What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Yesterdays
B – ala Ditto, with soaked flaxseed and full fat milk.
A BIG pot of black coffee again
L – Factory Lunch
Fish flavoured bones, Egg and Tomato, Leek and Cabbage, Tofu and Chives.
D – Tuna with Mayo and a little Worcester sauce, Olive pate, tin of Sardines, Smoked Salmon., Cheese Omelete.
Laughing Cow Cheese, 2 Toms, a little Olive Pate and 6 Pimento stuffed Olives before bed.
About 2 litres of coffee.
Water approx. 1.5 litres.

@Amigo
Pics
End for today
View attachment 6010

Certainly varied and healthy Vince! 🙂

Today:

B- scrambled egg and toast
L- Christmas lunch with the girls - penne pasta with chicken & mushrooms (at ask), a thin slice of chocolate and orange tart with a peppermint tea
D- sausage and mustard baguette, obligatory French fries crisps. Profiteroles.

Must up my veg intake!

My Yesterdays
B – Bacon, 1 Egg and of course Baked Beans
A VERY,VERY BIG pot of black coffee again
L-
1/2ib Ground Beef Burger, slice Cheese,1 fried Egg, 3tbs Beans
D –
Hunan food
Chinese tea, black Fungus, stir fried Cauliflower, Mapo Tofu, spicy Beef with garlic and ginger, roast Chicken
Before Bed
Strong Blue Cheese and Salmon Stuffed Olives. This is becoming a habit.

The old man came and sat at our table lol. 72 years old and started to give me the story of his life. Complete stranger but it happens here. Wanted to speak English he learned it in Russia in 1964. “Englan velly glood prace”. I nodded, then he proceeded to tell me how badly the English had treated China in the past. I reminded him that was 125 years ago but they hold a grudge for a very long time and usually have no idea why they are holding it lol.
A nice man actually but a typical “nongmin” 农民(Chinese farmer) mentality.
They have had a terribly hard and difficult life in the past.

When I look at photos of myself I am just a shadow of my former self size-wise. I was HUGE without realising it lol.
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
@Amigo
Pics

End for today.
IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4326.JPG IMG_4327.JPG IMG_4325.jpg IMG_4328.JPG IMG_4329.JPG

My Yesterdays
B – Bacon, 1 Egg and of course Baked Beans
A VERY,VERY BIG pot of black coffee again
L-
1/2ib Ground Beef Burger, slice Cheese,1 fried Egg, 3tbs Beans
D –
Hunan food
Chinese tea, black Fungus, stir fried Cauliflower, Mapo Tofu, spicy Beef with garlic and ginger, roast Chicken
Before Bed
Strong Blue Cheese and Salmon Stuffed Olives. This is becoming a habit.

The old man came and sat at our table lol. 72 years old and started to give me the story of his life. Complete stranger but it happens here. Wanted to speak English he learned it in Russia in 1964. “Englan velly glood prace”. I nodded, then he proceeded to tell me how badly the English had treated China in the past. I reminded him that was 125 years ago but they hold a grudge for a very long time and usually have no idea why they are holding it lol.
A nice man actually but a typical “nongmin” 农民(Chinese farmer) mentality.
They have had a terribly hard and difficult life in the past.

When I look at photos of myself I am just a shadow of my former self size-wise. I was HUGE without realising it lol.
@Amigo
Pics

End for today.
View attachment 6019 View attachment 6020 View attachment 6021 View attachment 6022 View attachment 6023 View attachment 6024 View attachment 6025

Ooo that spicy beef looks very appetising Vince! 😛

Ooo that spicy beef looks very appetising Vince! 😛
It was Amigo, tends to be a little chewy. They use brisket which should be cooked slowly but they stir fry it here. It was with Chinese radish which I love, chilies, ginger, whole garlic cloves and some green stuff, no idea what it was lol. The Radish they fry and then boil for a while and use soy sauce.
The Mapo Tofu is delicioous, spicy,the chilie oil has ground pork in it and it has a lovely kick. The tofu itself is tasteless to be honest but very healthy.
What I will eat when I get back to Newcastle next week I have no idea haha will seem boring.

It was Amigo, tends to be a little chewy. They use brisket which should be cooked slowly but they stir fry it here. It was with Chinese radish which I love, chilies, ginger, whole garlic cloves and some green stuff, no idea what it was lol. The Radish they fry and then boil for a while and use soy sauce.
The Mapo Tofu is delicioous, spicy,the chilie oil has ground pork in it and it has a lovely kick. The tofu itself is tasteless to be honest but very healthy.
What I will eat when I get back to Newcastle next week I have no idea haha will seem boring.

Don’t make Greggs your first point of call Vince! :D Your challenge will be making such varied and tasty low carb meals for yourself back home. Especially managing to get the vegetable content you’ll need.

@Amigo
I like sprouts, swede, cauliflower, onions and muchrooms Amigo. Not much else. I have been checking online here the carbs in certain things such as swede and Aunt Bessies appears to be quite low. Need to learn how to cook peppers and maybe cauli rice. I see I can buy that in Morrisons. I believe in economy of motion a euphermism for Vince being Lazy.
I have been looking at a UK website "All Recipes" which I can get onto from here which has many suggestions and gives the carb content per serviing for each meal.
Fish such as Salmon, Basa are reasonably priced in the UK especially at Aldi and Morrisons as are prawns and mussels.
I have bought more kitchen gadgets while I have been away and had delivered to make it easier, An elecric frying pan so I don't have to turn the ceramic hob on all the time. A Tefal Grill for steaks etc that calculates the cooking time depending on the thickness and degree of "doneness" you want, rare , medium etc. and an elecirc omelete maker in addition to some kitchen scales. Chicken I can cook in the Halogen oven I have which has never been used again so I don't need to turn the built in oven on.
Also I have an Actifry which is very good for diced chicken etc and I am taking a lot of spicy coating back with me and praying customs at Newcastle are being inefficiently lazy again as usual.
I am basically a lazy cook. I am a dab hand at slow cooking haha.
If i make it simple then I will manage it; to complicated I will just not do it.
My pies and pasty days are well and truly over but that is not such a bad think in retrospect.
If i get to really idle I will just take myself to the Toby Carvery and miss out the mash.

@Amigo
I like sprouts, swede, cauliflower, onions and muchrooms Amigo. Not much else. I have been checking online here the carbs in certain things such as swede and Aunt Bessies appears to be quite low. Need to learn how to cook peppers and maybe cauli rice. I see I can buy that in Morrisons. I believe in economy of motion a euphermism for Vince being Lazy.
I have been looking at a UK website "All Recipes" which I can get onto from here which has many suggestions and gives the carb content per serviing for each meal.
Fish such as Salmon, Basa are reasonably priced in the UK especially at Aldi and Morrisons as are prawns and mussels.
I have bought more kitchen gadgets while I have been away and had delivered to make it easier, An elecric frying pan so I don't have to turn the ceramic hob on all the time. A Tefal Grill for steaks etc that calculates the cooking time depending on the thickness and degree of "doneness" you want, rare , medium etc. and an elecirc omelete maker in addition to some kitchen scales. Chicken I can cook in the Halogen oven I have which has never been used again so I don't need to turn the built in oven on.
Also I have an Actifry which is very good for diced chicken etc and I am taking a lot of spicy coating back with me and praying customs at Newcastle are being inefficiently lazy again as usual.
I am basically a lazy cook. I am a dab hand at slow cooking haha.
If i make it simple then I will manage it; to complicated I will just not do it.
My pies and pasty days are well and truly over but that is not such a bad think in retrospect.
If i get to really idle I will just take myself to the Toby Carvery and miss out the mash.

Sounds like a plan Vince. You’ll do just fine! 😉

Yesterday we had Christmas dinner with friends, done it every year for 19 years now.
Tea
B: Bacon & egg butty on Hovis low carb wholemeal
T: Turkey, stuffing roll I make myself with sausage meat, onion, cranberries & bacon, 2 roast potatoes, 2 small pieces of roast parsnip, carrots, sprouts, 2 yorkies & gravy 🙂. Prosecco, red wine (lots 😉). Small piece of Christmas pudding with Amaretto cream :D. Coffee with cream.
Tea & coffee during the day.

T: Turkey, stuffing roll I make myself with sausage meat, onion, cranberries & bacon, 2 roast potatoes, 2 small pieces of roast parsnip, carrots, sprouts, 2 yorkies & gravy 🙂. Prosecco, red wine (lots 😉). Small piece of Christmas pudding with Amaretto cream :D. Coffee with cream.
Tea & coffee during the day.
scouse, that sounds positively yummy 🙂

Yesterday
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
9:30 - coffee
D - wholemeal gouda, corned beef and onion toastie and a dark praline
2 - coffee
T - 2 pork loin steaks, (drum roll please) a BIGGER serving of charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, runner beans, onion gravy and 1 square 90%
After t - coffee x
Hearing the drum roll and huge congrats for the bigger serving, know how hard it is for you. You are making so many changes! 🙂 So how did it go, was it the start of a new daily amount of food?

Hearing the drum roll and huge congrats for the bigger serving, know how hard it is for you. You are making so many changes! 🙂 So how did it go, was it the start of a new daily amount of food?
Yeah that's my dinner upped to 30g now 🙂 xx

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
9:30 - coffee
D - 2 slices wholemeal with bacon and tomato and 25g bar 85%
2 - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, petits pois and 1 square Lindt 90%
After t -coffee
x

Today:

B- out at friends - bacon, scrambled egg & a croissant. I resisted all other carbs even though it looked lush. Hot elderflower cordial.
L- ham, cheese and mustard toastie on wholemeal. 6 cherry tomatoes. 4 mini Christmas shortbread biscuits.
S- out with friends - thin slice chocolate cake (shared with hubby) and peppermint tea
D- Pork fillet with Mediterranean roasted veg. 2 poppadoms.

Busy day but not behaved too badly. Baby is hungry tho and missing French fries... might have to indulge in a bit :D

My Yesterdays
B –
Smoked Salmon, 6 Olives, 2 Toms, approx. 50gr Blue Cheese, 115gr Fish pate
A VERY BIG pot of black coffee again
L-
Tin of Tuna and tin of Sardines mixed with a dash of Worcester sauce and some Mayo blended with a little Tomato ketchup, (an alternative to seafood sauce suggested by @wirralass a while ago and actually very nice and low carb).
D –
Sichuan food
Took my driver Xiao Wang and his wife out for dinner last night. His wife is a dentist very useful to know.
Rib Beef, Steamed Pork with Cucumber, Spicy skewers, Antler Mushrooms, Mapo Tofu again I love it, Rapeseed stems, Spicy Beef, Black Fungus, Duck, wonderful baked Fish in a very spicy sauce. Chinese Tea.
That lot lifted my levels from 5.2 pre to 5.7 post. No change at all.
Before Bed –
No room left in my likkle tum-tum.
Therefore Nothing.
IMG_4338.jpg IMG_4340.jpg IMG_4337.jpg IMG_4341.jpg IMG_4339.jpg IMG_4342.jpg IMG_4335.jpg IMG_4343.jpg IMG_4344.jpg IMG_4336.jpg
@Amigo
Pics

End for today.

Mr Wang my driver and his Dentist Wife.🙂
IMG_4334.jpg

My Yesterdays
B –
Smoked Salmon, 6 Olives, 2 Toms, approx. 50gr Blue Cheese, 115gr Fish pate
A VERY BIG pot of black coffee again
L-
Tin of Tuna and tin of Sardines mixed with a dash of Worcester sauce and some Mayo blended with a little Tomato ketchup, (an alternative to seafood sauce suggested by @wirralass a while ago and actually very nice and low carb).
D –
Sichuan food
Took my driver Xiao Wang and his wife out for dinner last night. His wife is a dentist very useful to know.
Rib Beef, Steamed Pork with Cucumber, Spicy skewers, Antler Mushrooms, Mapo Tofu again I love it, Rapeseed stems, Spicy Beef, Black Fungus, Duck, wonderful baked Fish in a very spicy sauce. Chinese Tea.
That lot lifted my levels from 5.2 pre to 5.7 post. No change at all.
Before Bed –
No room left in my likkle tum-tum.
Therefore Nothing.
View attachment 6037 View attachment 6038 View attachment 6039 View attachment 6040 View attachment 6041 View attachment 6042 View attachment 6043 View attachment 6044 View attachment 6045 View attachment 6046
@Amigo
Pics

End for today.

A veritable feast of yummyness Vince! 😛

Smoked salmon and blue cheese for breakfast...sounds like something I’d eat! :D

A veritable feast of yummyness Vince! 😛

Smoked salmon and blue cheese for breakfast...sounds like something I’d eat! :D
Was delicious Amigo. Truth was I was lazy to cook anything lol.
I adore blue cheese.and I need to get these perishables out of the fridge before I depart on Saturday night for Newcastle. I will leave the steaks etc in the freezer for my return.:D
I have not lost any weight this week steady at 83.5kgs BUT I have not gained any either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back