What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of life’s oddities who happens to like Sprouts.
I love this time of year when the nice young fresh sprouts are coming into the stores.....

@Amigo
I would try Amigo if I could find any here that A) i could trust to be genuine wholemeal and not sawdust sweepings and B) wasn't Chinese in origin.
I have hunted the place for a decent believable wholemeal bread to no avail.
I will try the Burgen when I get back home for sure or Morrisons LowCarb Bread. Made a shopping list would you believe.
I am developing a kind of over sensitivity to anything with carbs in or anything that could possibly have higher carbs than stated on the packing.
Aldi, Morrisons, LIDL, Tesco and even ASDA will get a damn good hammering when I get back.
First port of call Sunday after landing will be Aldi followed by Morrisons which I guess will be a nightmare as it is Xmas Eve and closing early I guess.
Straight from the airport before home.
It would seem very easy to develop a sort of phobia regardngi carbs and I need to avoid that.

I understand what you mean Vince. It’s Lidl you’ll need for the fresh bread counter and thing like the protein rolls. Try the chilli oatcakes because they’re very tasty and low carb (best ones are on the Delicatessen counter at the Asda).
I’ve been watching your food intake which is incredibly varied in China and you’re getting a fair bit of carb from the veggies. Once home, you may feel a bit hungry if you rely on mainly protein based meals and complex carbs aren’t always the enemy.

Good luck with your shopping! 🙂

I understand what you mean Vince. It’s Lidl you’ll need for the fresh bread counter and thing like the protein rolls. Try the chilli oatcakes because they’re very tasty and low carb (best ones are on the Delicatessen counter at the Asda).
I’ve been watching your food intake which is incredibly varied in China and you’re getting a fair bit of carb from the veggies. Once home, you may feel a bit hungry if you rely on mainly protein based meals and complex carbs aren’t always the enemy.

Good luck with your shopping! 🙂
Thanks Amigo
Advice logged and taken will be acted upon 🙂

(was going to treat myself to Bavarian ham on it too but SOMEONE lost my ham!!)
Off with their head.
A Capital Crime. :D

Tea
B: 2 crumpets with butter
L: Tesco sunflower & pumpkin seed bread toasted with cheese spread
T: A Tesco takeaway box Chinese meal
Tea & coffee during the day.

These geese just waddle around the feild at the back of the current factory. One day just before Spring Festival Eve, Chinese New Year Eve, Feb 14th they will vanish.
IMG_4374.jpg

B. 2 slices wholemeal toast one had peanut butter on it and a very large coffee.
L. Didn’t eat
D. Scampy, chips all 6 of them lol , Tartare sauce a few baked beans and a Coke Zero
Before bed a necessary 3 gingernuts and glucose.
Water throughout the day

D a few baked beans
welcome to the Baked Beans Club Lin
New members always welcome and FREE life membership granted.

Ah, sprouts are great!

B: Egg on toast with bacon and sausage
L: Low Carb white sandwich with laughing cow and salad cream, kettle bites, cheese portion and some mixed nuts.
D: A burger from a van at the winter wonderland while taking the Guides ice skating.

L: Low Carb white sandwich with laughing cow and salad cream, kettle bites, cheese portion and some mixed nuts.
Now Beck S , Laughing Cow I know and have exerienced it and what it is but KETTLE BITES have me beaten. Totally unheard of by yours truly. Cna you enlighten me please?

Now Beck S , Laughing Cow I know and have exerienced it and what it is but KETTLE BITES have me beaten. Totally unheard of by yours truly. Cna you enlighten me please?
:D:D

They're wholegrain crisp type things by Kettle - https://www.kettlefoods.co.uk/products/maple-barbecue/ - which are low calorie, a bit lower in carbs than normal crisps but not much (about 14g per packet) but are a bit higher in fibre as well and taste delicious. The maple barbeque are my favourite flavour. I seem to be able to eat them with no effect on my BG which is nice.

Although actually, now I compare them to normal crisps, they're actually very similar in nutritional values!! I thought they were better for me than that. Oh well, they taste nice!

:D:D

They're wholegrain crisp type things by Kettle - https://www.kettlefoods.co.uk/products/maple-barbecue/ - which are low calorie, a bit lower in carbs than normal crisps but not much (about 14g per packet) but are a bit higher in fibre as well and taste delicious. The maple barbeque are my favourite flavour. I seem to be able to eat them with no effect on my BG which is nice.

Although actually, now I compare them to normal crisps, they're actually very similar in nutritional values!! I thought they were better for me than that. Oh well, they taste nice!
Thanks Beck S

Off with their head.
A Capital Crime. :D
This is the photographic evidence!! (only took it as the bus my granddad got back to the other town to get MORE ham was the SAME BUS! yet he never even noticed it!!) LOL x20171219_143158.jpg

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
9:30 - coffee
D - wholemeal toastie with 2 slices gouda, slice of Bavarian ham and onion and a dark praline
2 - coffee
T - mince with leeks, charlotte potatoes, petits pois and a square 90%
After t - coffee
2 pints water throughout the day (I know I should probably drink more but its too cold for water at the moment and I'm still getting fluids with the coffee and almond milk in porridge)20171220_163854.jpg

Today

B- cornflakes with semi skimmed (haven’t had a chance to shop with little one being ill)
S- popcorn
L- veggie burger with mayo (no bun), some cherry tomatoes
S- a poppadom
S- mince pie - hypo treatment 🙂
D- chicken, mushroom, baby corn, onion, peppers, garlic, creme fraiche & wholemeal spaghetti. Wispa.

Might have to have some French fries in a min!

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
9:30 - coffee
D - wholemeal toastie with 2 slices gouda, slice of Bavarian ham and onion and a dark praline
2 - coffee
T - mince with leeks, charlotte potatoes, petits pois and a square 90%
After t - coffee
2 pints water throughout the day (I know I should probably drink more but its too cold for water at the moment and I'm still getting fluids with the coffee and almond milk in porridge)View attachment 6091

I’d need some butter on those tatties Kaylz! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back