What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the party food is actually alright, I've been trying some out. Even managed one of the mini-pies without much effect which was good to see. Can't beat pigs in blankets though.
Yes, we've liked what we've had so far.

I think I've got gout! My big toe is hurting and my son and nephew have it. All this rich food! :( That nasty turkey wouldn't have helped, full of purines.

19/11/17: 219.4 pounds - tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.1 @ 5.53am
Bottle water & tsp Normacol
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, Tomatoes, Shredded Sprouts, Carton Cottage Cheese.
Pt Water with Aspirin and meds.
Snack: Mug sweet white coffee (an 'all in' sachet but I think it was sugar...hoping it was sweetener!)
Pt Water.
Lunch: M&S Diet Coke and a Toastie (so expensive in there, but delicious).
Dinner:
Fried in butter Cod, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Lettuce, Mayo.
Pt Water.
Snack: Large bowl Peanuts.
Pt Water and a Levothyroxine.

Unfortunately a diet high in protein and fats (like Atkins) can cause gout in people who are predisposed to it. It’s not that I’m against Atkins at all so please don’t shoot the messenger but there does seem to be a link for people who produce more Uric acid.
See your GP Ditto because once this episode is under control, you may need daily Allupurinol if it is diagnosed as gout. They’ll do a blood test to confirm. I’ve seen my husband cry with the pain of gout so don’t let it take hold.

Cherry juice and cherry extract are supposed to help gout.

Unfortunately a diet high in protein and fats (like Atkins) can cause gout in people who are predisposed to it. It’s not that I’m against Atkins at all so please don’t shoot the messenger but there does seem to be a link for people who produce more Uric acid.
See your GP Ditto because once this episode is under control, you may need daily Allupurinol if it is diagnosed as gout. They’ll do a blood test to confirm. I’ve seen my husband cry with the pain of gout so don’t let it take hold.

Cherry juice and cherry extract are supposed to help gout.
@Ditto please heed Amigos excellent advice ~ better safe than sorry x

I'm not surprised if I do have gout...decades of pigging out! I'm not so worried about it though as I'm more worried about the D, the dicky ticker, the high blood pressure, the dicky liver and the arthur in my hip. :D At least my eyes aren't wonky any more, thank goodness for small mercies.

20/11/17: 222.0 pounds (weight gain due to peanuts) - tum 50/51 (peanuts added to horrendous water retention)
BG: 6.5 @ 4.51am
Breakfast:
Half a carton of Philly and a pkt of breaded Ham (I spread the philly over a slice of ham, roll and eat nom nom nom)
BG: 5.9 @ 3.25pm
Late lunch: Chicken Salad inc Cheesy Coleslaw and a tub of Potato Salad.
Pt Water.
Dinner:
Philly on Jacob's Cream Crackers, a fruity Eclair (yuck!), portion Trifle :(
Pt Water.
BG: 8.9 @ 11.22pm
Pt Water but my Levothyroxine was lost down the side of the sofa. :(
(and ended up eating Melton Mowbray pork pie in bed early hours whilst reading.)

I'm not surprised if I do have gout...decades of pigging out! I'm not so worried about it though as I'm more worried about the D, the dicky ticker, the high blood pressure, the dicky liver and the arthur in my hip. :D At least my eyes aren't wonky any more, thank goodness for small mercies.

20/11/17: 222.0 pounds (weight gain due to peanuts) - tum 50/51 (peanuts added to horrendous water retention)
BG: 6.5 @ 4.51am
Breakfast:
Half a carton of Philly and a pkt of breaded Ham (I spread the philly over a slice of ham, roll and eat nom nom nom)
BG: 5.9 @ 3.25pm
Late lunch: Chicken Salad inc Cheesy Coleslaw and a tub of Potato Salad.
Pt Water.
Dinner:
Philly on Jacob's Cream Crackers, a fruity Eclair (yuck!), portion Trifle :(
Pt Water.
BG: 8.9 @ 11.22pm
Pt Water but my Levothyroxine was lost down the side of the sofa. :(
(and ended up eating Melton Mowbray pork pie in bed early hours whilst reading.)

Apart from the ticker, I’ve got all those and the wonky eyes Ditto but I still wouldn’t want gout. The uric crystals can lodge in your kidneys so drink plenty and get to the doc! 🙂

Apart from the ticker, I’ve got all those and the wonky eyes Ditto but I still wouldn’t want gout. The uric crystals can lodge in your kidneys so drink plenty and get to the doc! 🙂
@Ditto ~ and you need meds regarding your water retention ~ I bet your legs are like balloons with it:( This isn't a personal affront Ditto but more of being concerned for a popular and friendly fellow member x

Today:

B- croissant
S- hot chocolate with skimmed milk at costa
L- fishfingers sandwich, pack of quavers, celery and cherry tomatoes.
S- yoghurt lolly
S- some chicken (sons leftovers). Chocolate freddo
D- salmon (oven baked with loads of five spice), stir fried veg & noodles. Mcvities hobnob flapjack.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, square Lindt 90% and a coffee
D - wholemeal roll with tuna mayo and a krackawheat smothered in butter
2 - coffee
T - 2 thin cut pork loin steaks, charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - coffee
2 pints water throughout the day x

My Yesterdays

Forgot toe take my Metformin again for the second time.

B – ala Ditto with soaked flaxseeds and full fat milk.
L – Factory Lunch,
Grass (Cabbage), Stir fried Peas in Pods, Radish and Tofu, Fish I actually managed to get some meat off.
D – Pork and Herb Sausage bean and onion casserole 2 Sausages. I Couldn’t think of anything to go with it usually it would have been mash so I settled for a 2 Egg cheese omelete.
I am really wanting to get back home now so I can have some decent food choices.

4 coffees (Well actually about 2 litres), water approx.2.5 litres all day.

The End
IMG_4201.jpg

Last edited:
@Kaylz How's the blister K
Mine burst and it is sore
View attachment 5675
Ouch that does look painful! Mines popped at some point while I was out yesterday and its not so sore now which is a relief! Lol, hope yours heals soon, anyone else please feel free to add pictures of fingers!! Lol
20171122_082059.jpg

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: Bacon sarnie on Burgen
D: Bangalore chicken curry, cauli rice & 3 poppadoms
Pud: Chocolate low carb protein bar

B. 2 slices wholemeal bread and peanut butter and coffee
L. Some Watermelon.
D. Prawn and lemongrass fish cakes, 6chips , peas and a Coke Zero .
Water throughout the day.

Ouch that does look painful! Mines popped at some point while I was out yesterday and its not so sore now which is a relief! Lol, hope yours heals soon, anyone else please feel free to add pictures of fingers!! Lol
View attachment 5676
:D

I bet your legs are like balloons with it
Legs seem okay, feet have always been puddings, especially the left one. :(

21/11/17: 222.4 pounds - tum 50
BG: 7.1 @ 8.21am
Breakfast:
The other half of the Melton Mowbray family sized pork pie with 3/4 tub of Cheesy Coleslaw.
Late lunch: Doorsteps made with Warburtons white and UtterlyButterly, one bacon with ketchup, one chicken (ravenous after Christmas shopping).
Pt Water.
BG: 7.6 @ 6.50pm
Dinner:
Half a portion of chippy Chips, 3 Fried Eggs, 1 slice Warburtons and UtterlyButterly (so I could stick a few chips on).
Pt Water.
BG: 8.2 @ 11.16pm
Pt Water and a Levothyroxine.

My Yesterdays

L – Factory Lunch,
Grass (Cabbage), Stir fried Peas in Pods, Radish and Tofu, Fish I actually managed to get some meat off.
D – Pork and Herb Sausage bean and onion casserole 2 Sausages. I Couldn’t think of anything to go with it usually it would have been mash so I settled for a 2 Egg cheese omelete.
I am really wanting to get back home now so I can have some decent food choices.

The End
View attachment 5662
Obviously something in the air this week Vince, I forgot my evening dose on Sunday and Monday. It annoys me when I do, but I never remember until I'm just about to go to sleep.

Anyway, yesterday...

B: Wholemeal roll and two slices of bacon
L: Low carb white sandwich with laughing cow and a slice of roast beef with english mustard. Maple Barbeque kettle chips, marmite cheese portion and a peanut and coconut Nature Valley bar.
D: Fish finger sandwich. Mmm...

My Yesterdays

L – Factory Lunch,

The End
View attachment 5662

I think you’ll be off Metformin soon anyway Vince. I’d be surprised if your new Hba1c is much over 35 to be honest!

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
9:30 - coffee
D - wholemeal roll with egg mayo and onion and a buttered krackawheat
2 - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, tender stem broccoli, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - coffee
2 pints water throughout the day x

I'm not surprised if I do have gout..

According to my father in law, who has had it for years, ( on and off, ) cherries and their juice helps, as well as drinking loads of water. By loads I mean 3 litres plus a day. 🙂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back