What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH I LOVE butterscotch Angel Delight.
I think I cheered in the aisle in Tesco when I saw the pots and realised I could have them. It was always my favourite flavour.

I think I cheered in the aisle in Tesco when I saw the pots and realised I could have them. It was always my favourite flavour.
I used to make it by the packet and scoff the lot all at once lol Sometimes 2

I used to make it by the packet and scoff the lot all at once lol Sometimes 2
I used to make it into milkshakes and have it that way because I was too impatient for it to set in the fridge!!

My avatar here shows layers of jelly topped with raspberry Angel Delight all in a Stein. This was before diagnosis. I did try Angel Delight once since diagnosis & it spiked me. Was a whole packet though. It was sugar free too.

Drum roll please
Today I pulled on some big girl panties and had a different breakfast!! 😱:D
B - 40g quaker jumbo oats made with unsweetened almond milk and a sprinkling of cinnamon and a cup of coffee (which I burnt my tongue on :()
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with a 2 egg cayenne and parmesan omelette and a lotus
2 - cup of coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, tender stem broccoli, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
2 pints water so far 🙂 x

Yesterday is too far away for me to remember but today I had;

B - bacon in wholemeal toast

L - braised steak dinner which was mainly vegetables and didn’t affect my levels (refused the ‘free’ dessert)

D - pan fried salmon fillet with Cajun topping served with chilli prawns, a mixed salad and a cauliflower and broccoli gratin (7.8 grams for those). A spoonful of coleslaw.

Snack - a fun size Mars bar (less than 10 grams of carb)

Yesterday is too far away for me to remember but today I had;

B - bacon in wholemeal toast

L - braised steak dinner which was mainly vegetables and didn’t affect my levels (refused the ‘free’ dessert)

D - pan fried salmon fillet with Cajun topping served with chilli prawns, a mixed salad and a cauliflower and broccoli gratin (7.8 grams for those). A spoonful of coleslaw.

Snack - a fun size Mars bar (less than 10 grams of carb)
Sounds deliciously mouth watering

Drum roll please
Today I pulled on some big girl panties and had a different breakfast!! 😱:D
B - 40g quaker jumbo oats made with unsweetened almond milk and a sprinkling of cinnamon and a cup of coffee (which I burnt my tongue on :()
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with a 2 egg cayenne and parmesan omelette and a lotus
2 - cup of coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, tender stem broccoli, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
2 pints water so far 🙂 x
My mind boggles at the "big girl panties" :D

B: mashed small banana with ground flaxseed soaked in soya milk and a spoonful of Lizi’s high protein granola.

Snack at shops after 3 mile walk with a cuppa in Costa: some weird strawberry things aimed at kids but 10g carbs so though it would prevent a hypo on the walk home. Raisin box I’d brought with me.

D: Thai quorn & veg curry I made earlier and froze, with spinach sautéed in garlic, roasted cashews and grilled courgettes; homemade ricotta and lemon cheesecake with strawberries & extra thick double cream.

B: 2 Fuel Protein Wheat Biscuits with seed & nut mix, linseed, double cream & milk.
L: Ham & cheese sarnie on Burgen.
Snack: Aussie Bodies blueberry protein bar
D: Gammon steak with peas & veg chips.
Pud: The last 3 rum truffles.

B: Egg on toast, two slices of bacon
L: Pork loin steak with thin apple sauce and onions, with brussels and a couple of roast potatoes.
D: Coleslaw with chopped up cumberland sausage, cheese and peanuts.
Stupidly picked up a mocha from the coffee shop in a rush back from my doctor's appointment and spiked like nobody's business, ended up at 10.1. Not doing that again

B: Egg on toast, two slices of bacon
L: Pork loin steak with thin apple sauce and onions, with brussels and a couple of roast potatoes.
D: Coleslaw with chopped up cumberland sausage, cheese and peanuts.
Stupidly picked up a mocha from the coffee shop in a rush back from my doctor's appointment and spiked like nobody's business, ended up at 10.1. Not doing that again
Mouth watering

Bit high in fat though! But it did taste nice. After my visit to the docs about my blood pressure yesterday, I now have to contend with lowering my sodium intake as well as the rest of my new diet. All easy like!!!

My Today’s
Another day, another challenge.
B – “a la Ditto”, blueberries, Semi-skimmed milk.
Wake up reading 4.6, Post 4.3.
2 cups of free freshly ground coffee when arrived at the factory..
L – I will let you guys and gals decide what I ate. See pic.
D - 4 minute beef sausages, 2 egg omelete, 6 fried pea size toms, and about 30 gms cheddar cheese AND 2 tbs baked beans.
Water and green tea (lu cha) throughout the day and evening.
Question
What are the benefits of semi skimmed as opposed to full milk in terms of carbs.
My trusty low carbs dashboard shows
Full Milk 1 cup
Carbs 11g, Sugar 12g, Fat 7g, Protein 7g, Calories 146kcal
Semi-skimmed 1 cup
Carbs 11g, Sugar 12g, Fat 4g, Protein 8g, Calories 116kcal.
In terms of low carbs I fail to see the difference, protein basically the same, Fat 3g lower but is that important in a LCHF diet regime, Cals lower by 30.
Just a thought.
Question asked because semi-skimmed milk is not easy to get here in wonderful Shanghai.
Over and out 10-4

Attachments

• IMG_4062.jpg
    IMG_4062.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OK I will go for the fish and mushy peas with curry sauce and forego the chips.
Should be ok (I hope).
I know it’s nowhere near chip shop but I have Aldi lightly dusted yellowfin sole from the freezer section and sweet potatoe, carrot and parsnip strips I bake in the oven. The aldi fish is about 8gms of Carbs. Worth a try. But don’t blame you for having proper fish n chips now and again - lovely!

I know it’s nowhere near chip shop but I have Aldi lightly dusted yellowfin sole from the freezer section and sweet potatoe, carrot and parsnip strips I bake in the oven. The aldi fish is about 8gms of Carbs. Worth a try. But don’t blame you for having proper fish n chips now and again - lovely!
I ALways shop at ALDI when I home have done for years even before they were popular. Their stuff is excellent . I always buy their salmon

I will let you guys and gals decide what I ate. See pic.
I like a challenge! Some sort of fish in a variety of beans and diced carrots, and a mound of the stalky bits of the kale plant with an omelette.
Regarding the milk, some people prefer full fat because the extra fat slows down the absorption of the carbs. (btw, your figures there are a bit suspect, there can't be more sugar in the milk than the total number of carbs, perhaps there's some rounding gone on somewhere). In the end it boils down to choice, whether you're worried about the extra calories more than you're worried about the speed of entry of the sugar into your bloodstream. Swings and roundabouts!

I like a challenge! Some sort of fish in a variety of beans and diced carrots, and a mound of the stalky bits of the kale plant with an omelette.
Regarding the milk, some people prefer full fat because the extra fat slows down the absorption of the carbs. (btw, your figures there are a bit suspect, there can't be more sugar in the milk than the total number of carbs, perhaps there's some rounding gone on somewhere). In the end it boils down to choice, whether you're worried about the extra calories more than you're worried about the speed of entry of the sugar into your bloodstream. Swings and roundabouts!
That about sums it up lol
I took the figures Robin off the low carbs program dashboard. I will check them later

Good grief what the heck's that Vic? Reminds me of the time my Jamaican friend Sue sent me to the corner shop in Whalley Range for gefilte fish, the owner kept saying there it is and laughed when he eventually realised I didn't have a clue what it looked like. Really tickled him. Vic that fish looks like it would have been carrying a lantern when it was alive. 😱:D Tell us what it is and put us out of our misery.

I have decided to post even if I'm being stupid. I sat at the bus-stop today trying to figure out how I could work in a sarnie without looking greedy. :: shakes head :: There's just no way. I'm gonna post daily like I used to and that'll teach me! 🙄

Wednesday: Weight: 220.8 Tum 50 1/2 I've put pounds on... :(
SlimFast Chocolate Shake @ 8.00am (I dashed into the kitchen and chuggalugged it hoping to break the bender I've been on...why waste a SlimFast if you're not going to stick to it is my reasoning).
BG: 7.9 @ 10.25am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
SlimFast Red Berry Porridge.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
Bottle Water.
Lunch:
SlimFast Chocolate Shake.
BG: 7.2 @ 5.17pm
Dinner:
Bacon, 2 large red Onions, Tomato, Tons of Sprouts, Mushrooms, Butter. (This was a huge, heavy bowl of food).
Bottle Water.
BG: 7.7 @ 8.46pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

Good grief what the heck's that Vic? Reminds me of the time my Jamaican friend Sue sent me to the corner shop in Whalley Range for gefilte fish, the owner kept saying there it is and laughed when he eventually realised I didn't have a clue what it looked like. Really tickled him. Vic that fish looks like it would have been carrying a lantern when it was alive. 😱:D Tell us what it is and put us out of our misery.
Wonderful Ditto...
To be honest Ditto, I have no idea what it is or should I say was. :confused:.
I used to like gefilte fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back