What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I never really here anyone using the word pleb anymore lol, does this 'grass' stuff taste anything similar to anything we have over here? If not you'll have to bring some back with you so I can try it! :D xx
There are many different type of 'grass" and I Have no idea what any of them are. Tasteless really. If I bring anything back I could be arrested for smuggling alien species into the UK. For me grass is grass and all the same lol Actually eating anything green at all is a new experience for my stomach, didn't use to eat any in the UK except sprouts would you believe which I do like.
Is Philistine more in voque than good old fashioned Pleb? Coz I is both

:D

Was hoping to post a menu today but not to be. Gonna have to listen to PaulMcKenna again...had to have just one more hit, beetroot sarnie and that posh ham from M&S, and of course it's triggered me off.

What is compressed sawdust? 😛
All-Bran lol

All-Bran lol
Oh yeah. I used to always have that, but then read it's full of salt so haven't had that since. I do luv the taste especially when it goes soggy with milk. 🙂

Oh yeah. I used to always have that, but then read it's full of salt so haven't had that since. I do luv the taste especially when it goes soggy with milk. 🙂
Soggy with milk is the only way Ditto same with bran flakes. I used to put milk on a bowl of bran flakes and leave them in the fridge overnight lol

B: Serving of Tesco Maple and Pecan crunch, semi-skimmed milk.
L: Cheese Omelette and salad. Big slice of peanut butter and chocolate cake 😳
D: Scrambled egg on toast with grilled bacon.

The cake was amazing, although I feel bad. Found it a bit difficult the past few days to keep to what I'm supposed to be doing under the excuse of 'trying stuff out to see what it does'. Well over my carb limit for lunch today too, trying to be good but had an apple today over my usual sandwich and nut bar and wotsits, but now I just feel bad. BG readings have been ok, but higher than the past couple of weeks. Need to stop now.

Soggy with milk is the only way Ditto same with bran flakes. I used to put milk on a bowl of bran flakes and leave them in the fridge overnight lol
Try it with Fruit&Fibre, gorgeous...or maybe not now in the circumstances. :D Bowl sets almost solid after a night in the fridge.

Today
B - 2 slices wholemeal bread (they were that lovely and soft I couldn't bring myself to toast them lol) with a slice edam and a slice corned beef and a cup of coffee
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon and a runny yolk fried egg and a lotus
2 - cup of coffee
T - parmesan chicken breast, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, mcvities digestive and a square lindt 90%
Currently - cup of coffee
2 pints water so far x

It can be helpful sometimes to know what sort of things people are eating, as it might give some ideas for a more varied diet. So, I'll start off with what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 slice buttered Burgen toast (my breakfast every day, I don't like to run with too much in my stomach)

Lunch - two soft-boiled eggs, two slices of buttered Burgen toast soldiers 🙂 Activia yoghurt

Evening meal - home-made spaghetti bolognese and a bounty bar.

I also nibbled on chilli-dusted peanuts through the evening.
Breakfast; plain Greek yoghurt with teaspoon of ground linseed and baobab powder

Lunch: cheese, cot cheese & protein nuts

Dinner: haddock, spinach and celeriac bake with green veggies. (6gm Carbs and totally delicious from BBC good food website

Today
B - 2 slices wholemeal bread (they were that lovely and soft I couldn't bring myself to toast them lol) with a slice edam and a slice corned beef and a cup of coffee
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon and a runny yolk fried egg and a lotus
2 - cup of coffee
T - parmesan chicken breast, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, mcvities digestive and a square lindt 90%
Currently - cup of coffee
2 pints water so far x
Love the B Love the D Especially love the T
Good menu
Bacon and runny yolk to die for
I would have added some HP Brown sauce lol

Try it with Fruit&Fibre, gorgeous...or maybe not now in the circumstances. :D Bowl sets almost solid after a night in the fridge.
Used to do that also Ditto the raisins swell as they absorb the milk. Wonderful.
AH Someone else with my culinary tastes.:D

B - 2 slices wholemeal toast & tea

L - I had fish, chips and mushy peas (oh and curry sauce). I was 7.8 two hours after so not bad

D - tin sardines, sliced tomato and 2 Cornish wafers

Snack - buttered Cornish wafer (4.9 carb) & 1 chocolate truffle (5 grams carb)

(Not the healthiest of days but didn’t spike me)

FIsh and chips and Mushy peas and curry sauce.
I often had curry sauce with fish and chips
7.8 is a fair result after that
Vince is inspired again lol

HEAVEN Amigo

Tea
B: Mushrooms & 2 eggs on wholemeal toast
L: Leftover Scouse, berries & SF jelly
4ish: Nature valley protein bar
T: Hunters chicken & Tilda mushroom rice, 2 glasses of vino
Tea throughout the day

B. My usual 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and coffee.
L. 5 Ryvita’s 😱, three with Caramalised onion Hummous , an apple and a Coke Zero.
D. Roast beef, a few small new potatoes , peas and a sparkling water
Was hungry later so had a Snack, a slice of cheese and onion flan and a Coke Zero
Water throughout the day.

FIsh and chips and Mushy peas and curry sauce.
I often had curry sauce with fish and chips
7.8 is a fair result after that
Vince is inspired again lol

HEAVEN Amigo
Be careful there, Vince. I had fish & chips on Saturday & spiked to 9.8! I think it's mainly the chips that caused the issue, as previously I had chicken & chips & spiked to 8.5, and there is no carbs in chicken.

Be careful there, Vince. I had fish & chips on Saturday & spiked to 9.8! I think it's mainly the chips that caused the issue, as previously I had chicken & chips & spiked to 8.5, and there is no carbs in chicken.
OK I will go for the fish and mushy peas with curry sauce and forego the chips.
Should be ok (I hope).

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: Not much in the house, so had a packet on spicy tomato Lentil snacks & a protein bar
D: Cottage pie, topped with squash mash. Dunno what type of squash it was, a big round green one, but it was really nice.
Pud: 3 home made rum truffles.

B: Greggs bacon roll
L: Hovis LC Wholemeal sandwich with laughing cow, ham, chicken, and marmite, an apple, a nature valley bar, and a packet of scampi flavoured fries. Went way over my carbs allowance!
D: Roast chicken with brussels, runner beans, cauliflower cheese, and gravy.
Snack: 2 gherkins.
1 Greggs vanilla latte and a tea. Lots of squash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back