What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea
B: Chocolate chia pudding, 2 boiled eggs
L: Ham butty on Tesco sunflower & pumpkin bread, mini babybel berries & Light & Free yogurt
Small banana at 4.30ish
T: Smoked haddock & vegetable bake
Tea, coffee & water throughout the day.

You're all just so good and eat so sensibly! I wish I could do normal. 🙂 I'm not listing yesterday and today because it's too embarrassing.

You're all just so good and eat so sensibly! I wish I could do normal. 🙂 I'm not listing yesterday and today because it's too embarrassing.
Always admired honesty as a human quality Ditto🙂

Last edited:
Confession Ditto, I didn’t post the Aero I had. Some days I wouldn’t dare post my food intake either. You’re only human hun!
I went into double figures so thought sack it and had a cake then two slices toast. That was just today. I shan't mention the slab of Mars Bar cake I had yesterday. I've been to the chippy most days this week. I never normally go near that chippy although it's only across the road. I've gone bonkers!

You should see what I eat on a night shift 😱 at least I can cover it with insulin. I had sausage and chips tonight when I took the kids bowling, very nice it was too 😛

I went into double figures so thought sack it and had a cake then two slices toast. That was just today. I shan't mention the slab of Mars Bar cake I had yesterday. I've been to the chippy most days this week. I never normally go near that chippy although it's only across the road. I've gone bonkers!

Food isn’t always just about eating though Ditto. It usually has psychological drivers and many of us reach for some kind of ‘crutch’ when we hit a rough patch. You know what you’re doing and you know you can sort it. Sometimes when we get really fed up or under pressure, we almost subconsciously punish ourselves with treats we don’t need. You’ll get back on track because you actually want to. I’ve had a few double figures this week too! 😱 It’s harder for us that are ‘flying without a net!’.

Thursday is my naughty day (for dinner, anyway)

B: 2 Fuel Protein Wheat Biscuits with ground linseed, nut mix, double cream & full fat milk (ooh, that was nice!:D)
L: Cheese sarnie & an Aussie Bodies blueberry protein bar
D: Cottage pie (mash potato topping) with peas & carrots
Pud: An individual chocolate & cream dessert.
Glass of red wine.

B: Lidl high protein roll with butter, marmite & crunchy peanut butter (the sort that's just scrunched up peanuts). Used an extended bolus on the pump to cover this as protein affects my levels. Three prunes as my level was too low to cycle to work.

Mid morning: small apple. I get the ones marketed for kids' packed lunches.

L: cheddar, graze box: the one with wild rice sticks. I only have the ones with 15g carbs or less normally and this one is 16g. Nature Valley salted caramel protein bar.

Afternoon before cycle home: small banana

Snack while waiting for dinner: salted peanuts and a handful of pecans

D: stir fried onion, pepper, mushroom and chilli flakes with Quorn garlic and wild parsley sausages, half a crispy baked potato skin (my OH eats the inside), broccoli, roasted baby aubergines. The aubergines were an experiment I won't be repeating. Somehow I thought baby ones might taste better than the large ones but they don't.
Plum and pear Irish Creamier yoghurt.
Square of dark chocolate.

Glass of instant "sangria" to celebrate half term: red wine with Fanta zero.

Snack: Lidl posh cheddar & onion crisps. I don't normally indulge when my OH is snacking but these looked so nice I decided to treat myself.

@Radders well done for trying the aubergines. I had them once and thought they were rank!

B: Fried egg on wholemeal toast, 2 slices on bacon
L: 2 'New Yorker' sausages from the Tesco hot counter, Wotsits, Marmite cheese, Nature Valley salted caramel protein bar.
D: Nachos, with bbq chicken pieces and half an orange pepper. Experiment to see whether they would cause me to spike, but I went from 6.0 before, to 7.3 2 hours after, so I'm really happy with that. An experiment that I am happy to repeat!
1 tea, 2 coffee, a couple of glasses of Tovali squash.

Bloody hell, how do you manage living across the road from one? I doubt I could and all my hard work would be quickly undone!

I will join in here, for what it is worth. Yesterday I had:

B: One quarter of a Tesco Spanish omelette; ( 16.3 g of C ) a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and a smallish apple.
L: Handful of salted peanuts. ( About 50g )
Afternoon snacks: Several cherry tomatoes and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps. ( Naughty! )
D: Tesco bubble and squeak and seven Vegan Meatballs from Asda.

Sugar free Iron Bru and about three litres of water throughout the day.

Yes, I am a crispaholic; especially salt and vinegar. Yes, I really do need to do more home cooking, bubble and squeak is easy to make! 😳

My today's
B - Oatmeal and blueberries
2 Small cups black coffee when I got to the office
L- See pic, Stir fried peas with pods, tofu with some grass stuff no idea what it was, Stir fried Liver and Cauli, chillies nice and spicy, a thin pork loin chop in soy sauce coating.
Again must have been ok pre 4.5, post 5.0
D- tin of sardines in olive oil, oil drained, 4 cherry toms, segment cream cheese.
Took longer to open the tin of sardines than it took to eat them.
2 litres water all day .

Attachments

• 3D694A8D-055E-4C96-A38C-827C1C743A89-6847-000004B028B39B3C_tmp.jpg
    3D694A8D-055E-4C96-A38C-827C1C743A89-6847-000004B028B39B3C_tmp.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 6
B. My usual 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and coffee.
L. Not hungry , a Coke Zero.
D. I was sooooo naughty . A luscious large jacket potato, dripping with butter, with loads of strong cheese,and another Coke Zero, you really don’t want to know how much insulin that needed 😱, but pleased to say my calculation was spot on.

Water throughout the day

Today
B - wholemeal toastie with cayenne butter, 1 slice edam and 1 slice corned beef and a cup of coffee
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with a 2 egg cayenne omelette and a row of G&B's Velvet Edition Dark Mint
2 - cup of coffee, milk
T - pork steak, charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square Lindt 90%
Currently - cup of coffee
2 pints of water so far x

Today
Tea
B: Mushroom omelette,
L: Ham butty on Hovis low carb white, mini babybel, a few pork scratchings
2 gin & slimlines
T: 3 pieces of southern fried chicken (oven baked), mixed veg chips & 2 tsp coleslaw, 2 glasses of vino
Tea throughout the day

Bloody hell, how do you manage living across the road from one? I doubt I could and all my hard work would be quickly undone!
It's horrendous, every time I pop into the supermarket it's temptation. The chippy is part of it, at the end. The smell is just so alluring.

Gone bonkers again today, started the day with Spam butties, then had a SlimFast for lunch (I know!) and then as I was passing I nipped in Tesco and got some Frank's Diabetic Ice Cream, I so wish I didn't know about that 🙂 so had half a tub of that as soon as I got to sons, then nothing till teatime and have been pigging out ever since. Not even gonna attempt to measure my bg, not after Steak and fried rice - Mum's left over dinner - one coconut cake with a jammy inside - then three toasts with jam on. Nothing to drink of course. I never want to drink. I made myself have a pint with fibre first thing and then a pint with my meds and then forgot to drink till 8 o'clock. I just never want to drink. Weird! If I have a cup of tea after two mouthfuls I've had enough. I wish it was the other way around with the food and drinks. 🙂

Today
B - wholemeal toastie with cayenne butter, 1 slice edam and 1 slice corned beef and a cup of coffee
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with a 2 egg cayenne omelette and a row of G&B's Velvet Edition Dark Mint
2 - cup of coffee, milk
T - pork steak, charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square Lindt 90%
Currently - cup of coffee
2 pints of water so far x
I am going to try that cayenne butter when i get back Kaylz. Sounds interesting

It's horrendous, every time I pop into the supermarket it's temptation. The chippy is part of it, at the end. The smell is just so alluring.

Gone bonkers again today, started the day with Spam butties, then had a SlimFast for lunch (I know!) and then as I was passing I nipped in Tesco and got some Frank's Diabetic Ice Cream, I so wish I didn't know about that 🙂 so had half a tub of that as soon as I got to sons, then nothing till teatime and have been pigging out ever since. Not even gonna attempt to measure my bg, not after Steak and fried rice - Mum's left over dinner - one coconut cake with a jammy inside - then three toasts with jam on. Nothing to drink of course. I never want to drink. I made myself have a pint with fibre first thing and then a pint with my meds and then forgot to drink till 8 o'clock. I just never want to drink. Weird! If I have a cup of tea after two mouthfuls I've had enough. I wish it was the other way around with the food and drinks. 🙂
Ditto, you are brilliant. I know I shouldn't chuckle but your food posts here are works of poetic genius. Sorry but this one had me in stitches. It's not what you say it's the way you say it as an old Irish comic used to say. Wonderful.:D

B. So hungry, so had 3 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a coffee.
L. Not hungry .
D. Butter roast chicken, peas, a few new potatoes and a Coke Zero.
Before bed , 2 choc and ginger bikkies , it should have only been one but that would have left one all by itself, and I just couldn’t be that cruel.

Water throughout the day.

My Todays
B - 2.5 rashers of bacon fried in its own fat (don't as why 2.5 it's complicated), a perfect 2 free range egg omelette cooked in the bacon fat, AND 2 tbs baked beans.
2 cups black coffee
L- 100 gr smoked salmon, 5 of the smallest cherry toms I have ever seen and segment cream cheese.
D - 250 grams diced chicken breast in a spicy coating done in the Actifry, steamed red onion and 5 button steamed mushrooms.
All cooked to perfection for a change.
Water all day with a lemon squeezed in.
That's me done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back