What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question for you Clive too, if you do not mind, where do you get your no salt Soya sauce? I have seen replacement options, but not actual Soya Sauce.
Hi Grey Mouser Sorry but that was suppose to read " No Salt Vegetarian Worcestor Sauce" Cheers clive55555

Hi Vince 30 minutes Mushrooms and anything else. I use big firm mushrooms, (sometimes de-stalk them) small onion about the size of a ping pong ball. 400 grams of Mushrooms = 28calories O CARBS, always have a bowl of raw cherry tomatoes on the side. Peel the celery first, the "piano wires don't cook" I imagine I'm having a nice big plate of Pasta and Pasta Sauce but without the Calories and Carbs. Hope you still full of beans. Cheers clive55555
Thanks Clive, I am going to try that this weekend. I need a tasty change and that sounds really cool.

Hi Ditto, Think of it has a LOW CARB AKINS, with tomatoes, steamed bacon, and poached egg. Met a lady the other day who took a form of insulin (No Hearing Aids) but I don't think she was Type 1, her problem she couldn't eat, had no appetite and never had Breakfast, she was spiking all the time and not adjusting her insulin, I was going to suggest an Akins Diet, it's great to get people, cooking and eating again. Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones started on it when first became popular, first time he'd bought and cooked his own food, now he's a health freak, so be careful. Best of Luck all the best clive55555

Hi Ditto, Think of it has a LOW CARB AKINS, with tomatoes, steamed bacon, and poached egg. Met a lady the other day who took a form of insulin (No Hearing Aids) but I don't think she was Type 1, her problem she couldn't eat, had no appetite and never had Breakfast, she was spiking all the time and not adjusting her insulin, I was going to suggest an Akins Diet, it's great to get people, cooking and eating again. Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones started on it when first became popular, first time he'd bought and cooked his own food, now he's a health freak, so be careful. Best of Luck all the best clive55555
Steamed bacon actually sunds interesting Clive. 30 minutes again?

I am posting this today because I am 7 hours ahead at the moment. This means in 2 hours it will be my tomorrow so now will be my yesterday but still your today.🙂😉
Breakfast my staple 50gm each oatmeal and blueberries with skimmed milk
Lunch again my staple 100gm smoked salmon 4 cherry tomatoes 2 small hard boiled eggs and small piece of VERY EXPENSIVE imported cheddar cheese.
Dinner 200gm sirloin steak which I managed to cook to perfection, 3 steamed broccoli spears and 2 tablesspoons (big ones) of baked beans. Fat cut off but I fried the fat in the pan instead of using any oil again.
Reading pre meal 4.6, the best I have ever had.
Post meal reading 5.3
Ain't gonna complain at that
Across 3 days the lowest reading has been 4.6 with the highest at 5.5 giving a 3 day daily average of between 5.1 to 5.18.
Seeing as 3 weeks ago my reading was 7.8 I am fairly satisfied so far.

Last edited:
Nice one, Vince. Your'e doing well.🙂 I can't have porridge, sends my BG sky high.:(

I am posting this today because I am 7 hours ahead at the moment. This means in 2 hours it will be my tomorrow so now will be my yesterday but still your today.🙂😉
Oh, you are killing me..... It's like communicating with my family.....
Brother 1 +12
Brother 2 +10
cousins +0
Me -8

B: Small bowl Tesco 'Finest' 7 nut Granola / semi-skimmed milk. 1 x Mini babybel cheese
L: Salad with Egg mayonnaise & mackerel fillet. Few olives.
Small pot mixed nuts / raisins
D: Steak, Stilton stuffed mushrooms x 3, Beans, carrots, broccoli, baby sweetcorn (and a very small portion of oven baked chips)
3 squares Lindt 90% chocolate
2 glasses red wine with / after D, Several black coffees during the day.

Tea
Milky coffee
B: Chia pudding, 2 boiled eggs
L: Out with a friend - ham butty on seeded bread
T: Bolognese with wholemeal pasta - 2 glasses of vin rouge
Tea throughout the day.

B: 1 slice of buttered toast
L: Home mad veg soup & a protein roll (soup contained sweet potato, butternut squash, leeks, onion, carrots, swede & another squash that I roasted then added to soup).
D: Chicken ratatouille.
Pud: A salted caramel Nature Valley Protein bar.

Well, I have just had my todays lunch today which is your todays breakfast.
Decided to try the company supplied FREE Chinese lunch.
I like FREE!!!
This consisted of small portions of ( and I mean small ),
Stir fried shreds of potatoes mixed with beansprouts, Fried tofu with chillies and soy sauce (absolutely delicious) a fried egg with soy sauce and 2 small dumplings with some meat inside (don't ask what it was I have no clue and shudder to guess).
Totally loved the nice spiciness of it for a change instead of my bland staples.
Pre-meal 5.3
Post-meal, 2 hours, 6.0
Within the range 4-7
Not unhappy with that although a little higher than I would wish.
Everyday the food is different here so I guess everyday the reading will vary but not drastically.
So avoiding the rice, of which there is 25 tons with the meal, I should be ok.
I am getting there.
If i cut out any further shredded pots I should be fine.
So an added benefit, I can have my staple lunch menu of smoked salmon for dinner so I don't have to think about that tonight.
Onwards and Upwards.

5.3 to 6.0 is nothing, Vince. All meters have a 10% tolerance (older ones were 15%) which means 5.3 & 6.0 could actually be almost the same reading.

5.3 to 6.0 is nothing, Vince. All meters have a 10% tolerance (older ones were 15%) which means 5.3 & 6.0 could actually be almost the same reading.
PHEW!!!!!
Authentic Chinese Nosh --------- Here I come.
On Friday, I am going to go to my fav Sichuan Restaurant here in Shanghai
I will have
Dragon peppers stir fried in chillie and garlic
Black Fungus with Chillies and vinegar
A HUGE pork spare rib in Chillie and Garlic
AN Omelette with spring onions.
And
Spicy Chillie stir fried beef (well supposed to be beef).
The beauty of eating Chinese food here is that you can order 1 dish of any food and 2 people can share.
Using chopsticks means you don't fill your mouth full as you would do with a spoon for example and you can eat sparingly, so you only eat what you want.
Will test before and after and if the results are fine I will say bye bye to 24/7 bland food.
Also eating out here, 5 or 6 dishes, is not expensive. A meal like that for 2 people sharing, and the portions are big, would cost less than £10 for 2
I want eat also Pickled fish in spicy soup. ----Wonderfu stuff but no dim sum and dumplings or the wonderful Chinese deep fried mince burgers in a crispy pasty packet.
I am drooling.

B: one protein Weetabix, 15g Lizi's protein Granola, ground flaxseeds, soya milk- very filling.
L: Graze box consisting of seeds. Somehow I always manage to spill these. 9 bar pumpkin flavour.
Afternoon snack to ward off hypo on cycle home via the diabetes clinic: tiny apple and Alpen light bar
Dinner: warmed up Indian leftovers: Chana sag, mushroom and cauliflower bhaji all mixed together with a microwaved poppadum, followed by a piece of my home made low carb raspberry cheesecake and a square of dark chocolate.
Supper: small bag sweet and salty popcorn

Tea
B: Bacon, scrambled eggs, chia pudding
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Tesco sunflower & pumpkin bread, melon & a light & free yogurt.
T: Sausage, mushroom & oregano (a recipe from my new Good Food Low Carb recipe book) & some tiny new potatoes. Water.
Tea throughout the day and a milky coffee.

B: 1 slice buttered toast
L: 1 pack of Sainsbury's cocktail sausages & 1 pack Sainsbury's coconut & lime covered chicken pieces & a garlic mayo dip
Snack: Nature Valley salted caramel protein bar
D: Sausage, gammon, egg, pineapple ring, peas, mushrooms & chips
Pud: Christmas pudding & cream. Yes, Christmas pudding.

I didn't test before meal, but when I got home from my Bruv's 2 1/2 hours later, I was 5.6. Dread to think what I was after an hour.😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back