What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margaret step away from the bananas! :D One of the foods you definitely can't have apparently. Keep testing, it's the only way to go for us. There are lots of other things you can have instead, strawberries, blue berries? Try those for breakfast. My brother-in-law Type 2 has porridge and blueberries every morning. The porridge would spike me though, so I can't have it. Gonna try SlimFast porridge on Wednesday.

Jackie the Codefree always measures higher so I allow for that, but just now I measured 5.5 after a breakfast of four buttery white toasts with meat paste because I felt deprived last night (daft cow!) and I think I spiked and fell so that's not good, I must really be in 3 or 4s. 😱 I don't like a rollercoaster. I know I'm allergic to bread and yet I keep having it. Agh.

Today I walked nearly 3 miles, it keeps the bg down. 🙂

Sunday: Weight: 216.0 Tum 49
BG: 7.3@ 6.11am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
Chocolate Tesco SlimFast type milkshake with whole milk (they advise skimmed which is rubbish so I'm having whole instead...I only like skimmed in tea.)
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 6.0@ 11.42am
Lunch:
Strawberry Tesco SlimFast type milkshake with whole milk.
Pint Water
Dinner:
Lg Can Tuna over 1/4 Cheddar Cheese melted over a huge plate of Spaghetti (one of my fave meals which I don't usually have now).
Pint Water.
BG: 7.6@ 7.51pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

Today
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee, milk
9:20 - cup of coffee, milk
D - wholemeal roll with tuna, mayo and spring onion and a lotus
2ish - cup of coffee, milk
T - parmesan chicken, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, dollop of mayo, mcvities digestive and 1 square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Again am I on the right place to ask question reg. Banana, had half for breakfast on burgen (fasting as about 8) hour later it was"25" another hour later back down to 8 was this too extreme and does anyone know why?
Hi Margaret, it could be the banana. Don't be too quick to ditch them though if you enjoy them, especially on the basis of one high reading. You might be able to tolerate them if you eat them with something to slow down the digestion of the sugar, such as nut butter or cream. You might get away with half a smaller banana or a less ripe one, or eating them later in the day, or after some protein. One spike isn't enough evidence to say "never"!

B: small banana with peanut butter between two low carb tortillas

Snack before exercise: Nature Valley salted caramel bar

Snack during exercise (12 mike bike ride): half a Caribbean rum cake.

D: Home made low carb pizza I froze earlier with salad. Piece of home made low carb raspberry cheesecake.

Weekend treat: half a bar of Italian Venchi chocolate bought in Covent Garden. My mouth is watering thinking about all my food yesterday!

Tea
Milky coffee
B: Bacon & egg muffin
L: Hovis Low carb wholemeal butty with cheddar cheese spread
T: Dolmio mushroom, garlic & white wine chicken tray bake with fine beans
Tea & sparkling water throughout the day

Weekend treat: half a bar of Italian Venchi chocolate
I've been looking at their stuff online and it looks so good! 🙂 x

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: Small bag of pork scratchings & a Nature Valley Protein bar
D: Beef stew with butternut squash, swede, sweet potato & broccoli.
Pud: Choc eclair.

I have come to the conclusion that if I stick to SlimFast my numbers will be perfect...shame I want to eat the hind leg of a donkey.

Monday: Weight: 215.6 Tum 49
BG: 7.0@ 5.41am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
4 Meat Paste Toasts (I have such chavvy tastes in food! No Cordon Bleu for me!!)
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 5.5@ 11.53am
Lunch:
Strawberry Tesco SlimFast type milkshake with whole milk.
Pint Water
BG: 5.7@ 4.11pm
Dinner:
Chocolate Tesco SlimFast type milkshake with whole milk and later about four spoonfuls of Mum's ready meal which she said was bland and tasted like nectar to me...
Pint Water.
BG: 5.8@ 10.00pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

What did I eat today?
Total disaster.
Breakfast
50g oatmeal 50g Blueberries skimmed milk--that was ok become my staple here
Lunch
100gm smoked salmon, 5 cheery tomatoes, 30 gram VERY expensive cheddar cheese and 2 small boiled eggs. That was ok. again become my staple.
Didn't finish until to late to eat so walked around a supermarket but couldn't find anything only tuna in vegetable oil so decided to give that a miss.
Walked past a McDonalds and a Pizza and all my fav Chinese restaurants :( that was hard.
Decided just to have something totally vile and safe I guess
2 small eggs scrambled, 3 cherry tomatoes and 4 spears of understeamed cauliflower.
OOOOO I mourn the days when would just order a double Aberdeen Angus bacon and cheese burger from Burger KIng and fries (very popular in Shanghai)
and a smoothie. Need better planning for tomorrow. Life is cruel....

I have read that that Type 2 diabetes is now becoming a big problem in China, especially since western food became very popular.

Am I answering in right place. Decided to try banana again!!!! Maybe later as I had very bad day (out for lunch)!!!! I feel as though I eat too much when I read peoples menu for the day. E.g again
B.....1sl burgen toast boiled egg
L....half tin salmon,coleslaw,tomato,cucumber plus pear
One sq dark choc.
D....chicken,Brussels sprouts,green beans,beetroot
Another 2pieces dark choc.
Am I overeating as a diabetic?

Am I answering in right place. Decided to try banana again!!!! Maybe later as I had very bad day (out for lunch)!!!! I feel as though I eat too much when I read peoples menu for the day. E.g again
B.....1sl burgen toast boiled egg
L....half tin salmon,coleslaw,tomato,cucumber plus pear
One sq dark choc.
D....chicken,Brussels sprouts,green beans,beetroot
Another 2pieces dark choc.
Am I overeating as a diabetic?
Definitely not over eating. Sounds a good menu to me.

I have read that that Type 2 diabetes is now becoming a big problem in China, especially since western food became very popular.
HUGE prroblem Mark. At least 25% of people and I would guess much higher, knowing how statistics here are manipulated. I would tend to lean towards the vast quantities of rice, noodles etc they eat as well as the rise in western food type consumption. Ihave a friend who has 2 Uncles and they are countryside people who have never left their village or even seen a westerner never mind eat western food and they are both type 1 diabetic. This is very common. High Carb Diets. People know that but take no action because the economic constraints mean they have to eat rice and noodles every meal daily. Obesity in general especiailly amongst the kids, is really a big issue.
When I speak to people here about it they just shrug their shoulders and state that having diabetes is not a real problem and that many here have it. EVERYTHING is blamed on the West and its corupting influence.
Ignorance is bliss

Last edited:
Tea
Milky coffee
B: Bacon butty on Tesco sunflower & pumpkin seed bread
L: Broccoli & stilton soup, salami, mixed berries & Light & Free yogurt
T: Roast pork leftover from Sunday dinner, new potatoes, sprouts & carrots, gravy. Coffee.
Tea & water throughout the day.

B: Scrambled egg on toast
L: Chicken tikka with a mustard mayo dip
D: Pork schnitzel (crumbed using a milled superseed mix), peas & veg chips
Pud: Aussie Bodies protein bar

I enjoyed for breakfast, 40 grams Scotts Porridge with water, baked apple with All spice and Ginger.
Lunch:- Bowl of cherry toms, 2 carrots, half a curly lettuce, stick of celery, 50grams of shredded beetroot.
Dinner:- 400 grams steamed mushrooms, 160grams Brocolli, 100 grms steamed carrots, two sticks of steamed celery and a steamed onion + a bowl of cherry toms.
All flavoured with No Salt, Vegetarian Soya Sauce. Cheers I enjoyed that, clive55555

Clive a question if I may. How long does it take to steam mushrooms and it is better to cut them or do them whole? Same question for a steamed onion, actually sounds delicious.

I have another question for you Clive too, if you do not mind, where do you get your no salt Soya sauce? I have seen replacement options, but not actual Soya Sauce.

Hi Vince 30 minutes Mushrooms and anything else. I use big firm mushrooms, (sometimes de-stalk them) small onion about the size of a ping pong ball. 400 grams of Mushrooms = 28calories O CARBS, always have a bowl of raw cherry tomatoes on the side. Peel the celery first, the "piano wires don't cook" I imagine I'm having a nice big plate of Pasta and Pasta Sauce but without the Calories and Carbs. Hope you still full of beans. Cheers clive55555

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back