What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee with double cream
9:20 - coffee with double cream
D - wholemeal roll with prawn mayo and a lotus
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - coffee with double cream
4 pints water throughout the day
10pm - mcvities digestive x

B: Bacon & cheese omelette.
L: Tuna & coleslaw.
D: Beef casserole with 1 small dumpling
Pud: Peaches & custard.😱
Being a Thursday, I was at my Bruv's. I told him I have my HbA1c in the morning, so need to behave myself. Dinner was acceptable, but I was worried about pud. Still ate it though & had a glass of wine to compensate. 2hrs after was 5.4.🙂

I must be missing something but I can't see a spike here?
No, you're quite right. It's when I see an '8' I just don't like it, but it didn't go up by that much from the previous number. Thank you for pointing this out, it's the original numbers I need to get down. 🙂

I'm doing SlimFast from tomorrow, not because I'm fed-up of Atkins foods but because I messed the grocery budget up again and I have SlimFast in but not that much else till pension day on Tuesday. :D

Thursday: Weight: 215.8 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.3@ 7.34am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
Small Can Pork, 2 Fried Eggs, 2 Tomatoes, bit of Onion.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
Lunch:
Cold Cuts (roast turkey with stuffing, roast pork, roast beef) and Spicy Sweetfire Baby Beetroots (4 in a pack) Do they grow it like this or is stuff added?
Pint Water
BG: 6.5@ 2.10pm
Dinner:
Bacon and Cabbage with a very lot of butter! Too much!!
Pint Water.
BG: 7.1@ 10.02pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

B: 2 slices of Burgen toasted.
L: Tuna salad
D: Fish & chips from the chippy
Pud: cream filled chocolate brownie
It was my day off diabetes as I had my HbA1c yesterday.🙂

B: toasted Lidl high protein roll, half peanut butter and half buttter & marmite.

Definitely keeps me going longer than the banana porridge but I do enjoy it. I need to think of ways of increasing the protein in the banana porridge significantly it seems since the Lidl roll plus peanut butter is about 35g.

Banana porridge is only about 11g I reckon. I'd have to eat an awful lot of nuts to get that much protein!

L: three cheddar pieces, Graze box (beetroot crisps and sunflower seeds), 9 bar

Pm snack: 2 plums

D: Indian takeaway: half a portion each of Chana sag, mushroom bhaji, cauliflower bhaji, 3 poppadums, just enough nan to wipe my plate clean. Couple of glasses of Pinot Grigio blush.
The other half goes in the freezer for my dinner on Wednesday.

Weekend after dinner treat: 3 dark Lindors

Yes I googled it and its made basically the same way with pearl barley, is it nice? x
I really liked it, and i seemed to manage it without a big spike with strategic pre blousing.

My last day of real food for a while. Want to lose a stone for Christmas, so gonna do SlimFast. :D

Friday: Weight: 216.4 Tum <50
BG: 6.9@ 5.57am
Breakfast:
Bit of Spam, Liver Sausage, 2 Fried Eggs, Tomato, Mayo.
Lunch:
Tuna Box Salad with Potato Salad.
Pint Water
Snack: Bag Cashews.
Dinner:
Ham Box Salad with Potato Salad.
Pint Water.
BG: 7.8@ 8.17pm
Supper: 2 Rashers Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Broccoli, Butter.
~~~

Apologies for the double post...somebody post! I couldn't do one full day of SlimFast, I got into a food panic around five o'clock and not having much in health food-wise I had the same as Mum!

Saturday: Weight: 215.0 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.5@ 9.39am
Breakfast:
Chocolate shake, Tesco version of SlimFast.
BG: 5.9@ 1.45pm
Lunch @ 1.49pm:
Strawberry shake, Tesco version of SlimFast.
Pint Water
BG: 6.0@ 4.59pm
Dinner:
2 Sunblest soggy thick white slices of bread (yuck) with best butter slathered on, corned beef on one and a fried egg on the other! (I was full after 3 bites but kept right on eating...)
Pint Water.
Supper: The last bit of corned beef at half eleven!
~~~

B: Scrambled egg on toast
L: Wasn't hungry so just had a few salt & vinegar peanuts & an Aussie's Bodies Protein bar. They sell these in Home Bargains for 49p each.
D: Forgot to get the pork belly out of the freezer, so had a sausage & bacon sarnie.
Pud: 2 choc & peanut butter cups.

Tea
B: Out after having flu jab - 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, tinned tomato, granary toast & tea
Snacked on some boursin on 3 sugar free digestives
T: At friends - asparagus wrapped in parma ham with a poached egg, chicken & bacon carbonara followed by cheese & biscuits (I didn't have biscuits) & copious amounts of red wine :D

Having returned from Morocco I decided to try my hand at a tagine, to give OH a taste of what we had
- Lamb tagine (cooked very slowly for 2 hours) (no fruit in it)
- cucumber Arita
- carrots with caraway seeds
- Roasted butternut squash
- roasted potatoes cut up small

With all hat I still on
Y had 40 g CHO. A bit higher than normal but well worth it.
Mmmmmmm

Yesterday
B - wholemeal edam toastie and coffee with double cream
D - wholemeal roll with prawn mayo and a lotus
2:30 - coffee with double cream
T - smoked basa, 2 yorkies, asparagus, dollop of mayo, mcvities digestive and a square Lindt 90%
After t - coffee with double cream
3 pints water throughout the day
Today
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a coffee with double cream
D - bacon and brown sauce on 2 slices wholemeal and a 25g bar moser roth 85%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee, splash of milk
4 pints water throughout the day x

B: peanut butter and banana butty on low carb gluten free bread from Morrison's (thought I'd try it as they didn't have the Burgen. Not recommended)
L: quite a few salted peanuts
D:at Zizzi's: spicy nuts & chick peas, super zucca salad: Roasted butternut squash, goat's cheese, mint, courgette, lentils, green beans & salad leaves. Glass of red.

Water with okra soaked overnight first drink of the day, with my perindopril
Breakfast
50gm Oatmeal, 50gm Blueberries with skimmed milk. Metformin 500g, (Garlic pill, Vitamin D pill, Macusave pill, Fish oil capsule. I have eliminated my usual Vit C effervescent tablet after reading some posts).
Lunch
100gm smoked salmom, 4 cherry tomatoes, approx 30 grm cheddar cheese , 2 hard boiled small free range eggs.,
Dinner
Sirloin steak 200gm, pan fried no oil just a little seasoning fat cut off.
3 spears of broccoli steamed.
Atorvastatin 20mg and Aspirin75mg before bed.
Through out the day iced water I keep in the fridge with one or two slices of lemon in to make it a little less boring.
After dinner a 4.7km walk.

Last edited:
Again am I on the right place to ask question reg. Banana, had half for breakfast on burgen (fasting as about 8) hour later it was"25" another hour later back down to 8 was this too extreme and does anyone know why?

I'm blaming the sossies Goosey. Also, I read higher on a Codefree. Excuses, excuses... 😉

Thursday: Weight: 215.2 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.8@ 6.36am
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, large can Tuna.
BG: 7.6@ 1.13pm
Lunch:
6 Sausages, lg Onion, Mushrooms baked altogether in the oven.
Pint Water
Dinner @ 6ish:
3 Lamb Chops.
Pint Water.
BG: 8.2@ 8.40pm

~~~
@Ditto. My Codefree meter readings would always be 1-2mmols higher than my Contour TS meter ~ lately tho using the Contour, I've re-tested immediately after the first test using the same blob of blood and lo and behold its between 1-2mmols lower!! Make sense of that if you will!!! The only negative side to doing this is my test strips run out way before the next lot is due!!!

Tea
B: Out - egg, bacon, sausage, beans, hash brown, wholemeal toast & coffee
Some pistachios about 4pm
T: Roast pork, 2 roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrot & turnip, gravy & 2 glasses of red wine.

B. 3 slices wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. Didn’t eat, coffee.
D. Roast beef , 3 small halves of roast potatoes, cauliflower and a Coke Zero.
S. An apple and a tangerine.
Water throughout the day.
I totally forgot to have my Sunday treat, a peanut butter kit Kat, I’ll have that tonight -drool-

B: Bacon sarnie
L: Not a lot. A few salt & vinegar peanuts & a low carb protein bar (strawberry cheesecake flavour)
D: Pork belly & stir fry
Pud: 2 choc & peanut butter cups

Again am I on the right place to ask question reg. Banana, had half for breakfast on burgen (fasting as about 8) hour later it was"25" another later back down to 8 was this too extreme and does anyone know why?
Yes that spike is rather extreme and I would advise against having it again, bananas are full of carbs and sugar although some people can handle them, are you sure your finger was properly clean when you tested at 1 hour? x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back