What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Margaret Wilson. When were you diagnosed? If it is fairly recently, the it will take a while for your readings to settle down. Your diet sounds good to me.

I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago but recently just fought to get meter as my last hbac1 was 99. It has helped me a lot, but my doc says I will have to go on insulin my next date for testing Is November! I feel I don't really know what my readings should be to avoid insulin(although if this is the case then I will accept) but I just wanted to try my best to avoid(which I have not always done). I wish I had argued for meter earlier. Thanks for answering but I do feel the day is dawning for the need for insulin when I read the posts and peoples hba1c's.thanks again much obliged. (The example of my diet was a good day! Today I have had 2squ. Dark choc. 1oatcake.2 prunes.6almonds in between meals!!!!!!

Today
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with shredded ham and mayo and a lotus
T - parmesan chicken, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, dollop of mayo, mcvities digestive and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee x

Hello Margaret Wilson, welcome to the forum. Please post your menus, I like to see what others are eating. 🙂 I'm always amazed at the variety.

Sunday: Weight: 215.0 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.6@ 4.51am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
Lg Can Tuna, Scrambled Eggs, 4oz Cheddar melted over.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 7.1@ 11.44am
Lunch @ half eleven-ish:
Carton Eden Vale Cottage Cheese (the only cottage cheese I like now).
Pint Water
Dinner:
Lots and lots of Leg of Lamb (such a carnivore!) with Broccoli and Cauliflower, gravy and mint sauce.
Pint Water.
BG: 7.1@ 6.56pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago but recently just fought to get meter as my last hbac1 was 99. It has helped me a lot, but my doc says I will have to go on insulin my next date for testing Is November! I feel I don't really know what my readings should be to avoid insulin(although if this is the case then I will accept) but I just wanted to try my best to avoid(which I have not always done). I wish I had argued for meter earlier. Thanks for answering but I do feel the day is dawning for the need for insulin when I read the posts and peoples hba1c's.thanks again much obliged. (The example of my diet was a good day! Today I have had 2squ. Dark choc. 1oatcake.2 prunes.6almonds in between meals!!!!!!
@Margaret Wilson. Hi Margaret and welcome to our forum. Feel free to post your daily menues here ~ we like to see what each others menu's are. It would be a good idea if you introduced yourself in the thread *Newbies say hello here* Here's the link:~

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/forums/newbies-say-hello-here.12/

Margaret please don't apologise for not being up to scratch with tech ~ there are a few of us in the same boat:(🙄 Take care x

Last edited:
Hi ditto still learning how to use this but here goes:eg weight: 115 lbs. On metforman:daploglixafin: last hba1c 99.
B. 6.2 1rasher bacon friedegg
L 1SL BURGEN BREAD 2 SL cornedbeef pear
Mid a/noon oatcake 2prunes 6walnuts 2squ dark choc.
Before dinner 9.2
D. Fish Brussels sprouts green beans
Yog (Greek)blue/b
Felt this was a bad day.
Still to take 2hr reading.

Yesterday:
B boiled egg SL burgen
L SL burgen sardines salad apple
Before d 8.7
Chicken leftovers
Salad Greek yog 6rasps
After dinner 9.3
Does this seem too much?

It's trial and error Margaret. You'll soon see what you can have and what spikes you. Your 'diet' seems really healthy to me. I wouldn't be able to eat the fruit, especially the prunes, it would spike me awful. Not sure about the oatcake either, but it's experimentation, keep at it. Early days. 🙂

Prunes are a dried fruit & are basically pure sugar. The raspberries shouldn't be too bad. Berries tend to be lower in sugar than most fruits.

Whats the barley porridge? if you don't mind me asking! xx
Not sure how it is made. I am guessing it is the same way as other porridges but with barley.
I was just advised that the carbs were lower than with oats by the Manager of where I am staying, as he happens to have Diabetes. It has made life so much easier this week!!

Not sure how it is made. I am guessing it is the same way as other porridges but with barley.
I was just advised that the carbs were lower than with oats by the Manager of where I am staying, as he happens to have Diabetes. It has made life so much easier this week!!
Yes I googled it and its made basically the same way with pearl barley, is it nice? x

B: 1 slice Burgen toasted
L: Handful of salt & vinegar peanuts & a Nature Valley Protein bar
D: Pork kebabs & coleslaw.
Pud: Blackberry & choc cheesecake.

B: 3 rashers thick cut bacon, scrambles egg & 1 slice Burgen toasted
L: Aaargh! Nothing in the house! So had 1 pack pork scratchings & a Nature Valley Protein bar.
D: Chicken Tikka Massala with cauli rice & 2 poppadoms.
Pud: Blackberry & chocolate cheesecake. Though I burnt it, but it was fine.
Glad to hear the cheesecake survived. I must get round to making another one.

L - 1/3 jar of homemade pickled garlic & a couple of pears of pickled cucumber (again homemade)
D - Chicken breast stuffed with hummus on a bed of spinach

B: Lizi's high protein granola with grounded flaxseed, cinnamon and soya milk. I haven't tried this before : it's sweeter and more crunchy than the low sugar one I usually get but only has a fraction more carbs.

L: (I say lunch, but I had eaten half of it by lunchtime. My breakfast has suddenly stopped keeping me full all morning for some reason.) Three small pieces of Cathedral City mature cheddar, a Graze box with pop corn of some sort, a 9 bar and two plums.

D: Very large salad with grated Parmesan, cashew nuts, pine kernels and avocado. Greek yoghurt with dessicated coconut. Square of 81% chocolate from Lidl.

Yesterday I mainly ate rubbish with a side order of carbs!

B - slice wholemeal toast with an egg and slice of ham

L - Scotch egg and a ham and cheese toastie slice (15 grams of wasted carb in those). Don’t buy them! In a box of 2 frozen from Iceland. 3 chocolate fingers

D - Sirloin steak, large Shopska salad and half a dozen Southern fried wedges

Supper (like I needed any!) - slice of toast and a toffee.

*dont try this at home folks, I awoke to a 8.1 🙄

Margaret, your waking levels before food should ideally be 7 or under and 8.5 or under two hours after a meal.

Introduce yourself on the newbies section and people will help. Best wishes and hope you don’t need insulin. Your diet sounds ok.

Breakfast.. scrambled eggs.
Lunch.. perhaps a dozen stuffed olives in brine, red pepper houmus, a portion of pink salmon, lettuce, tomato and spring onions.
Dinner.... plaice, boiled new potatoes and broccoli..... nom nom

Today
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with prawn mayo and a lotus
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, tender stem broccoli, lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee with a teaspoon double cream 😱😛 x

Tea
B: Mushroom omelette, tinned grapefruit
L: Chicken & mayo butty on burgen, some grapes, Activia NAS yogurt
T: Italian herb & garlic chicken with carrots & fine beans & glass of white wine
Tea & sparkling water throughout the day.

Must stop eating so much onion, I'm sure that's what spiked me early afternoon, hours after breakfast. :(

Monday: Weight: 215.0 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.6@ 5.58am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
2 rashers Bacon, 2 Tomatoes, 2 Fried Eggs, 1/2 large Onion.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 8.3@ 1.02pm
Lunch:
Lg Can Tuna, 4oz Cheddar, Lg Onion, 2 Eggs Scrambled.
Pint Water
Dinner:
Can Spam, 1/2 Cabbage, Mayo.
Pint Water.
BG: 7.0@ 10.39pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back