What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @PURPLESALLY and welcome to the gang 🙂 how long have you been diagnosed? xx

19th Sept rediagnosed as type 1( week before they thought type 2) spent 3 days on an insulin pump and fluid drip in hospital came home on Tuesday. I am usually an all day fruit and veg grazer after breakfast so sticking to 3 meals a day is really difficult.

19th Sept rediagnosed as type 1( week before they thought type 2) spent 3 days on an insulin pump and fluid drip in hospital came home on Tuesday. I am usually an all day fruit and veg grazer after breakfast so sticking to 3 meals a day is really difficult.
I never used to eat breakfast or lunch, ate dinner then stuffed my face late evening so the change was hard too, once you have been diagnosed a bit longer and start your carb counting etc you wont have to eat 3 meals a day if you don't want to though, although I have stuck to it and feel better having a routine now 🙂 xx

I never used to eat breakfast or lunch, ate dinner then stuffed my face late evening so the change was hard too, once you have been diagnosed a bit longer and start your carb counting etc you wont have to eat 3 meals a day if you don't want to though, although I have stuck to it and feel better having a routine now 🙂 xx
I know just having a feel sorry for myself day. Off to the supermarket to grab some more yoghurt, berries and nuts for tea. Thanks for your encouragement.

Today
B - edam wholemeal toastie and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with prawn mayo and a lotus
T - smoked basa, yorkies, asparagus, dollop of mayo, mcvities digestive and a square lindt 90%
2 pints of water so far
Currently - cup of coffee x

B: red grapefruit peeled and eaten like an orange, 9 bar, handful of Brazil nuts

L: out and about in a posh Italian cafe selling all sorts of carby things, found mozzarella sticks on the menu which I really enjoyed. Plus a couple of my OH's fries. Overestimated the carbs to be 25g.

Intermission during matinee of "the comedy about a bank robbery" ( see it if you can, it's brilliantly funny): tub of hazelnut & caramel ice cream. Estimated at 25g carbs.

D: Persian grilled veg kebab: halloumi cheese, mushrooms, pepper, aubergines, tomato. Glass of Merlot. Estimated at 15g carbs mainly because I need to allow some for the protein and this is all guesswork!

Three posh Italian dark chocolate pralines bought in Covent Garden. Overestimated the carbs again at 25g so had three pieces of Thornton's fudge as well.

If its the Richmond Thick Pork sausages I'm not surprised your having trouble with them as 6 of them is a whopping 46.8g carbs! 😱 x
My hubby used to like them, i think they are rank, but he no longer has them doing sw😉

My hubby used to like them, i think they are rank, but he no longer has them doing sw😉
Your the same as my mum haha, she enjoys what I refer to as crap sausages (Richmond) don't see the point in eating a meat sausage if its got more filler than meat in it haha 🙂 x

B: 2 slices of buttered toast (Burgen).
L: Hot & spicy sausage from Tesco hot counter & pack of southern fried Fridge Raiders.
D: Gammon steak, egg, peas & veg chips.
Pud: 3 squares if 85% choc

Today I have made a blackberry cheesecake, though I think I've burnt it.:(

B Barley porridge with yogurt and a small piece of pomegranate
L Mixed salad with avocado and sardines
D Goat tagine, beetroot salad, tomato salad and potatoes

All the food gathered in the morning from the local souk

In Morocco singing and getting rather hot, but managing levels so far.

Tea
B: Scrambled egg on 2 x buttered burgen toast
L: In a very posh gastro pub. A G&T, Kentish blue pannacotta with tiny griddled pears followed by mussels in white wine & lardon sauce and a small piece of french bread, followed by whiskey & butterscotch parfait all helped down by a shared bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.
No tea after that lot but a cognac & tonic and later a piece of toasted burgen with pate.

Weight was going down, now seems to be going back up. I must be the only person doing low carb who doesn't lose weight effortlessly as a by product of trying to get bg level. :(

Saturday: Weight: 214.6 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.8@ 7.59am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
2 Sausages (not Richmonds), Black Pudding, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Bacon.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 6.3@ 2.01pm
Lunch:
Tuna Salad with a splodge of Mayo.
Pint Water
Dinner @ 6ish:
Tesco White Fish and Broccoli.
Pint Water.
BG: 6.7@ 6.13pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

B Barley porridge with yogurt and a small piece of pomegranate
L Mixed salad with avocado and sardines
D Goat tagine, beetroot salad, tomato salad and potatoes

All the food gathered in the morning from the local souk

In Morocco singing and getting rather hot, but managing levels so far.
Whats the barley porridge? if you don't mind me asking! xx

Tea
B: Scrambled egg on 2 x buttered burgen toast
L: In a very posh gastro pub. A G&T, Kentish blue pannacotta with tiny griddled pears followed by mussels in white wine & lardon sauce and a small piece of french bread, followed by whiskey & butterscotch parfait all helped down by a shared bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.
No tea after that lot but a cognac & tonic and later a piece of toasted burgen with pate.
Nice to see you back! 🙂 Haven't seen you around for a while x

Tea
B: Bacon butty on Burgen
L: At Prezzo - calamari with garlic mayo, Chicken carbonara al forno & a bottle of San Pellegrino
no tea but 3 crackers with cheese later
Tea & coffee during the day.

B: 3 rashers thick cut bacon, scrambles egg & 1 slice Burgen toasted
L: Aaargh! Nothing in the house! So had 1 pack pork scratchings & a Nature Valley Protein bar.
D: Chicken Tikka Massala with cauli rice & 2 poppadoms.
Pud: Blackberry & chocolate cheesecake. Though I burnt it, but it was fine.

Yesterday
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon and brown sauce on 2 slices wholemeal and a 25g bar moser roth 85%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
2 litres of water throughout the day x

B. 2 slices wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. 4 Ryvita’s 2 had Brussels’s pat’e on , 1 Apple and a Coke Zero
D. Roast pork, 4 small halve of roast potatoes, broccoli and a Coke Zero.
Before bed. 2 gingernuts
Water throughout the day.

I am mgt.Wilson sorry if I am in wrong place on forum,I have had advice prev. To get meter and check meals. I am trying to avoid insulin (pancreatitis) I foll. M Davey's advice. My readings after two hrs. Average between 8.7 up to 11 folk. Low carb. Odd treat. Eg break. Boiled egg burgen slice. Lunch celery soup,corned beef SL. Burgen late pm 2 tea bis. Dinner fish salasd Greek yog.rssp.1sq dark choc. R these nos. Okay. I do apologise but I am not up to scratch with tech. Sorry these figured I have given are for after my dinner. My fasting ones r between 6.5 and 8.2 sory for rambling maybe u could tel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back