What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally new to this so forgive my ignorance. What is Burgen, I assume a type of bread' and is it easy to buy? I am trying to sort out in my totally fuddled brain at the moment after the shock of my diagnosis what I can or cannot eat and it is stressing the hell out of me.

Tea (very early)
Milky coffee
B: Sardines on Hovis low carb wholemeal toast & a banana
L: Vegetable & beef soup, raspberries & Activia NAS yogurt
T: Mushroom, ham & cheese omelette and 3 of us shared a portion of chips
Tea & sparkling water during the day

I am totally new to this so forgive my ignorance. What is Burgen, I assume a type of bread' and is it easy to buy? I am trying to sort out in my totally fuddled brain at the moment after the shock of my diagnosis what I can or cannot eat and it is stressing the hell out of me.
Yes, Burgen is bread which is quite low in carbs and high in fibre. I can get it in Tesco & Co-op.
Try not to get too stressed about the food.
I've just bought a Good Food book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Food-Low-Carb-Everyday-Goodfood/dp/1849906254 with some nice recipes in. A book like that might help you.

B: Tinned mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: Home made veg soup & a low GI roll
D: Meatballs in ratatouille
Pud: Blackberry & choc cheesecake.

Today
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee with double cream
D - wholemeal roll with shredded ham and mayo and a lotus biscuit
T - pork loin steak, charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square lindt 90%
Currently - cup of coffee with double cream x

Did you run out of tender stem broccoli, @Kaylz? Or did you fancy a change? :D

Did you run out of tender stem broccoli, @Kaylz? Or did you fancy a change? :D
Haha, its usually alternative days but had the mince yesterday (usually have it on Wednesday) as there was nobody at home to get the pork in the oven yesterday! lol x

My tum isn't going down, will give the low-carb until the end of the month then if it doesn't go down I'll have to resort to SlimFast. On the other hand the Atkins magic has worked and I'm in ketosis hence not hungry. :(

Tuesday: Weight: 214.8 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.3@ 6.41am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
Lg Can Tuna, 4oz Cheddar, 1/2 large Onion, Mushrooms.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 6.1@ 2.24pm
Lunch:
Carton Eden Vale Cottage Cheese (Got low-fat by mistake, yuck).
Pint Water
Dinner:
Cheesy Cauli Broccoli, Lg Can Salmon, 1/2 large Onion, Mayo (the cheesy cauli dish was processed food, pre-prepared cook in oven and made me gain weight agh)
Pint Water.
BG: (Got into bed to read, couldn't bring myself to get back out to measure)!
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

B. 3 slices wholemeal bread , 2 had peanut butter and a large coffee
L. 4 Ryvita’s 2 had some cheese an apple , a tangerine and a coffee
D. Cant remember 😱
Water throughout the day

Although I listed what I ate in my 'Day Of Testing' thread, I will still list it her.

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin (testing guaranteed this wa OK)
L: Home made veg soup with Lidl low GI roll (testing proved this was a no no. After much research, it was the roll that was the issue)
D: Chicken & bacon casserole, consisting of sweet potato, butternut squash, turnip & carrots (testing guaranteed that this was ok)
Pud: Last slice of blackberry & choc cheesecake.

Milky coffee
B: Chia pudding mixed with SF banana milkshake mix then some scrambled eggs
Came home from work at 11am cos I wasn't feeling well so all I've had since then is some NAS digestive biscuits and 2 cups of tea.

I had a piece of Hovis low carb wholemeal toast later so I could take my metformin

Milky coffee
B: Chia pudding mixed with SF banana milkshake mix then some scrambled eggs
Came home from work at 11am cos I wasn't feeling well so all I've had since then is some NAS digestive biscuits and 2 cups of tea.

I had a piece of Hovis low carb wholemeal toast later so I could take my metformin
Hope your feeling better soon! X

I've got to stop using Atkins as an excuse to pig out. I fancy giving Weight Watchers ready meals a go, what do you think?

Wednesday: Weight: 215.2 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 6.8@ 6.38am
Breakfast:
Ham, Scrambled Eggs, Tomato, Onion, Mushrooms. (Far too much, I'm so greedy, this is maintenance my friend on the Atkins page says!)
Snack: Quarter Yorkshire Ham (going round Tesco, as if I could be hungry after that breakfast!!!)
Lunch:
Tuna Box Salad with portion of potato salad (Not Atkins...didn't realise it had potato salad but I luv it so was secretly glad).
Pint Water
BG: 7.8@ 3.45pm
Snack: Punnet of Strawberries and a Carton of Single Cream (sigh, I can't have just some of the cream, I have to empty the carton)
Dinner:
Small Salted Tomato and a Carton of Eden Vale Cottage Cheese.
Pint Water.
BG: 6.6@ 10.36pm
~~~

Must stop eating so much onion, I'm sure that's what spiked me early afternoon, hours after breakfast. :(

Monday: Weight: 215.0 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.6@ 5.58am
Breakfast:
2 rashers Bacon, 2 Tomatoes, 2 Fried Eggs, 1/2 large Onion.
BG: 8.3@ 1.02pm
Lunch:
Lg Can Tuna, 4oz Cheddar, Lg Onion, 2 Eggs Scrambled.
Pint Water
Dinner:
Can Spam, 1/2 Cabbage, Mayo.
Pint Water.
BG: 7.0@ 10.39pm
~~~
I must be missing something but I can't see a spike here?

B: experimenting with trying to find a breakfast which doesn't leave me hungry at 10:30 am. It might be an impossible quest as that's nearly four hours after breakfast and my cycle to work.
Lidl high protein roll toasted with butter and marmite on one half and crunchy peanut butter on the other.

L: Graze box, 9 bar, 3 pieces of cheddar

Pm snack: 2 plums

D: a weird one as I was at a meeting where someone was leaving and everyone brought goodies to share. I lost track of what I ate but it included several pieces of cheese and a fair amount of crudités plus three or four falafels and a small home made cookie.
Got home and realised I had a pack of mangetout in the fridge that would not keep so sautéed them in butter with garlic, cashews and flaked almonds.

B: experimenting with trying to find a breakfast which doesn't leave me hungry at 10:30 am. It might be an impossible quest as that's nearly four hours after breakfast and my cycle to work.
Lidl high protein roll toasted with butter and marmite on one half and crunchy peanut butter on the other.

L: Graze box, 9 bar, 3 pieces of cheddar

Pm snack: 2 plums

D: a weird one as I was at a meeting where someone was leaving and everyone brought goodies to share. I lost track of what I ate but it included several pieces of cheese and a fair amount of crudités plus three or four falafels and a small home made cookie.
Got home and realised I had a pack of mangetout in the fridge that would not keep so sautéed them in butter with garlic, cashews and flaked almonds.
I notice you like your plums, how much carb do you estimate a plum to be I know it depends on size but wondered if you could help me? and btw your D sounds delicious! I used to love mangetout and I also love garlic, cashews and almonds although I think my favourite nut has to be pecans! LOL x

I notice you like your plums, how much carb do you estimate a plum to be I know it depends on size but wondered if you could help me? and btw your D sounds delicious! I used to love mangetout and I also love garlic, cashews and almonds although I think my favourite nut has to be pecans! LOL x
These plums have the carbs on the label: 8.8g per 100g and two of them is not far off 100g. Actually I ordered apricots which I prefer but Sainsbury's keep sending plums instead!
I'm with you on Pecans, they are delicious.

L - 3 mini chicken Empanadas from the local store, later found out that I'd bought them moments before the place was shut down by the county for a "rodent infestation".... Gotta be kidding😡 pretty much every house here will have a rodent infestation this winter; good news that it's a sign of a good snow winter, the nights are already below freezing & will be constantly for the next 6 months.
D - 5 spice chicken with sesame-orange green beans..... our portions are usually adequate (long gone are the days when I cooked large meals which could feed an army) but it got stretched very thin when the wife invited 2 of our friends over for dinner & didn't bother telling me that we were having one guest until later in the afternoon, the other guest (a neighbor) was invited just before I started cooking yesterday evening😱

Tea
B: 2 boiled eggs
L: Hovis low carb white toast
T: Slow cooked gammon & vegetable bake
Tea & water throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back