What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizi's granola, Swiss style muesli and ground flaxseed with soya milk (weighed so total 20g carbs)

Three pieces of cheddar, Graze box, 9 bar, two apricots

Another Graze box ( the one with mini bread sticks and peanut butter), some Brazils

Large salad: Romaine, celery, grated carrot, sliced courgette, orange pepper, fresh basil, ginger, cucumber, baby tomatoes, green lentils, pine kernels, olive oil and lemon juice. Rhubarb yoghurt. Square of 81% dark chocolate.

I also drink about 5 or 6 mugs of tea per day but I never think to mention it!

B: 2 rashers of bacon, 2 large mushrooms, scrambled egg & 1 slice toast (burgen)
L: Scotch egg & salted caramel protein bar
D: Beef mince with diced swede, turnip, carrot & peas.
Pud: 4 squares 85% choc
BG before dinner: 4.9, BG 2 hrs after: 5.1🙂.

I want your bg readings Mark, well done on getting a handle on your levels. Mine are in the 7s today, I'd rather they were in the 5s. Reading what you eat I'd think your levels would go up! Is it because you have small portions? 🙂

Wednesday: Weight: 217.2 Tum 50 (flipping seesaw)
BG: 6.8@ 5.48am
Pint Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, large can Tuna, 1/4 Onion.
Pint Water with Aspirin and Meds
BG: 6.8@ 11.56am
Lunch:
6 Sausages, 2 Tomatoes, lg Onion, Cup Mushrooms baked altogether in the oven.
Pint Water
Dinner @ 6ish:
3 Lamb Chops, Scrambled Eggs (too much protein, but I forgot to buy veggies!)
Pint Water.
BG: 6.4@ 5.38pm
Supper: Lg can Tuna with half an Onion (had a horrible, greedy 'wanting to eat' day...realised after I forgot to listen to PaulMcKenna!) :(
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
BG: 7.0@9.21pm
~~~

My portion sizes aren't that small. Well, they don't seem so to me. I was surprised at my results for that meal too.

B. 3 slices wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee
L. 1 apple.
D. A few chips, 2 fish fingers , baked beans and a Coke Zero.
Before bed 1 chocolate gingernut.

I want your bg readings Mark, well done on getting a handle on your levels. Mine are in the 7s today, I'd rather they were in the 5s. Reading what you eat I'd think your levels would go up! Is it because you have small portions? 🙂

Wednesday: Weight: 217.2 Tum 50 (flipping seesaw)
BG: 6.8@ 5.48am
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, large can Tuna, 1/4 Onion.
BG: 6.8@ 11.56am
Lunch:
6 Sausages, 2 Tomatoes, lg Onion, Cup Mushrooms baked altogether in the oven.
Pint Water
Dinner @ 6ish:
3 Lamb Chops, Scrambled Eggs (too much protein, but I forgot to buy veggies!)
Pint Water.
BG: 6.4@ 5.38pm
Supper: Lg can Tuna with half an Onion (had a horrible, greedy 'wanting to eat' day...realised after I forgot to listen to PaulMcKenna!) :(
BG: 7.0@9.21pm
~~~
I have big meals, loads of food lol my bg yesterday was 4.8 2 hrs later 5.00 :D everytime have tested lately always been between 4.6-5.5

B: Bacon & cheese omelette
L: Turkey salad sarnie on Burgen
D: Roast chicken with cauli, peas, carrots & 3 roast potatoes
Pud: Something my brother concocted. Choc muffin topped with choc blancmange, butterscotch angel delight, cream & a crumbled flake.😱
Ending the evening on only an 8.5 surprised me.

Yesterday
B - wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - prawn mayo in a wholemeal roll and a lotus biscuit
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints water throughout the day
Bedtime - lotus biscuit x

I have big meals, loads of food lol my bg yesterday was 4.8 2 hrs later 5.00 :D everytime have tested lately always been between 4.6-5.5
I'm blaming the sossies Goosey. Also, I read higher on a Codefree. Excuses, excuses... 😉

Thursday: Weight: 215.2 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.8@ 6.36am
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, large can Tuna.
BG: 7.6@ 1.13pm
Lunch:
6 Sausages, lg Onion, Mushrooms baked altogether in the oven.
Pint Water
Dinner @ 6ish:
3 Lamb Chops.
Pint Water.
BG: 8.2@ 8.40pm

~~~

I'm blaming the sossies
If its the Richmond Thick Pork sausages I'm not surprised your having trouble with them as 6 of them is a whopping 46.8g carbs! 😱 x

B: very small banana mashed with ground flaxseeds soaked in soya milk with cinnamon. Topped up to 20g carbs with the addition of a sprinkle of Lizi's granola.

L: Graze box (cashews, chick peas) and a new bar I found in Aldi: dark chocolate flavour coated peanut butter bars. Despite having honey and rice syrup they are only 8.3g carbs in a 40g bar. Nice and nutty and chocolatey.

Afternoon: two apricots, raisin box

D: huge salad (same as Tuesday) with a Mozzarella and pesto quorn escalope. Pre-soaked prunes and creme fraiche

Today
B -wholemeal edam toastie and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with shredded ham and mayo and a lotus
T - pork loin steak, charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee x

Newly diagnosed type 1 and really jealous of all your eating while maintaining BG readings. I am being really good I thought but my readings remain in the teens.
Today ate
B - Yoghurt and blueberries
L - Tinned Mackerel in tom sauce and 2 pumpkin ryvita's
D - 2 Sausages, tablespoon of mash and peas ( I know mash isn't great but feeling a real failure)

Newly diagnosed type 1 and really jealous of all your eating while maintaining BG readings. I am being really good I thought but my readings remain in the teens.
Today ate
D - 2 Sausages, tablespoon of mash and peas ( I know mash isn't great but feeling a real failure)
Don't beat yourself up, as you are newly diagnosed your doses will probably need adjusting to bring your levels down gradually. Have you been taught carb counting yet or is it early days?

Reactions: Ljc
B: Slice of buttered toast (Burgen)
L: Hot dog!😱 Had no choice, was at Antiques Fair & everything came with bread. Good quality Lincolnshire sausage though.
D: Chicken in a creamy cheesy sauce & cauli rice.
Pud: 3 squares 85% choc.

Today ate
Hi @PURPLESALLY. You’re not a failure!!! As you’re newly diagnosed it’s more than likely they haven’t got your insulin doses right yet.
I think you need to phone your DSN to let them know what’s happening so your doses can be adjusted.
Are you booked in for a DAPHNE course ?

PurpleSally don't stress, it's early days, you'll soon get a handle on it. Stress makes things worse. Step away from the mash! 🙂 Mind you, I thought Type 1s could have everything if they just allowed for it?

Friday: Weight: 214.4 Tum 49 1/2
BG: 7.1@ 6.24am
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, 6 Richmonds Sausages.
BG: 8.6@ 11.34pm
Lunch:
A small Roast Pork joint with scrummy crackling (I didn't have the 2 boxes McMillans cakes/biscuits, chappatis and Indian food I bought at the bakesale. Go me).
Pint Water
Dinner @ 8ish:
3 Tomatoes with salt on, carton Eden Vale Cottage Cheese. (I never have salt usually but just felt like salted tomatoes mmmm - ate late due to not hungry all day, yay ketosis!)
Pint Water.
BG: 8.5@ 8.04pm
~~~

Mind you, I thought Type 1s could have everything if they just allowed for it?
Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that :( x

Hi @PURPLESALLY and welcome to the gang 🙂 how long have you been diagnosed? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back