What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been entering menus because I've gone off the rails big time. Really stupid. Must gird my loins and enter menus even if they're dire. Tell the truth and shame the devil I say. Yesterday was a bonkers day despite PaulMcKenna virtual gastric band. I ate far too much but was totally bloated and uncomfortable. Trouble was as soon as I deflated a bit I ate more. 🙂

Monday: Weight: 218.8 Tum <50
BG: 6.9@ 7.34am
Pint of Water with teaspoonful of Normacol fibre.
Breakfast:
Chocolate SlimFast shake.
Pint Water with Aspirin & Meds
Lunch:
Carton Eden Vale Cottage Cheese with two slices thick Hovis and Anchor butter.
Coffee with a dash of whole milk.
Snack 1:
2 slices of Warburtons Toastie Loaf toasted with Kerrygold spread on thickly.
Snack 2:
A Latte when I was visiting, it was very sweet, goodness knows what it did to my bg. :(
Dinner:
Slice of Cheese on two slices thick Hovis and Anchor butter.
Some Water forgot Levothyroxine.
Supper:
Huge bowl (double helping) Rice Krispies with lashings of whole milk. Felt quite ill afterwards and had a bad night.
No measuring of bg after first thing, total denial.
~~~

Last edited:
B: Faye Full Greek Yoghurt - 4 slices of ryebread
D: Mixed salad with tomatoes and boiled egg
L: Mixed salad with tomatoes, baked peeper with caper sauce in extra virgin olive oil(see photo), Brique du Forez cheese

I wanted to show the plate too...

Attachments

• 20170918_204258.jpg
    20170918_204258.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5
Not been entering menus because I've gone off the rails big time. Really stupid. Must gird my loins and enter menus even if they're dire. Tell the truth and shame the devil I say. Yesterday was a bonkers day despite PaulMcKenna virtual gastric band. I ate far too much but was totally bloated and uncomfortable. Trouble was as soon as I deflated a bit I ate more. 🙂

Monday: Weight: 218.8 Tum <50
BG: 6.9@ 7.34am
Breakfast:
Chocolate SlimFast shake.
Lunch:
Carton Eden Vale Cottage Cheese with two slices thick Hovis and Anchor butter.
Coffee with a dash of whole milk.
Snack 1:
2 slices of Warburtons Toastie Loaf toasted with Kerrygold spread on thickly.
Snack 2:
A Latte when I was visiting, it was very sweet, goodness knows what it did to my bg. :(
Dinner:
Slice of Cheese on two slices thick Hovis and Anchor butter.
Some Water forgot Levothyroxine.
Supper:
Huge bowl (double helping) Rice Krispies with lashings of whole milk. Felt quite ill afterwards and had a bad night.
No measuring of bg after first thing, total denial.
~~~
Oh Ditto sorry you've fallen off the wagon but don't give up hun ~ stick with Paul as long as you can ~ maybe return to Atkins too ~ tomorrow's another day ~ start it as you mean to go on, with a positive mind, take care xx

B: Faye Full Greek Yoghurt - 4 slices of ryebread
D: Mixed salad with tomatoes and boiled egg
L: Mixed salad with tomatoes, baked peeper with caper sauce in extra virgin olive oil(see photo), Brique du Forez cheese

I wanted to show the plate too...
I like your days menu ~ evening meal looks tasty too Mike :D😛 x

B: nothing. Doing a basal test. :-(

L: Graze box (pecans, almonds &cranberries) 9 bar, 2 small pieces of cheese

Afternoon snack: two apricots

Snack while waiting for dinner: bag of beetroot crisps

D: Crustless cheese & tomato quiche and bistro salad with carrot, pepper, celery, cucumber, basil, ginger, pine nuts, and baby tomatoes marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Followed by strawberries and half a banana with creme fraiche. Square of Lidl 81% dark chocolate.

I've been trying to break through the carb addiction but it's hard going despite much help from MrMcKenna. I'm managing to do porridge and one SlimFast meal but need to replace both lunch and dinner with SlimFast to lose any weight and get my bg in a nice even line.

Tuesday: Weight: 216.2 Tum 50
BG: 7.6@ 9.53am
Breakfast:
Giant bowl Porridge (100grams oats as needed to flush out bad cholesterol according to the documentary)
BG: 6.2@ 1.35pm
Lunch:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake.
Pint Water
BG: 6.5@ 4.56pm
Dinner:
Fried Eggs (2) and Cheese on at least 4 if not 5 thick Hovis toasted and slathered with Anchor. :confused:
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
Pint Water through the night, having trouble getting it down, it's Paul's fault!
BG: 6.3@ 9.44pm
~~~

100grams oats
😱 That's like 60g carbs!
Today
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam, butter with cayenne pepper mixed in and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - prawn mayo wholemeal roll and a lotus biscuit (think I've become addicted to prawns! 🙂)
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee :D x

😱 That's like 60g carbs!
Today
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam, butter with cayenne pepper mixed in and a cup of coffee
D - prawn mayo wholemeal roll and a lotus biscuit (think I've become addicted to prawns! 🙂)
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee :D x
Wow K thats a good days menu ~ will you be having a wee snack before bedtime too? Prawns ~ I've not had them for a while ~ you've given me food for thought ~ must check the freezer, I think there's a packet hiding in there somewhere! x

will you be having a wee snack before bedtime too?
depends what my bg is at bedtime as I'm not injecting for anything yet, too tired to stay up to see how it goes x

I've been trying to break through the carb addiction but it's hard going despite much help from MrMcKenna. I'm managing to do porridge and one SlimFast meal but need to replace both lunch and dinner with SlimFast to lose any weight and get my bg in a nice even line.

Tuesday: Weight: 216.2 Tum 50
BG: 7.6@ 9.53am
Breakfast:
Giant bowl Porridge (100grams oats as needed to flush out bad cholesterol according to the documentary)
BG: 6.2@ 1.35pm
Lunch:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake.
Pint Water
BG: 6.5@ 4.56pm
Dinner:
Fried Eggs (2) and Cheese on at least 4 if not 5 thick Hovis toasted and slathered with Anchor. :confused:
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
Pint Water through the night, having trouble getting it down, it's Paul's fault!
BG: 6.3@ 9.44pm
~~~
Your bgs are pretty much in range most of the time Ditto so that's good ~ you could cut the crusts off the slices of bread to make a small reduction in the carbs you're consuming ~ every little helps, I always cut the crusts off. Are you managing to take walks after your meals however short ~ walking is essential as part of our endeavour to lose weight and to reduce our bgls. Carry on blaming Mr McKenna, sounds like he's slowly getting the message through to you :DGood luck xx

B: had to abandon basal test as took wrong meter to work, so Nature Valley salted caramel bar and small pack of seeds and nuts when I got to work.

L: graze box with spicy roasted butter beans and peanuts, 9 bar, 3 small pieces of cheese.

Afternoon: apple, raisin box to fend off impending hypo

D: handful of cashew nuts, warmed up Indian leftovers: cauliflower bhaji and Tarka Dahl with green beans. Greek yoghurt with summer fruits. Square of 81% dark chocolate.

B: 1 slice Burgen toasted with scrambled egg
L: 1 pack of spicy tomato lental snacks (10g carb) & a Nature Valley Salted Caramel Protein bar
L2: Still hungry so had a tin of tuna with mayo & mustard
D: Gammon ham, 2 eggs, peas & Aunt Bessie's vegetable chips.
Pud: Low carb choc & blackberry dessert (home made)

Today
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam and a cup of coffee
D - prawn mayo with cayenne pepper in a wholemeal roll and a lotus biscuit
T - oven baked smoked basa, 2 yorkies, asparagus, dollop of mayo, mcvities digestive and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee x

B: 1 slice Burgen toasted with butter.
L: Tuna low GI roll
D: sausages & squash mash.

B: two small Burgen toast, one with crunchy wholenut peanut butter and the other marmite
L: Graze box with chilli and lime cashews, garlic sesame sticks, and spicy chickpeas; a 9 bar and 2 pieces of cheese
Afternoon snack: apple
D: Friday night is takeaway, yay! Half a portion of each of Chana sag (chick peas and spinach), cauliflower bhaji and mushroom bhaji, two poppadums, half a bottle of wine, raspberries and crime fraiche. 3 dark chocolate Lindors.

Today
B - wholemeal and edam toastie with cayenne butter and a cup of coffee
D - bacon and brown sauce wholemeal sandwich and a 25g bar moser roth 85%
T - 3 pork sausagese, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and 1 square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee x

For breakfast yesterday I had a small bowl of kellogs cornflakes with skimmed milk. for lunch I had a two slices of my homemade granery bread ( 1 slice buttered) with one slice of ham + a small choc tea cake. For dinner I had small portion of homemade chilli ( onions minced steak, mixed peppers, chopped tomatoes and chilli powder in a little olive oil) very small portion of white long grain rice. glass of water.
500mg metformin with evening meal.

Last edited:
B: Lidl roll, quorn sausage Pattie, two poached eggs, small portion of baked beans. Two apricots.
Snack: sweet & salty popcorn
D: pizza made on a low carb tortilla with tomato purée, garlic, onion, mushrooms, red and green pepper, courgette and mature cheddar, with a bistro salad with added cucumber and baby tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice. Strawberries & raspberries with creme fraiche. Three dark chocolate Lindor truffles.

Breakfast : 3 Weetabix, almond milk
Lunch : Buttered whole meal baguette with roast chicken and tons of salad, cup of tea and a scone ‘lid’
Dinner : Mezze rigatoni pasta with fennel purée and cream sauce with Italian sausage and Parmesan, some rosemary sourdough focaccia, and a pint of Moretti (not a usual dinner, we went out to eat :D )

B: Sausage & bacon sarnie on Morrison's protein bread
L: Had breakfast late so just had a 9 bar.
D: Roast chicken & stuffing with peas, carrots, sugar snap peas & brocolli.
Pud: 1 choc/peanut butter cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back