Not open for further replies.
Bad day yesterday...... Went to the farmers market
S - Various samples from the vendor stalls
L - 3 mini Empanadas
S - 1/2 jar of pickled garlic which I picked up at the market
D - chicken breast

Toast for breakfast.

Some fruit and yoghurt for lunch.

Tried some cauliflower rice in a rissoto recipe I got off the internet. Tasted quite bland. Are there any recipes for this ingredient that has a strong flavour to them? An acquired taste, I suspect. Not quite caught the bug yet. Are there any recipes to lure me...?

Tea
B: Small banana & mullerlight Greek NAS yogurt, 2 boiled eggs
S: Apple
L: Chicken butty on Tesco finest pumpkin & sunflower seed bread, 6 strawberries, & a Light & Free yogurt
S: A few pork scratchings
T: Chicken chassuer & a small amount of wholewheat pasta. 2 small glasses of vin rouge.
Tea & a bottle of sparkling water during the day.

B. My usual 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. 4 Ryvita's 2had some hummus on, 1 apple and some sparkling water .
D. Rump steak, fried onions and 6 chips, sadly I'd forgotten to buy mushrooms.
Before bed. 1 gingernut .
Water throughout the day.

Yesterday.
B: Ham & cheese 3 egg omelette.
L: Chicken tikka & tomato sandwich (on Burgen)
D: Beef Stir Fry

You can get lotus biscuits in pound land @Ditto🙂
On Atkins Induction if I had four I'd have had my carbs for the day! :D

Tea x 2 cos I was up before 4am o_O
B: A few bits of tinned grapefruit
11am: Bacon & egg butty
Late lunch: Chicken salad & Light & Free yougurt
T: Kheema curry & 1 tbsp basmati rice & coke zero
Tea during the day & a milky coffee

Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices Edam and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with shredded ham and some Greek Style yoghurt
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints of water throughout the day
10pm - lotus biscuit and half a pint of water x

B: 9 bar (on offer at Tesco at the moment).
L: Ham, cheese & tomato toastie (Hovis Lower Carb Wholemeal)
D: Chicken in a mushroom sauce with rice (small portion)
Pud: Pears & ice cream.

B: 9 bar (on offer at Tesco at the moment).
L: Ham, cheese & tomato toastie (Hovis Lower Carb Wholemeal)
D: Chicken in a mushroom sauce with rice (small portion)
Pud: Pears & ice cream.
Hi why are you eating bread, rice and ice cream? Only asking as I trying to understand the diets people are having. Did the doctor diagnose your condition early?

Hi why are you eating bread, rice and ice cream? Only asking as I trying to understand the diets people are having. Did the doctor diagnose your condition early?
It was my day off.🙂 The bread is low carb & has no effect on my blood sugar. Rice I rarely have, though a small portion has no effect on my blood sugar. The pears & ice cream was very naughty though.:D I have managed to lose 4 stone since diagnosis & stuck to a strict low carb diet for 18 months which has improved my insulin resistance. I find now that the odd treat is acceptable and has little effect on me at all. Am expecting to be taken off the diabetic register in October if all goes well.🙂

B: Scrambled egg on toast (Burgen)
L: Handful of peanuts & a Nature Valley protein bar
D: Home made doner kebab (no pitta). Made own doner meat which was partially successful.🙂

B coconut yogurt with few berries
L salad rainbow colours with seeds, humous and falafel
Snack. one nine bar plus taste of daughters cake.
S Cauli rice, kale and leafy greens from garden, butter beans is tomato sauce,
6 pieces of 85% chocolate
Plus coffee, herbal tea and water.
Soya choc bar at bedtime due to small hypo after long walk.

Yes but I take my grit first thing and feel that the tablet would get flushed out too quickly! It's a quandary. My idea is eat at 5 and then don't eat again before going to bed and take the tablet last thing on a by then empty stomach. Hardly ever works as I'm usually pigging to the last. 😱
I didn't think Normacol did that. Isn't it like fibre, ie designed to regulate rather than "flush everything out"?

Yesterday was a bit strange.
Breakfast was normal: mashed small banana with chia seeds and soya milk and a sprinkle of Lizi's granola (I will be very glad to finish the pack of chia seeds and go back to flax. I got them in Lidl as a change but don't really like them).

As I was on a half day at work and wanted to go for a swim on the way home, I ate my lunch very early: graze box, 9 bar.

Just before swim as level was a bit on the low side after cycling there: Alpen light bar, cherry bakewell flavour

Snack as wasn't sure I would get dinner: two handfuls walnuts and an apple

Dinner eaten standing up outside the concert venue: pot of edamames and bag of coconut chips from Pret

Interval treat: Losely strawberry ice cream tub. Yum.

I was naughty yesterday 😳
Tea
B: Hovis low carb white toasted with butter
Brunch: (This is bad) Breakfast in a diner - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausages, beans, tinned toms, chips 😳:sorry: & fried white bread 😳:sorry: with tea.
T: Thai green chicken with tenderstem broccoli & a G&T
Lots of water and another tea during the day

It was my day off.🙂 The bread is low carb & has no effect on my blood sugar. Rice I rarely have, though a small portion has no effect on my blood sugar. The pears & ice cream was very naughty though.:D I have managed to lose 4 stone since diagnosis & stuck to a strict low carb diet for 18 months which has improved my insulin resistance. I find now that the odd treat is acceptable and has little effect on me at all. Am expecting to be taken off the diabetic register in October if all goes well.🙂
That's brilliant well done and good luck. I lost 4 stone since May this year and hoping the same outcome in two weeks time. Blood sugars under control for past 3 weeks.

Sunday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam and a cup of coffee
D - 2 slices wholemeal bread, smoked streaky bacon, brown sauce and a bar moser roth 85%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints water throughout the day
Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices maasdam and a cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with sliced topside, Dijon mustard and Tesco greek style yoghurt
T - parmesan chicken, 2 yorkies, broccoli, mayo and 2 lotus
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints water throughout the day x

Yesterday was a bit strange.
Breakfast was normal: mashed small banana with chia seeds and soya milk and a sprinkle of Lizi's granola (I will be very glad to finish the pack of chia seeds and go back to flax. I got them in Lidl as a change but don't really like them).

As I was on a half day at work and wanted to go for a swim on the way home, I ate my lunch very early: graze box, 9 bar.

Just before swim as level was a bit on the low side after cycling there: Alpen light bar, cherry bakewell flavour

Snack as wasn't sure I would get dinner: two handfuls walnuts and an apple

Dinner eaten standing up outside the concert venue: pot of edamames and bag of coconut chips from Pret

Interval treat: Losely strawberry ice cream tub. Yum.
Love all your food! I do like chia seeds but always soak them in almond milk.

Menu for 26th August 2017. Lyndene Hotel, Blackpool, five course meals!

Starter: Fruit Cocktail.
Mushroom Soup with a buttered bun.
Main: Lamb Henry with roast potatoes, parsley potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, gravy.
Dessert: Jelly and Cream (fabulous jelly, you had to 'cut' it with the side of the spoon, perfect). :D
Coffee and a dark chocolate.

Food like this and my bg stayed in 7.0 range. Came home, ate Warburtons bread, bg shot up! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back