What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday: Weight: 5.8 Tum 49
BG: 5.8 @ 7.18am (Codefree's on the fritz, no way was I that low unless I spiked really high and then dropped) :(
Pint Water & tsp Normacol
Breakfast:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake.
Pint Water with Aspirin & meds
BG: 6.1 @ 11.55am
Lunch:
Strawberry SlimFast Shake.
Bottle Water.
Not enough water, if pigging I can't drink...just can't get the water down.
Dinner:
Party/buffet food ie at least 3 butties made with thick wholemeal bread slathered in butter with cold cuts and coleslaw, then a balm cake with roast beef and coleslaw. Birthday cake with thick chocolate icing and I ran my finger round the edge to eat all the frosting of another cake 😱 so sweet! Half a 'snowball' choccy thing. I luvs buffet food. I don't even like sweet food! :(
BG: 5.9 @ 12.15pm

Hi Ditto,

You asked me on my 'My BG's - Feedback' post that it would be a better idea to post my BG's along with food that I've eaten. Please can I ask you if your BG's that you post are before or after your meals or both?

I might give it a go but I know that I don't eat very healthily. I usually have 2 slow cooker casseroles a week with meat and veg in but the rest are a lot of processed foods. If I eat vegetables it's always frozen vegetables then with salad apart from cherry or plum tomatoes it seems to run away from me lol. I have ulcerative colitis so I think that a lot of foods affect it so I avoid them

Here you go I'll give it a go for yesterday 18/8/2017
Cup of tea on waking

BG: 8.8 @ 09:21am
Breakfast:
5.0 CPs / 50g carbs
Tumbler of fresh orange juice
Toast with butter 2 rounds

BG: 5.5 @ 14:23pm
Lunch:
7.6 CPs / 76g carbs
Oven bottom muffin with chicken paste on
Heinz vegetable soup 400gm can
Choc ice

BG: 7.9 @ 19:23pm
Dinner:
7.3 CPs / 73g carbs
Bisto cottage pie
Bread and butter 1 round
Choc ice

During the evening: / 13g carbs
1.3 CPs
Packet of Walkers wotsits
Cider mixed with diet pepsi to make it last longer 1 glass

BG: 8.4 @ 22:59pm
Supper:
4.4 CPs / 44g carbs
1 packet of jacobs mini cheddars

The BG's are before each meal so I've not included any after meal BG's

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly goosey - I always drink 200mls water about 20mins prior to eating - my portion size meal is drastically reduced when serving up because I dont feel as hungry by then.
oh i still eat loads :D but right stuff but the more i drink the more weight i seem to loseo_O

Hi Ditto,

You asked me on my 'My BG's - Feedback' post that it would be a better idea to post my BG's along with food that I've eaten. Please can I ask you if your BG's that you post are before or after your meals or both?

I might give it a go but I know that I don't eat very healthily. I usually have 2 slow cooker casseroles a week with meat and veg in but the rest are a lot of processed foods. If I eat vegetables it's always frozen vegetables then with salad apart from cherry or plum tomatoes it seems to run away from me lol. I have ulcerative colitis so I think that a lot of foods affect it so I avoid them

Here you go I'll give it a go for yesterday 18/8/2017
Cup of tea on waking

BG: 8.8 @ 09:21am
Breakfast:
5.0 CPs / 50g carbs

BG: 5.5 @ 14:23pm
Lunch:
7.6 CPs / 76g carbs
Heinz vegetable soup 400gm can
Choc ice

BG: 7.9 @ 19:23pm
Dinner:
7.3 CPs / 73g carbs
Bisto cottage pie
Bread and butter 1 round
Choc ice

During the evening: / 13g carbs
1.3 CPs
Packet of Walkers wotsits
Cider mixed with diet pepsi to make it last longer 1 glass

BG: 8.4 @ 22:59pm
Supper:
4.4 CPs / 44g carbs
1 packet of jacobs mini cheddars

Hate to say i but you have more bread/potatos in a day than i have in a week😱

Good to hear you're progressing with Paul Ditto - rub your arms & stuff? Whats this all about? Anything to do with a new moisturising cream?:D:D:D
There's two CDs, one is the installation of the virtual gastric band and I've just realised I think that's why I'm having trouble with getting my water down! I've been hypnotised into this smaller tum and I feel overwhelmed at the volume of water! 🙂 It works. On the other hand I'm still pigging out but I feel sooooooo uncomfortable doing it. Must stop.

The other CD is an exercise that you're supposed to do everyday, I'm not into it yet, the disc is at daughters but I will get her to play it for me today and try the exercise again. It's like that thing where you have an elastic band on your wrist and you ping it if you need help! :D

Hi Ditto,

You asked me on my 'My BG's - Feedback' post that it would be a better idea to post my BG's along with food that I've eaten. Please can I ask you if your BG's that you post are before or after your meals or both? The BG's are before each meal so I've not included any after meal BG's

As a basic I take my bg on getting up and always last thing before bed. Then I try for just before meals and if I'm being vigilant I'd measure an hour after a meal and if I was testing a food, ie having it for the first time, I'd measure an hour after and then another hour after that. You use up a lot of strips though that cost a lot so I normally just try for the 3 times a day at the very least. If I ate your diet I'd be in double figures constantly but being Type 1 you can have lots of food that Type 2's can't have I feel. Orange juice! 😱 Heinz veg soup!!! Couldn't have that even before the diabetes, it would crease me up with indigestion. :D

Glad you're posting here, it's so interesting and informative to read other people's menus.

Saturday: Weight: 15 7.8 Tum 49 1/2 A VERY BAD DAY! 😱
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs made with Anchor butter, Can Spam, small Can Corn with black pepper over in the early hours of the morning, insomnia.
BG: 7.1 @ 10.33am
Pt Water with spoonful Normacol (fibre)
Lunch:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake
Snack: SlimFast Caramel snackbar going round the shops.
Snack: Tin Roasted Peanuts and Cashews stood at the bus-stop, there's no hope for me, didn't even share it with the pigeons, there weren't any about.
Dinner:
3 lg Eggs scrambled with Anchor, a whole wheel of Camembert well a tiddy bit cut out for Mum to have a taste.
BG: 6.5 @ 7.17pm
Snack: Tin Roasted Peanuts and Cashews these were meant for my sister but they weren't in the cupboard long...felt really ill after, that'll teach me...not!
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
BG: 7.0 @ 10.13pm
Mug of hot water to try and alleviate indigestion and heartburn.
~~~

Friday: Weight: 15.5.6 Tum 49
BG: 5.6 @ 8.01am
Breakfast:
BG: 8.1 @ 9.08am (an hour after 2 frozen eclairs, they were there so I ate them! (defrosted)
Lunch:
(Forgot to take BG meter with me)
Pkt Stir Fry Egg Fried Rice and Pkt Chicken Chow Mein
(A huge tupperware bowl full, probably each packet was for more than one person, but I ate the lot, and the tastiest meal I've had in a long time, mustn't buy any more! Dunno why I'm so greedy.)
Dinner:
Steak, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, 1 Fried Egg made by my son, so tasty mmmm
(Not enough water again...I forgot to take my bottle with me.)

BG: 7.2 @ 12.36pm
Pint Water and forgot my Levothyroxine.
Supper:
(Wasn't really supper, I was pigging out, found some fruit loaf in the bread box so I enabled Mum to eat far too late and we both had half a fruit loaf slathered in Anchor butter! I am such a bad influence.)
~~~

BG: 10.9 @ 10:01am
Breakfast:
5.0 CPs / 50g carbs

BG: 9.4 @ 14:04pm
Lunch:
6.4 CPs / 64g carbs
Sandwich with tuna & mayo 2 rounds of bread
Batchelors potato and leek cup a soup
Choc ice

BG: 5.2 @ 21:14pm
Dinner:
4.0 CPs / 40g carbs
Chinese takeaway - chicken and noodle soup (thin soup)
Chicken chow mein

During the evening
1 can lager mixed with diet pepsi

Ah Kaylz I've waited sooo long for your invite to arrive for last nights pork loin chops - did you forget to buy postage stamps?:D😛
Sorry WL I didn't get a notification about this :( post often goes missing from our local post box so will take it to the post office next time! 🙂 x

Saturday: Weight: 15 7.8 Tum 49 1/2 A VERY BAD DAY! 😱
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs made with Anchor butter, Can Spam, small Can Corn with black pepper over in the early hours of the morning, insomnia.
BG: 7.1 @ 10.33am
Lunch:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake
Snack: SlimFast Caramel snackbar going round the shops.
Snack: Tin Roasted Peanuts and Cashews stood at the bus-stop, there's no hope for me, didn't even share it with the pigeons, there weren't any about.
Dinner:
3 lg Eggs scrambled with Anchor, a whole wheel of Camembert well a tiddy bit cut out for Mum to have a taste.
BG: 6.5 @ 7.17pm
Snack: Tin Roasted Peanuts and Cashews these were meant for my sister but they weren't in the cupboard long...felt really ill after, that'll teach me...not!
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
BG: 7.0 @ 10.13pm
Mug of hot water to try and alleviate indigestion and heartburn.
~~~

Friday: Weight: 15.5.6 Tum 49
BG: 5.6 @ 8.01am
Breakfast:
BG: 8.1 @ 9.08am (an hour after 2 frozen eclairs, they were there so I ate them! (defrosted)
Lunch:
(Forgot to take BG meter with me)
Pkt Stir Fry Egg Fried Rice and Pkt Chicken Chow Mein
(A huge tupperware bowl full, probably each packet was for more than one person, but I ate the lot, and the tastiest meal I've had in a long time, mustn't buy any more! Dunno why I'm so greedy.)
Dinner:
Steak, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, 1 Fried Egg made by my son, so tasty mmmm
(Not enough water again...I forgot to take my bottle with me.)

BG: 7.2 @ 12.36pm
Pint Water and forgot my Levothyroxine.
Supper:
(Wasn't really supper, I was pigging out, found some fruit loaf in the bread box so I enabled Mum to eat far too late and we both had half a fruit loaf slathered in Anchor butter! I am such a bad influence.)
~~~
Honestly you crack me up 😛:D:D i wouldnt dare eat half the things you eat, i eat the volume but good stuff😉

B. Cup coffee
L. 2 slices toasted Bergen soya & linseed
Evening meal at the local BELLA ITALIA @MikeTurin
6 King prawns with desertspoon lemon mayo - zero carbs
Lasagne approx 300g - approx 76 carbs
45g Chocolate brownie - 24 approx carbs with small scoop of vanilla icecream approx 24 carbs
280mls Diet coke with ice cubes - zero carbs
A delicious 3 course meal - only 124 carbs approx - and felt comfortably full🙂 Will definitely visit again:D
View attachment 4458

Attachments

• WP_20170819_20_10_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170819_20_10_41_Pro.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
B. Cup coffee
L. 2 slices toasted Bergen soya & linseed
Evening meal at the local BELLA ITALIA @MikeTurin
6 King prawns with desertspoon lemon mayo - zero carbs
Lasagne approx 300g - approx 76 carbs
45g Chocolate brownie - 24 approx carbs with small scoop of vanilla icecream approx 24 carbs
280mls Diet coke with ice cubes - zero carbs
A delicious 3 course meal - only 124 carbs approx - and felt comfortably full🙂 Will definitely visit again:D
View attachment 4458
That does look lovely, i dont count carbs just have very few

As a basic I take my bg on getting up and always last thing before bed. Then I try for just before meals and if I'm being vigilant I'd measure an hour after a meal and if I was testing a food, ie having it for the first time, I'd measure an hour after and then another hour after that. You use up a lot of strips though that cost a lot so I normally just try for the 3 times a day at the very least. If I ate your diet I'd be in double figures constantly but being Type 1 you can have lots of food that Type 2's can't have I feel. Orange juice! 😱 Heinz veg soup!!! Couldn't have that even before the diabetes, it would crease me up with indigestion. :D

Glad you're posting here, it's so interesting and informative to read other people's menus.

Hi Ditto, Thanks for your reply. I've always eaten like this and since the carb counting I's always been said to me "you can eat anything as long as you make sure you match your insulin to how many carbs eaten" and yes it is interesting reading other peoples menus it might just it might just inspire me especially if there are dinners like this 😉

T - pork loin steaks, boiled charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square lindt 90%

Hi Ditto, Thanks for your reply. I've always eaten like this and since the carb counting I's always been said to me "you can eat anything as long as you make sure you match your insulin to how many carbs eaten" and yes it is interesting reading other peoples menus it might just it might just inspire me especially if there are dinners like this 😉
Surely you dont have to pay for your strips?

Surely you dont have to pay for your strips?

Hi goosey, I get my strips on repeat prescription. Did you get me mixed up with someone else?

It can be helpful sometimes to know what sort of things people are eating, as it might give some ideas for a more varied diet. So, I'll start off with what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 slice buttered Burgen toast (my breakfast every day, I don't like to run with too much in my stomach)

Lunch - two soft-boiled eggs, two slices of buttered Burgen toast soldiers 🙂 Activia yoghurt

Evening meal - home-made spaghetti bolognese and a bounty bar.

I also nibbled on chilli-dusted peanuts through the evening.

Hi I join this website in June of this year as I was diagnosed with type 2 and at the time wrote a blog asking for advice and support. Sadly didn't get any just someone saying didn't happen to them. Any way
I read this blog with interest " why are you eating bread with carbs so bad for you" now wonder your readings increased. We told these fad foods are good for us but their not. Since being diagnosed I now reduced my Tablets to one a day and have lost 3.5 stones. My bloods levels were 29 and now for last 3 weeks normal because no carbs, very bad. Please cut out your carbs and see the difference. All the best

Started out well with a late breakfast of a red grapefruit and some walnuts. Then got hungry and as I was waiting for my OH to go out, a bit bored, and snacked a bit more than I intended: a Nature Valley protein salted caramel bar, an apricot, a tiny satsuma, some more nuts, and a bag of salty/sweet popcorn.
For dinner, roasted padron peppers followed by Quorn 'gammon' with roasted baby sweetcorn, baby plum tomatoes, red peppers, sautéed mushrooms, pineapple rings. Washed down with a prosecco and diet Fanta (the closest I get to Buck's Fizz). Three Sainsbury's Belgian chocolates.

Honestly you crack me up 😛:D:D i wouldnt dare eat half the things you eat, i eat the volume but good stuff😉
I know! I shouldn't be eating like this neither. I can't seem to get a handle on it at the moment. Keny is right, carbs are sooooo bad...imho.
Simple Carbohydrates vs. Complex Carbohydrates - Healthline

I'm embarrassed to post this menu and will be even more embarrassed to post tomorrow's (ie today's) menu but tell the truth and shame the devil, it might make me stop!

Sunday: Weight: 15.4.2 Tum 49
BG: 6.6 @ 9.38am
Breakfast:
Eggs scrambled with Anchor butter and a wedge of Brie.
Lunch:
(Forgot to take BG meter with me to daughters.)
Scrambled Eggs, 3 Beefburgers, Green Beans (frozen, microwaved, daughter always has frozen veg microwaved but it's quite tasty.)
2 Bottles Water.
Pigged so wouldn't measure.
Dinner:
Mum's leftovers mostly veg and a bit of gravy, why? A Ham doorstep followed by a giant Tupperware bowl of Crunchynut Cornflakes and half pint whole milk!
2 Biscuits, Pint Water and a Levothyroxine. (I don't even like biscuits!)
~~~

Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - 2 slices wholemeal bread, smoked streaky bacon, brown sauce and a 25g bar moser roth 85%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, a lotus and a square Lindt 90%
4 pints of water throughout the day x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back