What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's round about 8.6 give or take Ditto.
Really? Well, that's not too bad imho. She was a huge, 600lbs, unhealthy lady and I would have expected it to be higher.

I don't know, I'm not self testing
You're not? Why not? 🙂

Breakfast was a Lidl roll lightly toasted, one half crunchy peanut butter and the other as a special treat: Nutella.
Late lunch/ dinner (at a Thai restaurant) Bean curd with ginger and peppers accompanied by mange tout, baby sweet corn and mushrooms.
During the interval at the Prom Concert (Rachmaninov: sublime) I was treated to a Losely Farm chocolate ice cream tub: ever so yummy!

You're not? Why not? 🙂
I haven't yet felt the need to. I got my HbA1c down from 111 to 49 in 3 months and I am low carbing. Will have another blood test at the end of September and if there's no further improvement then I'll start self testing.

Did the Kir Royale spike you? Not had one since quick visit to DisneyParis ages ago. Felt very cosmopolitan having a one of them. 😉

Could have been a very iffy day as went visiting/babysitting. Talked my sister out of some birthday type cake because she wouldn't have stopped at one slice. Nephew was astounded when they all came back that we hadn't polished off the cake!
1f642.png
My other sister didn't measure before the car journey and I was very nervous. She did inject insulin before the journey home which is good as I believe she's not been bothering with that either! She also takes Glicwotsit and Metformin. I didn't realise you could take more than one kind of D med!

Watched Dr Now bariatric surgery documentary this morning and the lady was diabetic and took her bg-152. What's that in English?

Sunday: Weight: 15 3.4 Tum 48 1/2
BG: 7.9 @ 7.04am (Codefree)
Pint Water & tsp Normacol
Breakfast:
Small can Ham, 3 Scrambled Eggs made with Anchor Butter.
Pint Water with Aspirin & meds
Snack: 1 Baby Tomato, 1 Biscuit (for cheese), 1 Olive.
Lunch:
Small Bowl Chicken Curry. (I put weight on overnight, maybe this curry?)
2 Bottles Water.
BG: 7ish before lunch. (Forgot reading immediately!)
BG: 6.5 @ 7.46pm before a late dinner.
Dinner:
Nearly a full packet Mushrooms, Roast Beef, Garlics, 2 Tomatoes.
BG: 6.3 @ 12.01pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

Hi Ditto, didn't think my first post on this thread would be such a down beat one. So apologies.

Your sister does know how serious it is to drive without testing I presume!? Apart from the DVLA regulations! 9 years ago I was in a car crash. My car was written off and I was very lucky to get away with just cuts and bruises...thank you air bags etc. The driver that hit me was a diabetic gentleman with poor control, who was suffering with low a sugar level at the time of the incident. As we found out at the inquest his diabetes had been unstable for a while and to his families surprise he had already had his licence taken away for this reason. From me mentioning an inquest you will realise that he sadly was not as lucky as me. I always test before driving, as I had done that day.

Sorry to be a party pooper everyone.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get into posting re food, as this thread is intended🙂

Tea
B: Greek yogurt, 2 fried eggs on Tesco high protein toast
Snack: Flat peach
L: Leftover pulled pork salad, berries & Activia zero yogurt
T: Chili & 2 tbsp basmati rice, 1 glass of red vino
Tea during the day

Today
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast with 2 slices edam and a cup of coffee
9:30 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with smoked ham and some Tesco greek style yoghurt
T - mince, tatties and tender stem broccoli, lotus and a square lindt 90% x

Tea
Breakfast out: 2 bacon, 2 poached eggs, grilled tomato, beans, mushrooms & granary toast
L: some ham, berries & activia zero yogurt
T: A burger, a Paul Hollywood multi-grain roll & some Stilton cheese
Tea throughout the day.

Hi Ditto, didn't think my first post on this thread would be such a down beat one. So apologies.

Your sister does know how serious it is to drive without testing I presume!? Apart from the DVLA regulations! 9 years ago I was in a car crash. My car was written off and I was very lucky to get away with just cuts and bruises...thank you air bags etc. The driver that hit me was a diabetic gentleman with poor control, who was suffering with low a sugar level at the time of the incident. As we found out at the inquest his diabetes had been unstable for a while and to his families surprise he had already had his licence taken away for this reason. From me mentioning an inquest you will realise that he sadly was not as lucky as me. I always test before driving, as I had done that day. Sorry to be a party pooper everyone. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get into posting re food, as this thread is intended🙂

My sister will not be told. She knows full well. I keep telling her! I've given up, the whole family are beyond help imho, including me! 🙂 I'm so sorry about your accident, terrible for you. That silly man. :( You just can't tell some people. My sister often drives with a car full of kids. I can't bear to think about it.

Thursday: Weight: 5.8 Tum 49
BG: 5.8 @ 7.18am (Codefree's on the fritz, no way was I that low unless I spiked really high and then dropped) :(
Breakfast:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake.
BG: 6.1 @ 11.55am
Lunch:
Strawberry SlimFast Shake.
Bottle Water.
Not enough water, if pigging I can't drink...just can't get the water down.
Dinner:
Party/buffet food ie at least 3 butties made with thick wholemeal bread slathered in butter with cold cuts and coleslaw, then a balm cake with roast beef and coleslaw. Birthday cake with thick chocolate icing and I ran my finger round the edge to eat all the frosting of another cake 😱 so sweet! Half a 'snowball' choccy thing. I luvs buffet food. I don't even like sweet food! :(
BG: 5.9 @ 12.15pm
I wasn't going to measure, never do when pigging, too scared, but I made myself, stood there cringing waiting for the reading then this! Is the Codefree broken then? Darn it. I like this meter. :( Unless I spiked really high then crashed?
Pint Water and forgot my Levothyroxine. (Routine goes to the wall when pigging...stupid, stupid, stupid...and watched family really pig out, youngest sister said I don't want savoury, I want sweet and walked past with paper party plate piled with sweet goodies...what could I say? Pot/kettle).
~~~

Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices Edam and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with smoked ham and Tesco greek style yoghurt
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints of water throughout the day
10m -lotus biscuit and half pint of water x

My sister will not be told. She knows full well. I keep telling her! I've given up, the whole family are beyond help imho, including me! 🙂 I'm so sorry about your accident, terrible for you. That silly man. :( You just can't tell some people. My sister often drives with a car full of kids. I can't bear to think about it.

Thursday: Weight: 5.8 Tum 49
BG: 5.8 @ 7.18am (Codefree's on the fritz, no way was I that low unless I spiked really high and then dropped) :(
Breakfast:
Chocolate SlimFast Shake.
BG: 6.1 @ 11.55am
Lunch:
Strawberry SlimFast Shake.
Bottle Water.
Not enough water, if pigging I can't drink...just can't get the water down.
Dinner:
Party/buffet food ie at least 3 butties made with thick wholemeal bread slathered in butter with cold cuts and coleslaw, then a balm cake with roast beef and coleslaw. Birthday cake with thick chocolate icing and I ran my finger round the edge to eat all the frosting of another cake 😱 so sweet! Half a 'snowball' choccy thing. I luvs buffet food. I don't even like sweet food! :(
BG: 5.9 @ 12.15pm
I wasn't going to measure, never do when pigging, too scared, but I made myself, stood there cringing waiting for the reading then this! Is the Codefree broken then? Darn it. I like this meter. :( Unless I spiked really high then crashed?
Pint Water and forgot my Levothyroxine. (Routine goes to the wall when pigging...stupid, stupid, stupid...and watched family really pig out, youngest sister said I don't want savoury, I want sweet and walked past with paper party plate piled with sweet goodies...what could I say? Pot/kettle).
~~~
Ditto - i think you have taken things a tad too far🙄:D Dont want to alarm you but your weight has plummeted so low you are in a danger zone and i fear for your safety😱!!!! I'd better stop here as I'm only kidding!:D Obviously a typographical error on your part - weight 5.8 indeed!!!:D:D:D xxx

Ditto , you say yo cant get water down when pigging lol why dont you drink water 1st?If i drink at least 2 ltrs of water before lunch plus tea i loose more weight a week, this week is prime example 2 12lb loss, loads of water this week. Last week 1 1/2lb and week befoe 1/2lb but didnt drink much those weeks, so do think it works

Ditto , you say yo cant get water down when pigging lol why dont you drink water 1st?If i drink at least 2 ltrs of water before lunch plus tea i loose more weight a week, this week is prime example 2 12lb loss, loads of water this week. Last week 1 1/2lb and week befoe 1/2lb but didnt drink much those weeks, so do think it works
My sentiments exactly goosey - I always drink 200mls water about 20mins prior to eating - my portion size meal is drastically reduced when serving up because I dont feel as hungry by then.

I always mean to drink first...I will in future. 🙂

Must amend my weight! Missed off the one. :D The day I'm underweight y'all can put the flags out. I don't want to log today's eats. 😱 Despite my virtual gastric band. I luv the sound of Paul McKenna's voice, he sends me...right off to sleep, s'brilliant. :D I'm not doing the exercise that goes with it, I'll have to get in a routine with that and it might make a difference, you rub your arms and stuff.

I always mean to drink first...I will in future. 🙂

Must amend my weight! Missed off the one. :D The day I'm underweight y'all can put the flags out. I don't want to log today's eats. 😱 Despite my virtual gastric band. I luv the sound of Paul McKenna's voice, he sends me...right off to sleep, s'brilliant. :D I'm not doing the exercise that goes with it, I'll have to get in a routine with that and it might make a difference, you rub your arms and stuff.
Good to hear you're progressing with Paul Ditto - rub your arms & stuff? Whats this all about? Anything to do with a new moisturising cream?:D:D:D

Last edited:
Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam and a cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with roast beef and Dijon mustard and Greek style yoghurt
T - pork loin steaks, boiled charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints of water throughout the day x

Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 slices edam and a cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll with roast beef and Dijon mustard and Greek style yoghurt
T - pork loin steaks, boiled charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints of water throughout the day x
Ah Kaylz I've waited sooo long for your invite to arrive for last nights pork loin chops - did you forget to buy postage stamps?:D😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back