What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very pleased to have maintained the same weight for three days running, unheard of for me who goes up and down like a seesaw. I then sabotaged myself with those cashews and watermelon!

Tuesday: Weight: 15 1.8 Tum 48 1/2
BG: 6.3 @ 7.23am (Codefree)
Pint Water & tsp Normacol
Breakfast:
2 large Pork Chops, 2 Tomatoes, 2 Fried Eggs.
Pint Water with Aspirin & meds
Bottle Water.
BG: 6.8 @ 11.02pm
Lunch:
Day went wrong, nowt in, so the other 2 large Pork Chops I was saving for another day! 🙂 Needs must!
Bottle Water.
Dinner:
4 triangles of Watermelon.
Ham Salad with beetroot, cashews, potato salad etc., too much food! Stuffed to the gills...bleugh.
BG: 7.3 @ 9.58pm
Pint Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

Monday: Weight: 15 1.8 Tum 48 1/2
BG: 7.1 @ 10.25am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
250g carton Cottage Cheese and 1/4 Cucumber.
Bottle Water.
Lunch:
4 Rashers Bacon, 2 Fried Eggs, Tomatoes, 4oz Cheddar Cheese.
Bottle Water.
BG: 6.6 @ 4.02pm
Dinner:
2 Bird's Eye Boil-in-the-Bag Fish in sauce, Pkt Mushrooms.
BG: 6.5 @ 10.07pm
~~~

Sunday: Weight: 15 1.8
BG: 6.5 @ 7.04am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, Lg Can Tuna, Pkt Mushrooms.
BG: 6.2 @ 11.54am
Bottle Water.
Lunch:
Hake fried in butter, Green Beans (frozen)
Bottle Water.
Dinner:
Roast Chicken dinner with stuffing left on the side by my brother so how could I refuse the tinned carrots and stuffing!? Mmmm...
BG: 6.0 @ 12.12pm
~~~

Tea
B: Small bowl of bran flakes with strawberries & skimmed milk, 2 boiled eggs
L: Left over chilli, berries & mullerlight Greek yogurt
T: A 3 egg omelette with courgette, new potato, olives, cherry toms, ham & cheese
Tea & coffee during the day

Tea
B: Weetabix additions (coconut & raisin?) x 2 with skimmed milk & 2 eggs & mushrooms.
L: Chicken & ham salad, 12 grapes & activia zero vanilla yogurt
T: Pork chop, roasted med veg & Tilda coconut rice & a glass of vin rouge
Also made a courgette loaf and just had a piece - won't bother making it again 😱

Last edited:
B. 2 slices wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. 1 gingernut and a Coke Zero
D. Wasn't that hungry, a cheese sarnie , coffee and a Yakult
Water throughout the day.

Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal bread, 2 egg and smoked pancetta omelette 😛 and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll, smoked ham and mayo and a lotus biscuit (getting fed up of ham but not wasting it so between me and the cat we get there lol)
T - pork loin steaks, charlotte potatoes, roasted asparagus, onion gravy, a lotus and a square Lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints of water throughout the day
10pm - lotus biscuit and half a pint of water x

I would kill for a ham roll. 😉 Bread makes all the difference, I so miss it.

Thursday: Weight: 15 3.0 Tum 49
BG: 6.0 @ 6.14am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
2 Scrambled Eggs made with tbs Olive Oil, 2 rashers Bacon, Pkt Mushrooms, Garlic, Tomato, Onion.
Pint Water with Aspirin & med

(Mad starving maybe the huge breakfast spiked me and I then came down with a crash?)
BG: 4.6 @ 12.24pm
Pint Water.
Lunch:
Small jar Peanut Butter, small bunch Celery Hearts.
Snack: Bowl Raspberries and jar Luxury Double Cream (the whole jar! I wish I wasn't so greedy.)
Pt Water.
BG: 7.4 @ 4.44pm
Dinner:
Chicken Leg and 2 Chicken Thighs which had been marinated in some red stuff, Cauli rice with cream and Anchor Butter.
~~~

Wednesday: Weight: 15 3.0 Tum 49
BG: 7.1 @ 6.34am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, Lg Can Tuna, Pkt Mushrooms.
Lunch:
2 Coffees with milk and sweetener.
Cottage Cheese Salad with Olive Oil and Beetroot.
BG: 6.5 @ 5.10pm
Dinner:
A Plaice, Brussels Sprouts, Tinned Garden Peas, Anchor Butter.
BG: 7.3 @ 10.31pm
2 Pints Water and a Levothyroxine.
~~~

B. My usual 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and coffee.
L. 5 Ryvita's 2 had a little cheese , 1apple , 1 clementine and a Coke Zero.
D. Didn't eat.
Snack . Some cheese and sparkling water.
Before bed. I'm going to have coffee and a couple of gingernuts.

Yesterday:
B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: A few peanuts & an Aldi peanut butter nut bar
D: Barcon sarnie on Burgen
Pud: Tesco Finest Heritage raspberry eclair.😱
Drink: Pimms & lemonade, with added vodka.:D

@Ditto why don't you eat bread? x

Tea
B: Strawberries & Greek yogurt, 2 boiled eggs
L: Corned beef butty on Tesco high protein bread with tomato, 12 grapes, Activia zero cherry yogurt
T: Chicken, mushroom & barley risotto, 2 glasses of vin blanc

@Ditto why don't you eat bread? x
Originally because it's 'fattening' but I've come to realise it makes me feel really ill. My heart pounds for ages afterwards. Also, I read Wheat Belly and it frightened me so much I didn't want to eat bread. It's wearing off a bit now though and I want to eat it again but shouldn't. Also it would probably spike me. Same with potatoes. 🙄 Plus I can't stop once I start, I could easily eat a small loaf all to myself and a few pounds of spuds. 😉

Friday: Weight: 15 3.6 Tum 49
BG: 7.6 @ 9.29am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
250g Cottage Cheese and 1/4 thinly sliced Cucumber.
Bottle Water.
BG: 6.3 @ 1ish.
Lunch:
Visiting with both my sisters which is always iffy...didn't do too badly, just ate too much...miffed a bit because they can get free strips and haven't bothered grr agh!
Chicken Leg, bit of Avocado, some baby Tomatoes ~ lg portion Franks Diabetic Ice Cream with a lg slice Galia Melon.
1 ltr Water.
Snack: I know! 1 Strawberry Activia Yogurt.
Dinner:
1/4 Roast Beef, Mayo, lg Beefsteak Tomato, 1/4 Red Onion.
BG: 7.5 @ 4.15pm
BG: 6.5 @ 10.10pm
~~~

Yesterday
B - 2 slices wholemeal bread, 2 egg and smoked pancetta omelette and a cup of coffee
9:20 - cup of coffee
D - wholemeal roll, smoked ham and edam and a lotus biscuit
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, tender stem broccoli, onion gravy, lotus biscuit and a square lindt 90%
After t - cup of coffee
4 pints of water throughout the day
10pm - lotus biscuit and half a pint of water x

B. My usual 2slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a coffee.
L. 5 Ryvita's two had a little cheese on, an apple and a Coke Zero.
D. A bowl of Cullen Skink (fish soup) I call it stinky soup :D and a slice of wholemeal bread.
Not gone to bed yet. I may or may not have a coffee and a gingernut.

Really taking my diet seriously now. This being so, can anyone suggest the best type of bread roll to eat? Checked Sainsbury's gluten free genius multiseeded rolls and they have over 30g per roll, which seems a lot. Any suggestions?

It is also advised that you eat low glycemic foods where possible. Been having fruit salad every day, chopping up some fruits, but this leads to lots of sugar. Can anyone advise which fruits would be the best for this to keep the sugars reduced..?

Hi Lidia. Some people find they tolerate berries better. It's best to avoid certain fruits which originate from Hot regions. Grapes are little sugar bombs To be honest the only way to find out is by testing and checking the carbohydrates on the labels.

@Lydia1960 does it have to be a roll or would bread do? I only ask as others here swear by burgen bread, Tesco do a high protein loaf that is low in carbs and also Hovis have started doing lower carb bread available in wholemeal, seeded and white, as @Ljc says the only way to find out what works for you is to test, before and 2 hours after a food to see what effect it has had on you, as she also said people find berries ok so strawberries, raspberries, blackberries are all lower carb and lower sugar, I found it useful to begin with to go on supermarket websites and look at the nutrition listed on there, made shopping trips quicker for sure x

Yesterday:
B: Cream cheese & garlic flat mushrooms (X2)
L: Scotch egg & anti pasti (cheese, salami & sun dried tomatoes)
Snack: Aldi sea salt nut bar
D: Pork stir fry
Pud: Slice of low carb carrot cake (made myself)

Tea
B: 2 bacon, 1 egg, 1 sausage, beans, grilled tomato, 1 wholegrain toast, tea
L: none
T: Cooked dinner for friends, so charcuterie & olives to start, maple & mustard pulled pork with salad & seeded flat bread for main and cheese & biscuits (no biscuits for me) for dessert.
I do have to confess to drinking gin & tonic x 2, kir royale & 2, white wine x 1 & red wine x 1 😱

Did the Kir Royale spike you? Not had one since quick visit to DisneyParis ages ago. Felt very cosmopolitan having a one of them. 😉

Could have been a very iffy day as went visiting/babysitting. Talked my sister out of some birthday type cake because she wouldn't have stopped at one slice. Nephew was astounded when they all came back that we hadn't polished off the cake!
1f642.png
My other sister didn't measure before the car journey and I was very nervous. She did inject insulin before the journey home which is good as I believe she's not been bothering with that either! She also takes Glicwotsit and Metformin. I didn't realise you could take more than one kind of D med!

Watched Dr Now bariatric surgery documentary this morning and the lady was diabetic and took her bg-152. What's that in English?

Sunday: Weight: 15 3.4 Tum 48 1/2
BG: 7.9 @ 7.04am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
Small can Ham, 3 Scrambled Eggs made with Anchor Butter.
Snack: 1 Baby Tomato, 1 Biscuit (for cheese), 1 Olive.
Lunch:
Small Bowl Chicken Curry. (I put weight on overnight, maybe this curry?)
2 Bottles Water.
BG: 7ish before lunch. (Forgot reading immediately!)
BG: 6.5 @ 7.46pm before a late dinner.
Dinner:
Nearly a full packet Mushrooms, Roast Beef, Garlics, 2 Tomatoes.
BG: 6.3 @ 12.01pm
~~~

Did the Kir Royale spike you? Not had one since quick visit to DisneyParis ages ago. Felt very cosmopolitan having a one of them. 😉

Could have been a very iffy day as went visiting/babysitting. Talked my sister out of some birthday type cake because she wouldn't have stopped at one slice. Nephew was astounded when they all came back that we hadn't polished off the cake!
1f642.png
My other sister didn't measure before the car journey and I was very nervous. She did inject insulin before the journey home which is good as I believe she's not been bothering with that either! She also takes Glicwotsit and Metformin. I didn't realise you could take more than one kind of D med!

Watched Dr Now bariatric surgery documentary this morning and the lady was diabetic and took her bg-152. What's that in English?

Sunday: Weight: 15 3.4 Tum 48 1/2
BG: 7.9 @ 7.04am (Codefree)
Breakfast:
Small can Ham, 3 Scrambled Eggs made with Anchor Butter.
Snack: 1 Baby Tomato, 1 Biscuit (for cheese), 1 Olive.
Lunch:
Small Bowl Chicken Curry. (I put weight on overnight, maybe this curry?)
2 Bottles Water.
BG: 7ish before lunch. (Forgot reading immediately!)
BG: 6.5 @ 7.46pm before a late dinner.
Dinner:
Nearly a full packet Mushrooms, Roast Beef, Garlics, 2 Tomatoes.
BG: 6.3 @ 12.01pm
~~~

That's round about 8.6 give or take Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back