what did you eat today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chicken sausages yet then steff?🙂

Ewwww Ive tried them ,CHICKEN!?!?!? I dont think so !! they dont taste anything like chicken and I'd be surprised if they even had 10% chicken . Swerve them and have a good pork sausage , mmm irish sausages :D:D

Breakfast: dried apricots with 0% fat natural yoghurt plus 2 mugs of builder's tea
Mid-morning: apple
Lunch: home made bean and vegetable soup, 2 pumpkin seed and oat ryvita with reduced fat cheese
Dinner: turkey and black bean sauce, stir fry vegetables and small portion noodles, diet coke

today as follows;
breakfast=cheese spread on toast
lunch= red onion and ham sarny
tea=tuna pasta
pudding=large fruit salad

breakfast: start
lunch: chicken subway
dinner: salad with new potatoes, chicken and coleslaw

To be followed later by strawberries, mango and cream

brek egg and bacon
lunch tuna salad
tea chilli wrap
pudding grapes

Yesterday I had:

Toast and marmalade, OJ
Cottage cheese and pinapple sandwich, banana, clementine (3 of my 5-a-day!)
Some cold beers
Spaghetti bolognese, peaches and ice-cream

Hobnob and chocolate for late snack

Yesterday:
Toast and marmalade coffee, coffee, coffee

Toast and peanut butter with cucumber and other salad bits.
A few (Hu Herm) pieces off the no-cook choc cake I made the day before.

Shepherd's pie made with leftover roast lamb, but messed it up by putting too many herbs and red pepper in :( Peas and beans.
Nectarine, A few more (Hu herm) pieces of choc cake (now working on a more diabetic friendly version.)

so is marmalade ok then ? well as long as its a light spreading i suppose ? :confused:

I guess it depends how it affects your sugar levels and whether you can compensate with insulin, but I was advised not to bother with low-sugar conserves and just eat in moderation. I guess if you can't coneract with insulin you could use the low-sugar variety. I just love coarse-cut marmalade and toast, and it would be soooo hard to give it up!

so is marmalade ok then ? well as long as its a light spreading i suppose ? :confused:

Yes - well, it is for me. I have a couple of teaspoons I suppose. Because it's on seeded batch bread the glycaemic load is relatively low, plus, of course, I can take it into account in my insulin dose - type 2 maybe not so lucky! When I was first diagnosed the hospital dietician told me all sorts of things that I wouldn't be able to eat anymore, but now I eat them and my levels are fine. I started off by always having sweetener in my tea, but I found it too sweet. As I only need a tiny amount of sugar (about half a teaspoonful), I've used sugar for the past ten months. Plus, honey in my porridge (also a no-no I was told), ordinary chocolate, biscuits, ordinary ice cream etc.

But, it is important to note that I am Type 1 with good control - all these foodstuffs might wreck someone else's control.

i was only enquiring i actually aint keen on marmalada but o/h keeps wafting in my direction when he has it on toast , winding me up ,so wondered if i was to try some if it would play havoc with my numbers x

i was only enquiring i actually aint keen on marmalada but o/h keeps wafting in my direction when he has it on toast , winding me up ,so wondered if i was to try some if it would play havoc with my numbers x

I eat jam too! Only way to find out is try it and test, but there again, if you don't really like it you're not missing anything!:D

I eat jam too! Only way to find out is try it and test, but there again, if you don't really like it you're not missing anything!:D

god im so strict on myself when it comes to toast toppings a treat for me is chees spread lol, my dad said to me have you tried those cans of things i think heinz make them where you get several diffirent flavours and they spread on your toast i have no idea what he is talking about lol :confused:

Steff, just out of interest and because the thought of marmalade made me smile I went and had a look at the information on a jar of Cooper's vintage Oxford marmalade. A 15g serving (level tablespoon) contains 40kcal and 9.9g carbohydrate. Have to confess my problem would be just sticking at one slice of toast and marmalade but otherwise we tend to eat jams/marmalades in relatively small quantities so probably ok for most Type 2s once in a while - even if that apple would be better for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back