Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have had:

Breakfast: toast with marmalade, OJ
Lunch: More toast, this time with pilchards! Vanilla custard muller rice
Tea: Chilli con carne with basmati rice, strawberries and ice cream

Pilchards! Ick! 😛

For me:

Brekkie: - none as was fasting basal testing...
Lunch: steak with peppercorn sauce, french beans, purple brocolli,roast onions and garlic and fresh raw peas 🙂 And a jelly
Dinner: ham, mushroom and cheese omelette, cherries and some sugar free sweets.

for me

brekkie= poached egg on toast
snack =at 10 was melon and some pear in bowl
lunch= was crab salad with light mayo
tea =was chicken casserole
pudding was 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream and mandarins

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Weetos
Lunch: Chicken Balti pasty from cornish pasty co. mmm
A Whippy Ice Cream! (it was soooo hot)
Festival sleepy time snacks: (official term): some honeycomb chunks
Dinner: Chicken and chips
6 bottles of cider and some Pimms.

Today:

Breafast: croissant with jam
Lunch: Brioche and some chicken and mushroom in garlic and wine sauce thing from an itallian restuarant
Dinner: about to have roast dinner

It has been an awesome weekend.

Me today;

No breakfast....
Lunch: chicken supreme with new potatoes, cauliflour and swede
Followed by strawberries and cream
snacks: 5 celebrations
Dinner: chicken, sweetcorn and peppers pizza

very good spot northener i think i just get turkey or chicken these days lol i have the odd beef meal mind you

the reason i eat so much chicken is because it's the only meat i eat... I hate red meat!

I don't really eat much red meat, only mince in stuff like chilli, spag bol, sherher'd pie etc. I do like sausages, but always high quality pork ones. I have chicken in sauces - curry, sweet and sour, kung po etc., but rarely just as plain chicken.

oh the subject of sausages has anybody tryed chicken sausages they are in tesco at minute? im only asking as i was in there firday and was after some sausages i saw these but the chicken bit put me off wondered if any1 had tryed them

oh the subject of sausages has anybody tryed chicken sausages they are in tesco at minute? im only asking as i was in there firday and was after some sausages i saw these but the chicken bit put me off wondered if any1 had tryed them

No steff - chicken in sausages? Doesn't sound right! Ugh!😱

Breakfast ; egg and mushrooms

lunch ; slice of cheese ( mature mmm)

tea ; steak , medium rare , garlic mushrooms and broccoli

Today - 2 granary toast with flora and marmite and a chicken salad at lunchtime. Over the weekend I was in Italy so the only thing I can say about that is......I made the most of it!

I want to join in but I don't have diabetes, is that ok?

Breakfast - Banana - no time for anything else
Lunch - corned beef sandwich with red onion and Branston (normally would have Soya and Linseed but had some best of both for visiting relatives!)
Dinner - don't know but quite hungry. Not sure what I have, will post later.

So far so good, no mention of any chocolate anywhere yet. If I'm allowed to join in, then this could help me lose some weight if I can be honest enough to tell you what I have eaten. Its the honesty bit that will fail me, I can tell already 🙂

Lunch - corned beef sandwich with red onion and Branston (normally would have Soya and Linseed but had some best of both for visiting relatives!)

So far so good, no mention of any chocolate anywhere yet. If I'm allowed to join in, then this could help me lose some weight if I can be honest enough to tell you what I have eaten. Its the honesty bit that will fail me, I can tell already 🙂

hahaha well you are in good company Adrienne , Ive just eaten some chocolate MMMMMMM , oops shhhh the diabetic police with come and get me

So far so good, no mention of any chocolate anywhere yet. If I'm allowed to join in, then this could help me lose some weight if I can be honest enough to tell you what I have eaten. Its the honesty bit that will fail me, I can tell already

Of course you can join in, the more the merrier!

Me today

breakfast - pain au chocolat (I had no milk so got a naughty breakfast on my way to work)
lunch - chicken tikka subway with peppers, sweetcorn and mayo
dinner - spanish tortilla with broccoli, asparagus and runner beans with some parmasan

brekkie =bacon sarny
snack11= kiwi fruit with 2 bananas
lunch=turkey wrap with lettuce and chilli sauce
tea=chilli
pudding=grapes and gree yog

My appetite takes a bit of a dip when it's this hot. Today, I have had:

Breakfast: Toast and marmalade. Forgot to drink my OJ, so was surprised not to hypo later!
Lunch: Banana sandwich and strawberry muller rice
Tea: Scrambled eggs on toast, jelly and ice cream.

Waddya mean, what's a 50 year old man doing eating that?!!! It was one of my favourite puddings when I was in hospital, although the ice cream had mostly melted by the time it reached you. I think I've said it before, but I was pleasantly surprised at how few foods were excluded from my diet as a diabetic patient. I was also ravenous all the time and the food was actually really good - I wrote and complimented the kitchen staff later because everything was always tasty and fresh. I thought that was a real achievement for a big hospital catering for so many people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back