Signs of growing older

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not knowing any songs in the top ten.

Struggling to think of anything worse than going to a music festival.

You know you're getting old when you start choosing clothes and shoes for comfort rather than style...

Complaining more often, declaring you’re “gasping” for a cup of tea and feeling flattered when you get
asked for ID when visiting a bar.

Complaining more often, declaring you’re “gasping” for a cup of tea and feeling flattered when you get
asked for ID when visiting a bar.
I didn't get asked for ID to be served drinks tonight, but the youngish (I think early 20s?) lads who sat at the same table as me for a bit did not believe how old I am :rofl: one continued to say he didn't believe it when showed my driving licence

I didn't get asked for ID to be served drinks tonight, but the youngish (I think early 20s?) lads who sat at the same table as me for a bit did not believe how old I am :rofl: one continued to say he didn't believe it when showed my driving licence
Got called "Sir" by the middle-aged woman at the adjacent table in a restaurant last night :(

I plan my funeral all the time. 🙂 Can't make up my mind on the CD they play as everybody leaves though. At the minute it's a choice between Let's Dance, Time To Say Goodbye and Holding Back The Years. I need more time! :rofl:

I plan my funeral all the time. 🙂 Can't make up my mind on the CD they play as everybody leaves though. At the minute it's a choice between Let's Dance, Time To Say Goodbye and Holding Back The Years. I need more time! :rofl:

Personally, i would like to be exposed on a remote hillside, (something similar to a Tibetan sky funeral). Failing that, I would settle for being exposed in a body farm, but one cannot do that either in the UK. In fact, except under exceptional circumstances, i am fairly sure you can't "just be buried at sea" from a UK flagged ship. (The normal expectation would be that you were stored in the freezer until return to UK authority, then autopsied and cremated before burial at sea.)

I have discovered a new growing old definition today. I'll swap anybody any one of these 'rare' Stephen King books for one with large print. 🙄

Cripes the print is miniscule on some of these and things are only worth something if you have a buyer. They could be as rare as hen's teeth but if nobody wants to buy then what's the point. Plus why do I have two and sometimes three copies of a Stephen King? Good grief, I need to carry on downsizing...

Having colleagues who are so young they don't know what a cassette tape is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back