No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
just realised, I'm off round my bro's tomorrow night for pizza and wii!!

PIZZA ?!?!!?? ... My work has been in vain ...sob sob ... Ah well you would have had more Carbs probably so at least your meal at home has been Low Carb ,Rossi , which is good . Try again tomorrow 🙂😉 Enjoy the wii

Just another quick update... I corrected with 3 units last night. Woke up at 4am, felt a bit hot so tested and was 4.8. Had a nibble on a digestive to make sure I didn't hypo and woke up with a blood sugar of 5.6. I NEVER wake up with a blood sugar that low!! 🙂 So maybe (although I didn't get it quite right last night!) having a salad for dinner and covering it with 2 units is the way forward!

yeah that sounds about right, because I take 4 units but I guess your ratio is lower than mine 🙂

maybe we should start a challenge... find a meal that needs NO insulin lol.

yeah that sounds about right, because I take 4 units but I guess your ratio is lower than mine 🙂

maybe we should start a challenge... find a meal that needs NO insulin lol.

Okies , let the challenge begin ... Ready.. Get set.. GO!!!!

Just another quick update... I corrected with 3 units last night. Woke up at 4am, felt a bit hot so tested and was 4.8. Had a nibble on a digestive to make sure I didn't hypo and woke up with a blood sugar of 5.6. I NEVER wake up with a blood sugar that low!! 🙂 So maybe (although I didn't get it quite right last night!) having a salad for dinner and covering it with 2 units is the way forward!

Hey well done with a result like that !!!! so you got your meal and a biscuit , good result 🙂🙂

Okies , let the challenge begin ... Ready.. Get set.. GO!!!!

Yes let's! That would be amazing...

Hey well done with a result like that !!!! so you got your meal and a biscuit , good result 🙂🙂

Yes, although the biscuit wasn't planned, ideally I'd like to not have to nibble digestives at 4 in the morning 😛

BG still 6.4 so doing well :D My levels are never like this, whoop!

hi folks just wanted to add my slant on this 🙂

i am a carb fan and find that by carb counting i can control my levels superb and i dont sup the insulin like it is going out of fashion either. i kepp fit and active and never miss a meal. i understand that for some folks the low carb way might be the only way to go, but just wanted to ask this really. how much exercise do you do???? i find the more i do the less insulin i need so i am happy keeping myself moving and doing quite a bit everyday.

i am a carb fan and find that by carb counting i can control my levels superb and i dont sup the insulin like it is going out of fashion either. i kepp fit and active and never miss a meal. i understand that for some folks the low carb way might be the only way to go, but just wanted to ask this really. how much exercise do you do???? i find the more i do the less insulin i need so i am happy keeping myself moving and doing quite a bit everyday.

Hi Mike , welcome to the Low Carb thread , I do 2 hours of Aero burn Aerobics everyday without fail and walk my poor dog to death , my house is immaculate and I only sleep 3/4 hours a night so I am very active . Sometimes I have been known to do an extra hour of Aerobics in the early hours if I really cant sleep.

Yes let's! That would be amazing...

Yes, although the biscuit wasn't planned, ideally I'd like to not have to nibble digestives at 4 in the morning 😛

BG still 6.4 so doing well :D My levels are never like this, whoop!

Wooo Congratulations on the good levels Munjeeta , keep up the good work !!!

I have to agree with you there. I have done the low carb thing before which worked great but I find with carb counting I can get just as good control, which is very good as I do enjoy my carbs! I also do a lot of running and have found that my performance, and general energy levels, are far better when I'm eating carbs than when I'm not

So low carbs is certanly not for me!

Wooo Congratulations on the good levels Munjeeta , keep up the good work !!!

Yay 🙂 My highest BG today has been 6.4, my lowest 4.1... I had a ham salad, a packet of Twiglest and a sugar free jelly for lunch and covered it with 3 units. It's amazing. I've been struggling with carb counting for months now and never seem to get it right. Keeping the carbs lower is seeming to be easier to manage... Not that I can maybe make a judgement after a day but I can honestly say I've never yet managed a day like this, especially not at work... 🙂

Yay 🙂 My highest BG today has been 6.4, my lowest 4.1... I had a ham salad, a packet of Twiglest and a sugar free jelly for lunch and covered it with 3 units. It's amazing. I've been struggling with carb counting for months now and never seem to get it right. Keeping the carbs lower is seeming to be easier to manage... Not that I can maybe make a judgement after a day but I can honestly say I've never yet managed a day like this, especially not at work... 🙂

Wooo Well done Munjeeta , those levels are fantastic !!!! well you are obviously doing something right!!! Yes I know the Carb thing is all still in its early days but you are seeing a difference already. You are a perfect example to others who may wish to give it a go . 🙂🙂

I've just eaten a carb-laden pasta dinner but measured it very carefully so will see... Not sure I can do the low carb thing for every meal...

But I was wondering... What foods count as low carb? So, what could a low carb meal consist of? How low-carb does a meal have to be to be considered low-carb? Not that it really matters, I just have no concept! 😛

I've just eaten a carb-laden pasta dinner but measured it very carefully so will see... Not sure I can do the low carb thing for every meal...

But I was wondering... What foods count as low carb? So, what could a low carb meal consist of? How low-carb does a meal have to be to be considered low-carb? Not that it really matters, I just have no concept! 😛

Hi Munjeeta, I have answered your PM , if you need anymore help i will help as much as i can . I hope you have good levels today 🙂

im low carbing it today, carbs haven't been good to me lately.

so far ive had an omlete. im not sure what im going to have for dinner lol, im out of ideas.

Haha... Salad? Or meat and veg... Or... Yep, I'm outta ideas too! I've done it again today too - lowest BG 3.8 (a little TOO low) but highest only 7.9 so not complaining 🙂 I'm a fan already!!

I had a salad, a packet of Twiglets and a jelly (Hartley's do amazing mango and passionfruit/ blueberry and blackberry ones with like 1g of carb in!) then for dinner I had mince with 1/4 of a cup of brown rice (I normally have at least 1/3 of a cup or half if feeling extra naughty😱) then some extra veg on the side. Had my normal muesli for breakfast though, not sure I can do the no carb thing...

How have your blood sugars been? I think I'm just finding it easier to calculate based on smaller amounts of carb...

so far ive had an omlete. im not sure what im going to have for dinner lol, im out of ideas.

Chicken salad .... or a full english without the beans mmmmm (or bread/toast)

Haha... Salad? Or meat and veg... Or... Yep, I'm outta ideas too! I've done it again today too - lowest BG 3.8 (a little TOO low) but highest only 7.9 so not complaining I'm a fan already!!

I had a salad, a packet of Twiglets and a jelly (Hartley's do amazing mango and passionfruit/ blueberry and blackberry ones with like 1g of carb in!) then for dinner I had mince with 1/4 of a cup of brown rice (I normally have at least 1/3 of a cup or half if feeling extra naughty. then some extra veg on the side. Had my normal muesli for breakfast though, not sure I can do the no carb thing...

How have your blood sugars been? I think I'm just finding it easier to calculate based on smaller amounts of carb...

Thanks for the suggestions jeeta :D I might have to get some of those jellies! I'm a it fed up of salad as ive been on a diet and replacing one meal a day with it urgh 🙄 haha. We don't have much food left in the house, wish I could drive!

My sugars have been so much better when im eating less carbs 🙂 i think partly because it's easier to guess how much you need but also you dont get any crazy spikes. I cheat alot though and have days where I eat loads of carbs because I have no will power 😛 Mainly when i'm hungover, I cant help binging on carbs after a night out hehe.

Chicken salad .... or a full english without the beans mmmmm (or bread/toast)

Thanks Twin, remember I dont eat red meat so a full english breakfast of veggie sausages and eggs isn't as appealing hehe

I might have chicken if we have some, yum!

Is this all you've eaten ALL day, Katie?!

Is this all you've eaten ALL day, Katie?!

Ooops I only tend to eat once a day, , an evening meal . Although I did have a snack at 3 am mmmm lovely . One of the things I have noticed since restricting Carbs is that I am never hungry .:confused: Carbs on the other hand make me want to eat and eat all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back