My Poorly Leg

Oh Mikey! What a relief to see some obvious progress and a complete change of tack from someone with some good old fashioned common sense. I can't believe they persisted so long with a regime which was not only not working but also must have been costing a fortune in dressings Keeping skin in warm damp conditions for days on end was never going to be a good idea. At least you can now do some home care with it. Really hope you see continued improvement now and I will be looking forward to updates now rather than being anxious about reading them.
So pleased for you. New consultant wants a medal! Obviously I will still be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Pseudomonas infection is notoriously antibiotic resistant, we used to get our students to do sensitivity testing as part of the lab practical class and there was only 1 antibiotic from the selection they had to choose from that worked.

Interested to know which antibiotic is was. Happy to get message of you don't want to put on public display.

Thank goodness @MikeyBikey that looks so much better. I've been waiting for an update so thanks for sharing

@MikeyBikey that last one is the first photo which didn't make me cry - now I'm getting misty eyed but with relief - what a difference a change in the regime has made. Thank you for letting us know - I was obviously only one of those concerned for you.

That consultant is a keeper, @MikeyBikey . These things are never fast, but it looks a whole lot happier already.

Long may the improvements continue.

So no podiatry today as they have a staff shortage. It looks much the same as last week so I agreed to wait until next week's appointment and keep the salt baths up (every two to three days). I also have got some potassium permanganate and they are getting an expert to call me back on how much to use. I have only ever seen ot used for sterilising green houses and the person was wearing gloves. A purple foot might confuse the issue! :( Could I dye my grey hair? 🙂

So no podiatry today as they have a staff shortage. It looks much the same as last week so I agreed to wait until next week's appointment and keep the salt baths up (every two to three days). I also have got some potassium permanganate and they are getting an expert to call me back on how much to use. I have only ever seen ot used for sterilising green houses and the person was wearing gloves. A purple foot might confuse the issue! :( Could I dye my grey hair? 🙂
When I visited a relative in Malta, 50 years ago, it was common to wash salad leaves and fruit in a potassium permanganate solution, in case they had been irrigated with contaminated water. We must have ingested some of the KMnO4 but lived to tell the tale! It was probably less harmful than the bacteria in the salad!

I laugh to dye your hair grey like a blue rinse might have purple tinge.
However sorry re your foot and still no vlear rule what of how much to use. i think my sister had this for her excema as well as the red paint or the gentian violet. In the end dhe hot some med but it gave her alopecia. Never easy.
Good luck this week.

When I visited a relative in Malta, 50 years ago, it was common to wash salad leaves and fruit in a potassium permanganate solution, in case they had been irrigated with contaminated water. We must have ingested some of the KMnO4 but lived to tell the tale! It was probably less harmful than the bacteria in the salad!

92, 15, 23, 8, 52

I laugh to dye your hair grey like a blue rinse might have purple tinge.
However sorry re your foot and still no vlear rule what of how much to use. i think my sister had this for her excema as well as the red paint or the gentian violet. In the end dhe hot some med but it gave her alopecia. Never easy.
Good luck this week.
I don't really want to Like because of your sister's problems although appropriate for the purple hair!

Sorry to hear your appointment has been cancelled but so pleased that you can at least continue self care with it which you could not do when it was heavily dressed. Ian uses KMnO4 sometimes for his eczema and just tips a few crystals into the bath. It tends to leave the bath stained brown rather than pink/purple due to oxidation and definitely not seem any pinky tinge to his hair, so you may need a hairdressers appointment if you want a blue rinse!

Translation? I tried chemical elements and got UPVOTe can’t think what else it could be.
Yes, I wondered if Mikey had got his threads confused and was posting some sort of Nerdle result here instead of the Wordle thread. Definitely don't fancy bathing in a Uranium salt!!

Yes, I wondered if Mikey had got his threads confused and was posting some sort of Nerdle result here instead of the Wordle thread. Definitely don't fancy bathing in a Uranium salt!!

That might scare the horses if purple Ian was accompanied by a glowing green Barbara :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In my morning post which arrived after lunch I had an a F/Up appointment for the Foot Clinic . As it was the first of the day it means a silly o'clock ambulance (they arrive up to two hours before the appointment regardless of distance). Yet again the consultant's request to avoid the early appointments had been ignored . Anyway I rang Outpatient Appointments and gradually worked my way down the queue. They said the only alternative was late November which obviously iks a no-go. I will try the consultant's secretary to see if she can help. Since Covid appointment clerks seem very remote (I think quite a few work from home ) and disjoint from clinical staff and patients! I wonder what the F in Podiatry F/Up Appointment stands for? :rofl:

Late afternoon I got a call from the lead podiatrist who I first met over two decades ago. During a chat we concluded i should stay on the salty foot baths (I use Maldon Organic Sea Salt) and bring my potassium permanganate with me so he can advise on doseage. He was suprised I got some so easily! I am going for an AK47 next! :rofl: Apparently the PP stains the skin and nails slightly brown and as the skin is now quite reddish my foot shoukld look quite autumnal! :rofl:

I have to be honest, considering the problems you have had with appointments Mikey I initially assumed you meant F*** Up rather than Follow Up. I love that your foot will be following a seasonal colour trend! :D

I have to be honest, considering the problems you have had with appointments Mikey I initially assumed you meant F*** Up rather than Follow Up. I love that your foot will be following a seasonal colour trend! :D

Considering the letter was two mainly irrelevant pages long abbreviating the Clinic name tp "Podiatry F/Up" seems ridiculous!🙂

Back