My Poorly Leg

Are you going to explain the number sequence and put @Robin and I out of our misery Mikey?

is it the winning lottery numbers this week?

As they were 92, 15, 23, 8, 52 you would struggle as the National Lottery only goes from 1 - 49. They even reduced the Football Pools to 1 - 49 after the Lottery started as I used to enter my birth year into a Perm.

As they were 92, 15, 23, 8, 52 you would struggle as the National Lottery only goes from 1 - 49. They even reduced the Football Pools to 1 - 49 after the Lottery started as I used to enter my birth year into a Perm.
Never ever done them lol

Hi @MikeyBikey that last photo looks so much better. Thank you for updating us.
Glad that you now have the option of some self care and that the salt baths are working.
I hope that you are able to get the time of your appointment changed.
I look forward to the next update.

Looking loads better Mikey!

I so agree love the colour. oh hope it continues definitely better.

The strange thing was when all wrapped up and damp it was less painful than now. I imagine it is the drying out and healing process. Base of big toe, ling toe and side below little toe are the most uncomfortable. Like with the phantom pain the Gabapentin seems remarkably ineffective.

"No pain, no gain" as they say Mikey, so hopefully it is a good sign, but really feel for you as you have such a lot to deal with. (((HUGS)))

The strange thing was when all wrapped up and damp it was less painful than now. I imagine it is the drying out and healing process. Base of big toe, ling toe and side below little toe are the most uncomfortable. Like with the phantom pain the Gabapentin seems remarkably ineffective.
Thats also a better sign, means the nerves are working . Its sounding positive . i wish there was a real pain cure. Can they not try anything else? I guess it might not be easy whatever. Thinking of you Im not great with pain. Sorry .

Thats also a better sign, means the nerves are working . Its sounding positive . i wish there was a real pain cure. Can they not try anything else? I guess it might not be easy whatever. Thinking of you Im not great with pain. Sorry .

The other main drug for phantom pain is Pregabalin but they don't like prescribing it to over 60s. If it gets really bad Oxycodone gives me relief but interestingly doesn't work for many. For the wounds on my foot Paracetamol seems as good as anything. Sadly although phantom pain has been known about since people started surviving amputation (or accidental limb loss) surprisingly little research has been done into it. Together with PAD and diabetic nerve pain they seem Cinderella conditions!

P.S. I have not idea why it has gone BOLD but if I try to take it off only some words UnBold!

Last edited by a moderator:
The other main drug for phantom pain is Pregabalin but they don't like prescribing it to over 60s. If it gets really bad Oxycodone gives me relief but interestingly doesn't work for many. For the wounds on my foot Paracetamol seems as good as anything. Sadly although phantom pain has been known about since people started surviving amputation (or accidental limb loss) surprisingly little research has been done into it. Together with PAD and diabetic nerve pain they seem Cinderella conditions!

P.S. I have not idea why it has gone BOLD but if I try to take it off only some words UnBold!
no worries re the bold type. Im pleased you do type. Phantom pain when I nursed years ago
was really something that i felt empathy with. No one knows pain until you have it and i used to feel unbelieved when i had pain myself only believed when a cyst actually burst causing them to operate fast. However before that i had much pain that i recall the Gp saying your daughter ( me) just want to plug school.
Patients with amputations had real pain . i sat on the end of the bed and thought the guy was being attacked he told me to get off his leg . To me the space was empty but it was his space fir his leg.
i apologised but i noted his pain in his face. So i do believe the pain is real.
My husband will tell you when i have pain I get cross because i cannot prove it . Like my
back hip and knee pain. Only on MRi they seen how bad it was .
I wish like your foot I can see its raw but that also is healing now .
So i feel yer pain but its also a good thing as no pain might have meant another amputee.
Those we must not think off and one is enough.
i take my hat iff you have been through enough.

I used my ninja moderating superpowers to un-embolden it for you @MikeyBikey

Glad to see your tootsies are improving - long may that continue.

My foot after a good clean up with antiseptic solution today. Will write more tomorrow as shattered after Patient Transport had another bad day at the office!

View attachment 28075
That is looking so much better, just shows what getting good advice about treatment can make. Lets hope you see continued improvement. Keep up the good work.

Wow!" That looks nearly normal Mikey! So, so much better! Well done to that consultant and well done to you for all the home care which can't be easy in the circumstances. So pleased for you! You must be incredibly relieved!

I hope it improves and the pain you have too. Looking forward to no more visits to get it seen too and you enjoying life more free from all the pain this has caused.

Back