Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what model phone do you have? My son has had his update, but I haven't, my family have the new update showing in the play store but I'm still on the usual - I'm using a z3flip
Nokia x20 android

It was bad planning to release it so close to a weekend, or did they do it on purpose.
It was a staggered release and there are only 7 days in the week and 2 of them are the weekend when they would almost certainly not release it, so I am not sure that is a useful comment or speculation.

Thanks I was trying to work out why I haven't got the update when it seems the majority have - still no wiser
It is a staggered release and I imagine that has now been stalled by the iphone issue, so you may just need to be patient.

Just a thought but is your phone on the supported list of phones for LibreLink because if not, you may find the update is not available to you at all.

It is a staggered release and I imagine that has now been stalled by the iphone issue, so you may just need to be patient.

Just a thought but is your phone on the supported list of phones for LibreLink because if not, you may find the update is not available to you at all.
Thanks yes the z3flip is on the list - I'm trying to be patient, seems like the majority have had the update though 🙂 hopefully not much longer to wait

It
It was a staggered release and there are only 7 days in the week and 2 of them are the weekend when they would almost certainly not release it, so I am not sure that is a useful comment or speculation.
It Is my opinion, sorry to upset you so much
I will take my obnoxious opinions elsewhere.
Your page long opinions on Abbotts failings is fine, my opinion annoys you?

Last edited:
Thanks yes the z3flip is on the list - I'm trying to be patient, seems like the majority have had the update though 🙂 hopefully not much longer to wait
I don't know, but I suspect they may have paused the Android rollout because of the iOS issues (and, for all I know, some Android problems). That's part of why they all do this staged rollout, after all.

I agree it can be annoying!

I am not currently a libre 2 user but my wife is and I have followed the recent scandalous failure. I would urge everyone to go to the MHRA yellow card reporting site and make a report about this incident. This will ensure that the regulators have to take this up with Abbott.
Everyone else can get a PR response and forgotten about.
The level of failure in this case is severe and vulnerable patients deserve better.

I am not currently a libre 2 user but my wife is and I have followed the recent scandalous failure. I would urge everyone to go to the MHRA yellow card reporting site and make a report about this incident. This will ensure that the regulators have to take this up with Abbott.
Everyone else can get a PR response and forgotten about.
The level of failure in this case is severe and vulnerable patients deserve better.
Abbott have themselves reported it to the MHRA, see post #185 on this thread.

Edit: @Bruce Stephens types faster than I do!

Abbott have themselves reported it to the MHRA, see post #185 on this thread.

Edit: @Bruce Stephens types faster than I do!
Just had an email from them in response to my contact with them on Wednesday following the issues with the update where they state : As this is a medical device, we are required to document all reported issues on our Complaint Handling System. In order to document a full report, may we please ask you to provide the following information?

They were asking for phone make, model, OS version, app version and whether this failure caused medical help to be required (as required on an MHRA Yellow Card report).

Rightly or wrongly, I did report this on Wednesday to the MHRA as a Yellow Card, reasoning that it was worth just notifying them about the incident so that they are aware. But it is comforting to note that Abbott self-reported. Working in IT myself, I do feel for the IT team at Abbott (or whoever handles their IT) however it is important, especially with these medical devices, that lessons are learnt to prevent future issues.

Looking back, it was a stressful time with problems with the upgrade and new version of the app, but now that it is working for me (albeit I’m not attempting to load the insulin pens until a new release), the fact it seems to be stable and the real time CGM is really good, is making me feel better about it all. It is just a shame it happened in the first place and then communications and customer service were not up to the job of helping people fast enough.

I see there is an update on the App Store for LibreLink this morning - v2.10.1 - has anyone dare try it yet?

I see the app update too - can we trust Abbott?

They've put up advice to download it on their homepage, but the link they give isn't working - which hints at more confusion at Abbott

No update on mine yet, but can relate to @Eternal422 's comment about not daring to do it.

Yep, I have updated from the app store just now. All seems OK. No noticeable changes.
Have you tried adding a Novopen with lots of doses on it yet?

Just a question if I may ,I dont keep phone on at night but realize it will be nescesary for alarms so if I put it on airplane mode will alarms overide this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back