ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without being too personal, can I ask what causes the communication problem?. Do you hit the wrong keys on your phone due to a coordination problem or are you dyslexic?
If it is a problem with coordination and hitting the right letters/numbers, would that possibly impact how you would control a pump if you applied for one and were successful? I don't use a pump myself but I understand that many are operated from a phone or similar PDM so you would probably need to have enough coordination to hit the right keys to manage it safely.

Sometimes I have to read your messages 4 or 5 times to try to understand what you are trying to say and sometimes I just can't figure it out, so Lucy's suggestion of using a dictator function would be worth a try to see if that improves our understanding of you. I would like to say that I think it is very brave of you to post so much when this condition creates a communication difficulty and I really admire you for not letting it hold you back, but it would be helpful to us if you would give the translator feature a try if you have it on your phone, to perhaps make it easier for us
Yeah i have dypraxia i dont seem to have on this phone. If i ever did go on a pump i proberlly would go for patched rather then wirerless i try the voice thing when i manged to find it but i might come out. The strip on saterday wasnt me though they said error as soom i put the strip in so difaitty was the enverioment 🙂. I wouldnt press the wrong keys a pump but thats not really going to be a near fucture thing anyway 🙂

Without being too personal, can I ask what causes the communication problem?. Do you hit the wrong keys on your phone due to a coordination problem or are you dyslexic?
If it is a problem with coordination and hitting the right letters/numbers, would that possibly impact how you would control a pump if you applied for one and were successful? I don't use a pump myself but I understand that many are operated from a phone or similar PDM so you would probably need to have enough coordination to hit the right keys to manage it safely.

Sometimes I have to read your messages 4 or 5 times to try to understand what you are trying to say and sometimes I just can't figure it out, so Lucy's suggestion of using a dictator function would be worth a try to see if that improves our understanding of you. I would like to say that I think it is very brave of you to post so much when this condition creates a communication difficulty and I really admire you for not letting it hold you back, but it would be helpful to us if you would give the translator feature a try if you have it on your phone, to perhaps make it easier for us.
I difantity would double check i hit entered the right things as well before comfriming. 🙂 but that proberlly isn't going to happen 🙂

im not dylex

I'm not dylexic but my dypraxia does also cause problems with spelling as well its different for diffent people
Oh sorry thought you had tried to write you were dyslexic as well.

What kind of phone do you have?

Right now im usally an lg but have brought a Samsung gaxlely just not got the right sim yet

It helps us to know that you don't actually have the option of that dictation feature on your phone. It would have helped if you had said that. To me it just seemed like you were ignoring the suggestion which seemed rude both in terms of not acknowledging Lucy's good suggestion but also not wanting to help us, when we are having to spend extra time trying to understand you.
Not sure if that makes sense but I am glad that we now know the situation much more clearly and many thanks to @Lucyr for explaining Dyspraxia so well, for us all to understand better.

One of the things I didn’t mention about dyspraxia, which relates to an earlier question, is that it is extremely common for it to overlap with similar difficulties like dyslexia, dyscalculia, autism, etc. So you can have dyspraxia and difficulties with spelling, just not enough to be diagnosed dyslexic. Or difficulties with social situations and understanding of other people but not enough to be diagnosed as autistic. Everyone gets a different mix of symptoms and different overlaps though.

Also if i did do that it might not nerclserly help as it go helped because i proberrly would sater alot. Sorry for seem rude. Even though sometimes i mispell things. I find it easier to write what to say. If thid was talking forum i proberlly

(All LG android phones have Google voice typing. The icon is at the bottom right of the screen.)

I do have sympathy, one of my brothers has dyslexia, and dyspraxia. As a child he went to a special school and to this day struggles to read and write his own name. It doesn't stop him, he does what he can.

When we were children my brother's dyspraxia did cause our family a few issues, we were visited by social workers because my brother attended the casualty department of our local hospital almost every week. The amount of cuts and bruises probably did look suspicious. He was so clumsy as a child, but thankfully a lot better now.
Also a l
(All LG android phones have Google voice typing. The icon is at the bottom right of the screen.)

I do have sympathy, one of my brothers has dyslexia, and dyspraxia. As a child he went to a special school and to this day struggles to read and write his own name. It doesn't stop him, he does what he can.

When we were children my brother's dyspraxia did cause our family a few issues, we were visited by social workers because my brother attended the casualty department of our local hospital almost every week. The amount of cuts and bruises probably did look suspicious. He was so clumsy as a child, but thankfully a lot better now.
Its only mild dypraxia not to enough to have gone to special education school 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-22-07-35-35.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-22-07-35-35.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 7
It helps us to know that you don't actually have the option of that dictation feature on your phone. It would have helped if you had said that. To me it just seemed like you were ignoring the suggestion which seemed rude both in terms of not acknowledging Lucy's good suggestion but also not wanting to help us, when we are having to spend extra time trying to understand you.
Not sure if that makes sense but I am glad that we now know the situation much more clearly and many thanks to @Lucyr for explaining Dyspraxia so well, for us all to understand better.
But i am verry sorry for seeming rude this one that borthers me a a a lot maybe i should i have said it wouldn't neserlly help. I might try to get a voicer reader so i can edit my posts if i here something that doesn't sound right

But going back to dexcom i know im not going to get it. But someone that i know said she used to be on libre but found them very diffcult to aplly shes now on dexcom. So it shows that in can be eaiser for some people. I think another advantage is being abble to put it more places so if you were puting on your somtach you would be able to use both hands. 🙂

But i am verry sorry for seeming rude this one that borthers me a a a lot maybe i should i have said it wouldn't neserlly help. I might try to get a voicer reader so i can edit my posts if i here something that doesn't sound right
I imagine it’s possible to get your phone to read things to you but I have an iPhone so I only know how to do it there. If you look on YouTube it may show you. If your spelling looks correct to you though and you can’t visually see any mistakes then I’m not sure getting it read out loud would help. My phone isn’t able to understand your typing enough to read it all.

I imagine it’s possible to get your phone to read things to you but I have an iPhone so I only know how to do it there. If you look on YouTube it may show you. If your spelling looks correct to you though and you can’t visually see any mistakes then I’m not sure getting it read out loud would help. My phone isn’t able to understand your typing enough to read it all.
This was somthing that helped me at uni allthough admitly that was special software.There are times i do see mistakes afterwards its reminding my brain to proof read as well

I have just put Gramley on my laptop, I used to have it when I started writing blogs before during lockdown which helped me.

I have just put Gramley on my laptop, I used to have it when I started writing blogs before during lockdown which helped me.
Grammarly is great! I have it on my laptop, didn’t think to suggest that. It looks like it helps you out!

Yes she has plus as an added bonus she is dyslexic as well :(
They usually partner each other, Sue. One of our grandaughters had both - the family jointly invested in DORE treatment for her which pretty much sorted the dyspraxia to the extent that she became a chef but not the dyslexia, so she used a laptop at school, which gave her a red line under the word she'd spelt wrong and gradually drilled more words into her repertoire. DORE no longer exist unfortunately.

They usually partner each other, Sue. One of our grandaughters had both - the family jointly invested in DORE treatment for her which pretty much sorted the dyspraxia to the extent that she became a chef but not the dyslexia, so she used a laptop at school, which gave her a red line under the word she'd spelt wrong and gradually drilled more words into her repertoire. DORE no longer exist unfortunately.
you can still become a chief with dyspraxia I got myself through a degree with mine. and I have had various jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back