ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i should probelly delete this thread because it seemed i caused trouble which i didn;t ant to do

how do you dealete a theard/

oh when i looked it said they sould be offered as first coice over fgm maybe i miss undertood that
I read it as saying they're at the same level (but definitely preferred to just test strips).

Offer adults with type 1 diabetes a choice of real-time continuous glucose monitoring or intermittently scanned continuous glucose monitoring (isCGM, commonly referred to as ‘flash’) based on their individual preferences, needs, characteristics, and the functionality of the devices available. See box 1 for examples of factors to consider as part of this discussion. [2022]​
A little after box 1 there's

Offer the continuous glucose monitoring device with the lowest cost that meets the person’s identified needs and preferences. [2022]​

It's possible things won't work out as I expect but I don't think it's a reach to assume Libre is going to be the main device offered for a while.

how do you delte theares?

I read it as saying they're at the same level (but definitely preferred to just test strips).

Offer adults with type 1 diabetes a choice of real-time continuous glucose monitoring or intermittently scanned continuous glucose monitoring (isCGM, commonly referred to as ‘flash’) based on their individual preferences, needs, characteristics, and the functionality of the devices available. See box 1 for examples of factors to consider as part of this discussion. [2022]​
A little after box 1 there's

Offer the continuous glucose monitoring device with the lowest cost that meets the person’s identified needs and preferences. [2022]​

It's possible things won't work out as I expect but I don't think it's a reach to assume Libre is going to be the main device offered for a while.
it says a choice

i apllojise again i think my posts are just geting missunderstood a bit
Did you look into the voice dictation I suggested to save you trying to type your messages, and make your communication clearer for everyone?

The Google voice typing is ok but I think there are no full stops or commas which may or may not be an issue

(As shown above)
You just say full stop or comma when using through Siri, as demonstrated here.

it actully does say in these guide lines consider manuel dextertty.

Yes but if you have trouble with strips you have to consider how you will find inserting and removing the transmitter into the sensor which people without issues can find difficult

@rayray119 Perhaps a good option would be to stick to good old finger-pricking but try a different meter? Some need more dexterity than others.

I can’t remember which meter you’ve got?

@rayray119 Perhaps a good option would be to stick to good old finger-pricking but try a different meter? Some need more dexterity than others.

i;ve got the free sytle optuim nero i;m usally find with its just at work.when its cold it seems to have issues next time i'm orkig i think i'll just ty and do the normal i have contour next as well but i was refering to the cgms and it works fine otherwise. it was the cgms i was refering to it. next time at work i'm going to insert the same strip a few times if it gives me error and also warm it up in my hands before hand.

Yes but if you have trouble with strips you have to consider how you will find inserting and removing the transmitter into the sensor which people without issues can find difficult
some peole say its eaiser some people say its not 🙂 how can delete this thread as i've acdentillty caused problems and i'm verry sorry for this

Yes, I saw that about the CGMs 🙂 I was thinking of your earlier problems when you used a large number of strips trying to get them to work. Whether that’s a dexterity issue or just that the meter doesn’t suit you, trying a different meter would be a possible solution.

Some meters are more fussy about the cold than others, and some seem to throw up an awful lot more error messages than others.

I must admit none of the ones I've had have been particularly friendly from that perspective, in that they've all required you to get a drop of blood to the end of the strip pretty accurately. They've varied in how much blood you need (the Libre strips need way more than the Accu-Chek one I was using, for example).

Any examples of some that require less dexterity? (I'm fine with my current meter for the foreseeable future, but it would be interesting to see what's available now.)

(Now I come to think of it, the old meter I had for BM test strips was even worse (it needed putting a drop on the strip, waiting a particular length of time, then wiping it off, then (I think) waiting for a bit before inserting it into the reader). Fortunately I can't imagine anyone going back to those.)

Yes, I saw that about the CGMs 🙂 I was thinking of your earlier problems when you used a large number of strips trying to get them to work. Whether that’s a dexterity issue or just that the meter doesn’t suit you, trying a different meter would be a possible solution.

Some meters are more fussy about the cold than others, and some seem to throw up an awful lot more error messages than others.
when i did have a few contour next strips i was kindlly given i found them find to use but dont know about the cold.. but i don't know how. when i was frst diinosed which was given gulco areo 2k which was just a night mare for me use. i even ended given myslef inullin without knowing the number sometimes big mistake.

I must admit none of the ones I've had have been particularly friendly from that perspective, in that they've all required you to get a drop of blood to the end of the strip pretty accurately. They've varied in how much blood you need (the Libre strips need way more than the Accu-Chek one I was using, for example).

Any examples of some that require less dexterity? (I'm fine with my current meter for the foreseeable future, but it would be interesting to see what's available now.)

(Now I come to think of it, the old meter I had for BM test strips was even worse (it needed putting a drop on the strip, waiting a particular length of time, then wiping it off, then (I think) waiting for a bit before inserting it into the reader). Fortunately I can't imagine anyone going back to those.)
are acucheck cheaper strips?

i'm considering just going back to finger pricking because of stress and stuff but i think what about patens and when i want to test my basel. the one thing that giive me a bit of piece of mind was the alerms when sleeping. but these dont work now. thank you for trying to help everyone and sorry for if it sounded like i was snaping at you.

when i was posted that theard i was on a difernt meter 🙂

@Bruce Stephens For sheer simplicity, I find the Freestyle Lite meter very good. You just shove the strip in and you only need the tiniest bit of blood plus you can apply it to either side of the strip.

The AccuChek meter (I’ve forgotten it’s name - is it Mobile, can’t remember) is good because all the strips are in a drum. So it’s easy to do one-handed or out and about, and the finger-pricker is attached to the side and has its own little drum of lancets too, so no fiddling with those. However, it does need a bit more blood and can initially be tricky to get it in the right place. It’s been very good at low temperatures though for me, but I don’t know what its minimum is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back