ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it would be better to work out why you test so often and reduce the tests than source unlimited test strips. Isn’t fun pricking your finger constantly.
you even said yourslef its i impordent to test if you dont feal right. when on another trheard i said i diddnt test and asumed it was anxeitiy.

like right now i'm leaving it test until before dinner because the last test said 8.8 and i'm not plaing to much in betwen there

What issued did you have with diabox? There is a dedicated group on Facebook I'm sure someone could help you on there, I'd be willing to help if I could but I'm no expert having only used it myself for just over 2 weeks

just thought i mettion the failled tests strips were actullty before aplly blood to them so it wasn't my testing methond 🙂

What issued did you have with diabox? There is a dedicated group on Facebook I'm sure someone could help you on there, I'd be willing to help if I could but I'm no expert having only used it myself for just over 2 weeks
xdrip not dia box. i think using a diffent sensor may actully work out cheeper for me but yes i am condersing giving up the libre becuase of all the isuuses i'm having. hopfully i might be abble try someting else soon

which would probelly be cheaper if it worked better. because they supose to be avbble as first optien soom, so i'm hoping thats verry soom and then i may get on better they seem eaiser for someone thats dypraxic to aplly as well, that might be where i'm going wrong with the libre 🙂

xdrip not dia box. i think using a diffent sensor may actully work out cheeper for me but yes i am condersing giving up the libre becuase of all the isuuses i'm having. hopfully i might be abble try someting else soon
give diabox a go, it's by far easier to set up and get going than xdrip

Using a different sensor wouldn't work out cheaper as it doesn't cost the NHS any money when a sensor fails, Dexcom only last 10 days per sensor and aren't without their problems as @Pumper_Sue mentioned elsewhere

I know it isn't advised but have you thought about placing your Libre in an alternative site? xx

You can convince yourself as much as you like, but bottom line is that if you can not attach the Libre properly then I doubt you will manage the Dexcom.

Very few people have Dexcom on prescription at the moment either and in all honesty I doubt this will change due to the very tight restraints on the NHS.

You need to sit down with your DSN and go through with him or her how to attach your sensor.

I must admit that reading or trying to read your posts is very frustrating, because every time someone makes a suggestion you shoot it down in flames or say what you wrote isn't what you meant.
People spend a lot of time trying to help so at the end of the day it's very demoralising each time the goal posts are changed.

As the written word is so difficult for you I honestly think for your own safety and do quote the reasonable adjustment, you need to ask for one to one tuition so you know how to use your equipment properly.

You can convince yourself as much as you like, but bottom line is that if you can not attach the Libre properly then I doubt you will manage the Dexcom.

Very few people have Dexcom on prescription at the moment either and in all honesty I doubt this will change due to the very tight restraints on the NHS.

You need to sit down with your DSN and go through with him or her how to attach your sensor.

I must admit that reading or trying to read your posts is very frustrating, because every time someone makes a suggestion you shoot it down in flames or say what you wrote isn't what you meant.
People spend a lot of time trying to help so at the end of the day it's very demoralising each time the goal posts are changed.

As the written word is so difficult for you I honestly think for your own safety and do quote the reasonable adjustment, you need to ask for one to one tuition so you know how to use your equipment properly.
but its worh a try to see if i can though.

but its worh a try to see if i can though.
What at £50 a time? In your dreams I suspect the answer will be. Learn to use what you have first.
Do you have a compatible phone for the Dexcom? If not you will need one or cough up about £300 for a receiver.

this was
What at £50 a time? In your dreams I suspect the answer will be. Learn to use what you have first.
Do you have a compatible phone for the Dexcom? If not you will need one or cough up about £300 for a receiver.
i'm not going to until they do become avaiblle to everryone the reason i said it might save cost and a a group im agrre is if does work better then i ould be asking for the libre.

sorry i didnt mean for it come across that why. i'm not shoting people i'm verry sorry it sounded like that.

thank you for sujesstions and sorry for any misunderstandings i caused i'm someone who hates upseting people so i deeplly apojise

but wernt cgms going to be made avaible at some point over fgms?

but re\lly this is no ciristing its just mean explaing i know it wasn't my tecguie on saterday but form now one when its cold i'll try to remember to warm it up in my hands before puting the strip in

but wernt cgms going to be made avaible at some point over fgms?
I think they're recommending some form of CGM, either rtCGM or isCGM. (Where isCGM means intermittently scanned CGM, aka FGM.)

My guess (which may well not be quite right) is that most of us will get Libre 2 (and eventually Libre 3), and when it seems worthwhile, people will be offered something else like Dexcom. (And that may be because they're using a pump which can interoperate with some non-Libre CGM, or because they're allergic to the Libre glue. Something like that. And maybe if some of the other CGMs become competitive in price then they'll replace Libre to some extent.)

but re\lly this is no ciristing its just mean explaing i know it wasn't my tecguie on saterday but form now one when its cold i'll try to remember to warm it up in my hands before puting the strip in
I don't know what monitor you have but I wonder if your problem with it is that you are not applying your blood quickly enough so it 'times out'. I always prick my finger to get the blood drop then put the strip into the monitor and touch the strip onto the drop of blood and allow it to suck enough in to fill but not overfill the the strip.

I think they're recommending some form of CGM, either rtCGM or isCGM. (Where isCGM means intermittently scanned CGM, aka FGM.)

My guess (which may well not be quite right) is that most of us will get Libre 2 (and eventually Libre 3), and when it seems worthwhile, people will be offered something else like Dexcom. (And that may be because they're using a pump which can interoperate with some non-Libre CGM, or because they're allergic to the Libre glue. Something like that. And maybe if some of the other CGMs become competitive in price then they'll replace Libre to some extent.)
oh when i looked it said they sould be offered as first coice over fgm maybe i miss undertood that

I don't know what monitor you have but I wonder if your problem with it is that you are not applying your blood quickly enough so it 'times out'. I always prick my finger to get the blood drop then put the strip into the monitor and touch the strip onto the drop of blood and allow it to suck enough in to fill but not overfill the the strip.
it was as soom as i put the strip in i know it was cold because it happened before when i worked but then was fine as soom as i put the strip in.

i apllojise again i think my posts are just geting missunderstood a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back