ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately @rayray119 I can not understand what you have written, my brain can not translate it :(
I meant this time it was a guinue obersation i was actutlly senisablely keeping an eye on it saterday with finger picks instead.

How frequently are you testing with finger pricks when you are at work? Is this on top of a Libre or are you currently without Libre? Sometimes Libre can make you too reliant on testing, rather than learning to listen to your body. I used to have a break from Libre every few months to reset my reliance on it. It can get a bit intensive.

How frequently are you testing with finger pricks when you are at work? Is this on top of a Libre or are you currently without Libre? Sometimes Libre can make you too reliant on testing, rather than learning to listen to your body. I used to have a break from Libre every few months to reset my reliance on it. It can get a bit intensive
I removed mine on saterday due to the masive varrience the reason i havent apllyed another one is because i have got a new phone on the way. I tests a fair bit at work to be fair on saterday but as i said the amount of strips wernt all proper tests. They also dont like to give me needles ive just put a not on there saying that 5 a day was the verry bear miiuin and it doesnt allow for snacks correction dose meals that mutiple injections and fluaitty needles

But sometimes because of my doctors tellong me not to use so manny test strips i have sometimes ended up trusting my libre when i shouldnt have.
You should be testing before you inject and if you feel hypo and the sensor says you are not. That's all.
No worries I have MS so my brain doesn't always work things out as it should, it's not your fault 🙂

I do think though at the rate you are going the Libre will be taken away from you because if it isn't working as you claim they wont pay for it and quite rightly so. You will be told to do finger pricks instead.
No matter how busy you are they are more than adequate for people to use. I worked on a farm all my working life and for some of that time there were no test strips as had not been invented. Test strips were a great improvement in the 80's as on call 24/7 with calving's, lambing and or foaling.

To sort your control out so things settle for you try avoiding snacks for the time being and stick to regular meals, or have a carb free snack. 🙂

You should be testing before you inject and if you feel hypo and the sensor says you are not. That's all.

No worries I have MS so my brain doesn't always work things out as it should, it's not your fault 🙂

I do think though at the rate you are going the Libre will be taken away from you because if it isn't working as you claim they wont pay for it and quite rightly so. You will be told to do finger pricks instead.
No matter how busy you are they are more than adequate for people to use. I worked on a farm all my working life and for some of that time there were no test strips as had not been invented. Test strips were a great improvement in the 80's as on call 24/7 with calving's, lambing and or foaling.

To sort your control out so things settle for you try avoiding snacks for the time being and stick to regular meals, or have a carb free snack.
Ive been told my controll is good snd im doing well. The libte probelly will get taken a away im been told not to scared of having snacks by my team. Thats why i want to try a differnt sensor to see if it works betet then i will proberrly be using less test strips. I must just over epissize things on here that makes people think my controll is worst then it is fair enough because i iffen think that.

Ive been told my controll is good snd im doing well. The libte probelly will get taken a away im been told not to scared of having snacks by my team. Thats why i want to try a differnt sensor to see if it works betet then i will proberrly be using less test strips. I must just over epissize things on here that makes people think my controll is worst then it is fair enough because i iffen think that.
Just to mettion that wasny a criiruse just that i think i miss comcated stuff

It was hust because the one o had on saterday was being supper out. So i woyldnt had sback when it actullty turned out i needed di so if i trust my sensor if i get one thats only a bit out then between meals at least i trust it. Saterdays sensor was just a really fluaity sensor. I still goinh to have snacks if i want one as its taken me long time to pick up the corvege to do that and i dint wabt to undo that progress.

Sorry if ive given the the impression that my controll is bad

If i hadn

Thats what i meant there have been these times i trusted it because of doctors mooning at me

Another reason for using finger pricks on sayerday was that my phone had died around 3pm

I would have been stoped from working again for a bit if i trusted the sensor i had on on saterday. Because when i got home form work i was 4.9. I did snack on shuft so imjaie if i hadmt had that stack what my number would have been if i went of the sesnor

Im going to hope one i replace will last longer and i wint be useing so many and do that thibf of setlleing down afyer 24 hours or so because my last one didnt

Have you thought about using Voice dictation to type your messages here? I don't mean to be insulting so don’t take it that way, but you might find it easier to communicate. For example on my iPhone I wrote this whole message just by speaking. I just said hey Siri turn on voice control, said my message out loud, and it writes it in here for me. When I'm finished I just asked Siri to turn off voice control.

so i'll just demostate why i find i need to test as well the verry first scan i did with my new sesnor said was 5.2 when i was actully 3.5 thats why i did test if i belived the 5.2 i would havent treeted the low

Did you feel hypo? If so, then it is recommended to check with a finger prick if Libre doesn't correspond to how you feel.

I think most of us accept that Libre isn't always terribly accurate from the get go and if that was the first scan that wouldn't concern me too much at this stage. How long in advance of starting it did you apply it. Most of us try to give it at least a day to settle before we start it, which does seem to help with it's early performance.

Did you feel hypo? If so, then it is recommended to check with a finger prick if Libre doesn't correspond to how you feel.

I think most of us accept that Libre isn't always terribly accurate from the get go and if that was the first scan that wouldn't concern me too much at this stage. How long in advance of starting it did you apply it. Most of us try to give it at least a day to settle before we start it, which does seem to help with it's early performance.
funny enough it was onlly after i scaned it i started feeling skaky onlly after i thought i beer test because of it being out a bit. i apllyed a good few hours after inserting it may be that it just havent caught up however because of me catching hypos before the libre does or me sorting them out qucikky enough for the libre to forgot about it looks to team i dnt have any when i do

My Libre is the other way and shows me having a lot of hypos when I don't have quite that many because it almost always reads about 1mmol lower than BG. Hopefully most clinicians will be learning, like we are, that Libre just gives a guide to what is going on rather than taking the results at total face value. My BG meter will show that some of the hypos Libre records are not that low and when I feel hypo as well as Libre showing me low, I often don't double check with a finger prick because it is just a waste of a strip.

well i'll see how this libre goes i will still prick for lows exta. if i get couple of matchs i'll genaully start trusting it more at least between meals where was a time i didn't use any in a day once. i was a bit more trusting of the libre back then even at meal times before they all starting failing extra.
Oh heck I can relate to this, now i seem to have too many.. You need to tell your Dr, that asuming you receive one tub a month that its not enough..
no this time it probelly was me

My Libre is the other way and shows me having a lot of hypos when I don't have quite that many because it almost always reads about 1mmol lower than BG. Hopefully most clinicians will be learning, like we are, that Libre just gives a guide to what is going on rather than taking the results at total face value. My BG meter will show that some of the hypos Libre records are not that low and when I feel hypo as well as Libre showing me low, I often don't double check with a finger prick because it is just a waste of a strip.
i'm afaird i'll have still finger prick for lows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back