ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I think that's pretty poor advice.
The libre us at least 2-3 out worse in double figures if the poster is carb counting she need to have an exact blood test not a 5 minute old interstitual fluid reading.
I use a libre but always blood test before meals.
Even if not accurate th libre us invaluable to know if you're ⬆️⬇️ or ➡️
That wasn’t the only problem and when things weren’t acurrte not even the double finances. There always stoped working. Some people they just don’t work for it seemed like I was one of the unlikely ones like I said the big problem was them stoping working as well as the other stuff

aparnlety contour next one works as low as 5 degrees but I don't think they would agree to give strips for that one.

aparnlety contour next one works as low as 5 degrees but I don't think they would agree to give strips for that one.

Your GP surgery really isnt supposed to be limiting your access to test strips according to the NICE guidelines :(

I like a bit of simple home science. So, to help you out @rayray119 I performed a small experiment using my Accu-Chek Aviva Nano glucose meter (specs are shown below) with a listed working range of 6°C to 44°C

Experiment
I have a thermometer in my refrigerator which shows 4°C, I took my meter out of my trouser pocket and put it into the fridge for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes I took the cold meter out of the fridge and took a finger test. The test result matches my Libre.

Outcome
A good low temperature, compact meter.

View attachment 20226
Only problem is that it’s not made any more… https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/meters/performa-nano

Your GP surgery really isnt supposed to be limiting your access to test strips according to the NICE guidelines :(
that comment was more about a particular meter(which aparllty has a lower operating temperature in a cold). but my change of doctors didn't help(I've got a test I've got a cannot to reorder until the date on everything including needles and insulin) and unfouniity its not just GPS as well. at the moment I'm getting around by ordering some as soon as can however manny i got left(which is why i still got others left)(someone kindly sent me some once) but I'm sure that will stop working. the hospital actually changed my meter because it was cheaper(although i since heard there not suppose to chose for you is that right?). i thought that might stop the limit apartlyy not though. my old GPS were so bad before that they actually refused to give me more at times knowing I. had perry much run out(which ended up with me paying for them as it was oberisoully dangerous to be without them, I think I might complain about that to maybe stop it happening to someone else)
I like a bit of simple home science. So, to help you out @rayray119 I performed a small experiment using my Accu-Chek Aviva Nano glucose meter (specs are shown below) with a listed working range of 6°C to 44°C

Experiment
I have a thermometer in my refrigerator which shows 4°C, I took my meter out of my trouser pocket and put it into the fridge for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes I took the cold meter out of the fridge and took a finger test. The test result matches my Libre.

Outcome
A good low temperature, compact meter.

View attachment 20226
thanks the hospital actually gave me the wave sense jazz because its cheaper I heard the aqacheck is quite expensive so don't think they would allow me to have that one. i suppose i could also ask and explain it might work better for my job(as I can be working offen in temperatures less than 10'c hopefully keeping in pocket works even if its 5oc degrees outside) I didn't have any issues on Saturday morning after my 40-minute work after keeping in my inside pocket not sure how cold it was though.

I’ve never found that my meters been to cold to work It’s an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert (they no longer make them) it’s me who’s too cold to get any blood!

Do you want to build a snowman?
At the Christmas light switch on I couldn't get any blood for a finger prick and my phone was adamant that it didn’t want to scan the Libre

If all else fails, it's OK to eat something, and sort it out later.
I did and thanks. I spiked up to 18 an hour later but a correction sorted that

Ive not starting using them yet as I said I will soom my other one is the same tempture range still have a limit though.

And that’s it’s my team know about job but are still on doctors side as least some of them are

Freestyle optim Nero is also 10 degrees

Sorry but I think that's pretty poor advice.
The libre us at least 2-3 out worse in double figures if the poster is carb counting she need to have an exact blood test not a 5 minute old interstitual fluid reading.
I use a libre but always blood test before meals.
Even if not accurate th libre us invaluable to know if you're ⬆️⬇️ or ➡️
No offence meant but I suggest you read the whole thread before making judgement and offering poor advice yourself.

If you can do a bit of research, you can then discuss your requirements and options with the guys who can change your prescriptions.
Just reread this all they seem to care about when it comes to testing is how much the test strips costs which is why the they switched it. The only reason i have others left is because of system i was using before to delay(someone once sent me a few box’s as well)

keeping it inside pocket seems to be working so far hopefully it will still work the same when I do make the switch to wave sense one which will probably be in the next few days(as well as it being easy enough to use out and about etc I can generally use the freestyle option while standing up etc which sometimes at work I have to. so let's hoe the other one is as easy when I used to once in the evening as an emergency though it seemed okay to use(and only require a very small amount of blood but I was at home )

keeping it inside pocket seems to be working so far hopefully it will still work the same when I do make the switch to wave sense one which will probably be in the next few days(as well as it being easy enough to use out and about etc I can generally use the freestyle option while standing up etc which sometimes at work I have to. so let's hoe the other one is as easy when I used to once in the evening as an emergency though it seemed okay to use(and only require a very small amount of blood but I was at home )
This wavesense jazz meter is honestly a pain, so i'm really pleased keeping it in your inside pocket works. The highest temperature that i've had the "it's too cold to test" message at so far is inside my house at 16.5 degrees c

This wavesense jazz meter is honestly a pain, so i'm really pleased keeping it in your inside pocket works. The highest temperature that i've had the "it's too cold to test" message at so far is inside my house at 16.5 degrees c
No sorry I’ve not starting using yet i referring to the other one. But it just specify the same operating temperature it doesn’t work im going to have to insist my team channge back but hopefully it will work

@everydayupsanddowns do you know if there actually allowed to change you over simply because it’s cheaper(I didn’t think much of it at the time)

@everydayupsanddowns do you know if there actually allowed to change you over simply because it’s cheaper(I didn’t think much of it at the time)

Well the 2015 NICE guidance recommends that the meter should be chosen in conversation with the person with T1, and taking their needs into account:

Empowering people to self‑monitor blood glucose​

1.6.17 When choosing blood glucose meters:
  • take the needs of the adult with type 1 diabetes into account
  • ensure that meters meet current ISO standards. [2015]
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng17/chapter/Recommendations#blood-glucose-management

So the recommendation (not requirement) is that the meter suits you, first and foremost, and that it must be reliably accurate.

Well the 2015 NICE guidance recommends that the meter should be chosen in conversation with the person with T1, and taking their needs into account:

Empowering people to self‑monitor blood glucose​

1.6.17 When choosing blood glucose meters:
  • take the needs of the adult with type 1 diabetes into account
  • ensure that meters meet current ISO standards. [2015]
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng17/chapter/Recommendations#blood-glucose-management

So the recommendation (not requirement) is that the meter suits you, first and foremost, and that it must be reliably accurate.
so it that case if one was more sturbem in the cold then others it wouldn’t suit me because of work because of me work(however from experience I don’t think they pay much attention to nice guidelines with regards to testing)

well looks like i'm going to start using it today(admillty I do seem stockpile strips now kind of of that's only to delay problems of not being able to get any when needed hope no one judges this method 🙂 well by that I mean ordering when I can whatever the amount I have left is, there may be a time that stops working ) but i'm little bit of weireing of the wae sense jazz not just the potential of it being useless in the cold but the other things I heard about it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back