ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a list for my next consultant appointment (which is by telephone) I find it a lot easier if I know what I want to say rather than a conversation with someone where I don't know where the conversation will go.

@Robin I find it amazing, spooky even, how many similarities there are between us, both with our diabetes management, interests and general way of thinking. I had a much loved Auntie down in Oxford.... I'm starting to wonder if you are a long lost cousin!!
Ha! I only ended up in Oxfordshire by accident because that’s where my husband was living when I met him, maybe there’s something in the water!

going back to the libre thing there's someone I know who apparently said she found it very difficult to apply. shes know the Dexcom. I know I'm not going to get it but it does show that some people find it easier. maybe it's something to do with the fact you can put it more places it's interesting.

Although Libre isn't approved for use anywhere else it doesn't stop people trying alternative sites for it, some with great results, you wouldn't get a replacement if you told them it had been placed elsewhere and you can't use it for driving if placed elsewhere but it doesn't put people off from at least trying it before giving it up completely

Although Libre isn't approved for use anywhere else it doesn't stop people trying alternative sites for it, some with great results, you wouldn't get a replacement if you told them it had been placed elsewhere and you can't use it for driving if placed elsewhere but it doesn't put people off from at least trying it before giving it up completely
yeah, I'm just someone that likes to follow rules 🙂 but it is interesting how some people find one easier then the other and vs visa 🙂

I do see the benefit of having some sort of sensor if they worked and I was able to think logically in that able to know which way it was going to act on it accordingly but the libre just didn't seem to work for me.

Well my team are changing me to wave sense jazz strips because they cheaper but doing some research here they also stugke in the cold apartnty.

Lots of meters struggle in the cold. My Caresens Dual is hopeless when I am out in the cold. I find my Libre with it's rechargeable battery better and my consultant has very kindly agreed to change me over to Libre test strips and blood ketone strips. I then just need to keep my sensor on my arm warm enough for the button battery in it to cope. I have been known to go out in the winter to exercise with bare arms and Libre really doesn't like to get cold, even though it is attached to my arm. If I put a warm hand over the sensor for a couple of minutes it warms up enough to read, so I know it is the sensor that's too cold and not the reader. I am guessing that button batteries are more temp sensitive.

I have just got into the habit of popping the Caresens BG meter into my bra for a few minutes if I am out and it got cold and I needed to warm it up to test.... usually wasted a test strip half way through trying to test each time too due to the meter shutting down just as I applied blood. Looking forward to not having to carry it and just have my Libre reader for everything and the rechargeable battery is better for the environment anyway.

Yes I'll try and finger out a way to get it warn enough on cold days at work once I start using it

Wavesense jazz wireless defines “cold” as “below 20c” though, so my meter has to go in my bra/armpit/knee every time I test. Even when inside.

They have me that one a dictate one the instructionn book I got with it says 10 I do have pocket thing I keep my stuff in.

Wavesense jazz wireless defines “cold” as “below 20c” though, so my meter has to go in my bra/armpit/knee every time I test. Even when inside.
I'm used wavejazz strips once 1 night and they were fine inside I night use the not wireless one

I'm used wavejazz strips once 1 night and they were fine inside I night use the not wireless one
The wireless one has a different temperature range

Hmm strange I was just comparing the booklets the wireless booklet says 10 degrees the other booklet says 21 degrees. But information on the internet says 10 degrees for that one too. I’ve not starting using them yet. I was just trying to work out what. I am going to be keeping whatever metter I have with me in my inside pocket now in the hope it keeps it warm enough for me to take it out for a minute to test and hopefully it will stop being a issue soom once the weather gets better still might be quite cold at night sometimes I’m sure I’ll mange somehow.

Hmm strange I was just comparing the booklets the wireless booklet says 10 degrees the other booklet says 21 degrees.
Can't be 21 degrees, surely? That's a slightly cool room, not very cold at all. 10 degrees would be much more likely.

Can't be 21 degrees, surely? That's a slightly cool room, not very cold at all. 10 degrees would be much more likely.
I’ve not starting using either of them yet. But yes they do both say 10 but was looking at this message

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
Which makes sense, of course. If it looks like it's failing because it's too cold, try again at a temperature closer to normal.
Like I said I’ve not starting using it yet will do once I’m out of strips for my other one I’m going to try keeping it an inside pocket

It genuinely is… I get the temperature too low error when inside my kitchen at about 15-16c in a morning before I’ve put the heating on.

It genuinely is… I get the temperature too low error when inside my kitchen at about 15-16c in a morning before I’ve put the heating on.
That’s wired when both bocklets say operating temperature 10oc which what the metter I’m still using according to the internet is I’m going for keep what metter il using in my inside pocket now to hope it stays warm enough.

I think it would be a good idea if you ditched the Libre as you are so paranoid about your blood sugars. The rate you are going you will end up with a massive melt down and fit for nothing.

Blood sugars do change. Your Libre is reading your results from the previous 15 mins. It's not a then and there result.

Nobody ever has perfect numbers 24/7. if you feel a bit low suck a couple of glucose tablets and carry on.
If you relax, your numbers will improve as well as stress can cause high numbers.
Sorry but I think that's pretty poor advice.
The libre us at least 2-3 out worse in double figures if the poster is carb counting she need to have an exact blood test not a 5 minute old interstitual fluid reading.
I use a libre but always blood test before meals.
Even if not accurate th libre us invaluable to know if you're ⬆️⬇️ or ➡️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back