Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping to 1.9 is ridiculous!
Insulin & diet need adjusting pronto

Beccy, I am glad your Mum is looking after you and we'll done for eating more yesterday.

Unfortunately you will keep having these hypos and feeling so ill, if you are taking too much insulin. Keep contacting any doctor you can until they listen. Remember, keep eating the bread, cereal, grains etc to stop it going so low. You can do this 🙂

Remember too that you don’t need to make big changes to your insulin dose. It’s far better to take tiny steps down until you find the right level for you. Nobody is talking about drastically cutting down your Toujeo, just a small reduction to hopefully help reduce your hypos. You will know when you’re at the right amount of Toujeo because your blood sugar will be up in a more normal range, and you’ll have far fewer hypos.

If you’re still not happy reducing your Toujeo, you’ll have to eat more carbs consistently over the day - that is, more carbs at breakfast, lunch and evening meal, and probably a bigger bedtime snack too.

Really sorry to read that you are still getting these very dangerous hypos Beccy and disappointed that you haven't reduced that Toujeo dose..... You should be more frightened of these hypos, which could kill you, than what a doctor might think if you go against his advice. Really worried about you but pleased your mother is there with you.
10% reduction is a usual starting point for basal adjustment which would be 8 units if you are on 80 but if you are frightened to do that, start with a bit less and do it in small steps as @Inka suggests.

And IT I not okey that you say i am not scared of this hypo. Then you dont know anything about me. Thank you!

Ye
Thank you. ❤️

Really sorry to read that you are still getting these very dangerous hypos Beccy and disappointed that you haven't reduced that Toujeo dose..... You should be more frightened of these hypos, which could kill you, than what a doctor might think if you go against his advice. Really worried about you but pleased your mother is there with you.
10% reduction is a usual starting point for basal adjustment which would be 8 units if you are on 80 but if you are frightened to do that, start with a bit less and do it in small steps as @Inka suggests.
You hurtet me Just you know.

Delighted to hear that you have reduced your Toujeo. Why didn't you tell us that before as it is something that we have all wanted to hear. When did you make that reduction and was it your decision or instruction from a doctor?

Delighted to hear that you have reduced your Toujeo. Why didn't you tell us that before as it is something that we have all wanted to hear. When did you make that reduction and was it your decision or instruction from a doctor?
I dont know. 5 days ago i think. Was mye idea. The doctor was not agree

I am sorry if I hurt you. It was not my intention and I was not saying that you are not frightened of the hypos but just that you seemed to be more frightened about doing something different to what the doctor was telling you. I can understand that as doctors are important people and with most things we trust them with our lives and health, but when the advice is clearly making you very ill, sometimes you have to think for yourself. That takes a lot of courage, so I am really pleased that you have taken that step.

Thank you. Los another 3 kilos so my bmi is under 20 now. I try to eat more to because i am not a big fan of food. I eat now 4 meals of Day and 3 small snack

I dont know but my weight are under 60 kilos and i am 174 hight. 58 kilos the weigt this morning

I am sorry if I hurt you. It was not my intention and I was not saying that you are not frightened of the hypos but just that you seemed to be more frightened about doing something different to what the doctor was telling you. I can understand that as doctors are important people and with most things we trust them with our lives and health, but when the advice is clearly making you very ill, sometimes you have to think for yourself. That takes a lot of courage, so I am really pleased that you have taken that step.
19.2bmi

My back is hurting me so today i cant do much. Ihave some problems there. Prolaps and some another difficoulds problem.

You need to reduce your Toujeo again if you are still getting hypos, particularly bad ones like 1.9 They normally recommend you to make a change and leave it 3 days to see how that works before changing it again, although if you continue to hypo, you don't need to wait 3 days. If it was about 5 days and you have had another nasty hypo today then you should certainly think about making another reduction in the dose tomorrow morning.

You have said before that you want to lose weight? Is that still the case because you are currently a reasonably healthy weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back