Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning folks - 7.8 for me today.

Good morning I'm very happy with my 6.4 🙂

Morning 5.7 today and so far we have sunshine rather than torrential rain....score!

Morning all. 6.1 for me and a trip to IKEA in the offing.
Thanks for reminding me, Khskel. We bought an Ikea bed recently but the only fitted sheets that fit are from...you guessed it, Ikea! Happy shopping.🙂

Morning folks.🙂 5.8 here.😛

It's amazing - I've moved my Lantus to 10pm (from 9pm) and got rid of a post-lunch mega-dip and a pre-dinner mega-rise. I wonder if there'll be some kind of pay back tho...😱🙄

Hi all, quick drop in & out for me today, late for work! 4.4 this morning. Hope to catch up with you all later xx

6.1 for me but quite pleased as I went to bed on 6.8. Feeling like I could eat everything this morning though! Xx

Morning all, i'm still on the high numbers a 9.5 for me today. I went to the gp yesterday (saw a different one than I normally do, but he was one of the diabetic ones) and he said that I shouldnt worry about it!!! But I still do. He said that I test too much and that people on insulin dont test as much as me! I test between 4 and 6 times a day, before and after meals usually, which did annoy me a bit. He said to rely more on my HbA1c results rather than my daily readings. My next HbA1c test is due at the start of June. I might make an appointment to see the gp that I usually see, I actually left the surgery in tears yesterday evening.

Morning all, i'm still on the high numbers a 9.5 for me today. I went to the gp yesterday (saw a different one than I normally do, but he was one of the diabetic ones) and he said that I shouldnt worry about it!!! But I still do. He said that I test too much and that people on insulin dont test as much as me! I test between 4 and 6 times a day, before and after meals usually, which did annoy me a bit. He said to rely more on my HbA1c results rather than my daily readings. My next HbA1c test is due at the start of June. I might make an appointment to see the gp that I usually see, I actually left the surgery in tears yesterday evening.
Erm, I'm on insulin and I test between 6-8 times a day 🙄 And you are right, waking to a 9.5 is not OK, what planet does he live on? Sounds like he hasn't been brought into the 21st century yet, I'd like to 'educate' him! 😱 Don't take it to heart Stitch, book an appointment with the other GP, this one probably doesn't have a clue about MODY anyway, and not a great deal about Type 2 it seems 🙄

Erm, I'm on insulin and I test between 6-8 times a day 🙄 And you are right, waking to a 9.5 is not OK, what planet does he live on? Sounds like he hasn't been brought into the 21st century yet, I'd like to 'educate' him! 😱 Don't take it to heart Stitch, book an appointment with the other GP, this one probably doesn't have a clue about MODY anyway, and not a great deal about Type 2 it seems 🙄

When he said that people on insulin dont test that much I was shocked and thought really!!! Im going to make an appointment with the other gp that I like.

Oh don't be brought down by the idiocy of others who should know better Stitch. I'm not on medication and my GP still gives me enough strips to test 4/5 times a day. This doctor doesn't have to live with the consequences so trust your own instincts and we'll have a whip round to send him on a desperately needed retraining course!
They need to restrict him to verucca and wart care! 🙄

Stitch, as my old DSN used to say, who treats your diabetes? And the answer is You Do. With help/hindrance of hcps of course but its your D and you know how its making you feel. So if you feel hes wrong (which he obviously is) then do something about it-get on that phone and make that appointment. And tell your good GP what that to$$er said to you - hopefully your good GP can have a word and re-educate him.

Oh Stitch {{{hugs}}} don't get upset, he's a dingbat - hope you get better advice from the good GP. And what Northerner and what the others said.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I have an appointment with the better gp in a couple of weeks time. I know its a while off, but id rather wait to see him.

Afternoon all, sorry i'm late, 4.6 for me, And yes @Robin we've had a week of it now, lovely today.

Good afternoon all and just woke up to 6.3 after a night shift 🙂. Couldn't believe I drive home and looked like it had been snowing! Hail and all sorts been coming down. Least it's sunny now.
Stitch I'm glad you're going back to see the other GP. Its good you have a 'good' one who listens and understands things 🙂

Back