Group 7-day waking average?

Good luck today Flower.

Good morning! A reasonable 6.3 for me today after a hair raising 14.2 at bedtime last night!! First time I've set my monitor off bleeping like that for a while o_O

Some screams, ouchs and arghhs this morning. Hope things improve Kooky, flower and Boden.

A 6.8 for me which I'm happy with at the moment. Be nice when my voice eventually returns though maybe not everyone would agree! 😉

morning all 5.9 for me.

Good morning. I'm with you Flower on 5.4 today.
Hope your foot feels better once the cast is sorted.

5.8 this morning, which is a bit high for me. Probably something to do with staying at my moms for a few days (either the stress or slightly out of my food routine!)

Good morning all and 6.6 today.
Hope your pain eases after spot Flower 🙂

Sorry that was meant to read after your appt!

Morning 🙂 5.4 for me today.
Off to plaster room and podiatry today as I have one of those agonising heel splits under my plaster cast and need help!! Ouch it hurts, stupid feet ggrrr!

Keep giving your BG the Barbara Woodhouse treatment Bloden it's the best way 😉

Hahaha, Barbara Woodhouse, I like it.🙂

Hope the appt went well, Flower, and they managed to stop the pain.😳🙂

It's just my seasonal Ali Gs, but thanks everyone for the sympathy.🙄 Half an hour on the ex bike sorted out my hyper, dim prob!

Well I've been super high all day! Just been swimming, did another 24 lengths and my numbers have gone UP to 19 :(

I rang up today to make an earlier appointment with my DSN so seeing her on Tuesday!

Well I've been super high all day! Just been swimming, did another 24 lengths and my numbers have gone UP to 19 :(

I was surprised when this happened to me for the first time. If you are high when you start exercising you can go higher. I think that it is to do with the increased insulin resistance when BGs are high. I know if I am ill and running high, I have to increase my doses to treat this. remember a rule I read (apologies that I can't remember where) that told me to not to exercise if I was 14 or more. Because I was on Multiple Daily Injections I was able to bring the level down and just delay the start of my exercise. I am not sure what advice there is on this for T2, but I am sure your DSN will be able to advise.

Ive never been told that, I only read it on here the other day! Ive go to the gym every other day and now go swimming whenever I can because I really enjoy it. I don't want to stop because of my blood sugars :( I hope she can help me on Tuesday!!

I'm struggling to find any useful information regarding type 2 and exercise. Most of the information relies on type 2s not being used to exercise. I enjoy exercising and although I'm overweight, I lead a very active life. I'm a student nurse AND go to the gym and now swimming! The past few weeks I've barely been below 13 after meals (like 11ish upon waking) even though my exercise and fitness levels have increased! This is very stressful :(

Morning all 5.8 today and 6.5 units of Tresiba so let's see how that goes, if it doesn't go well the rage may return. I'm starting a thrash metal band called "Rage against the Diabetes" or RAD for short if anyone fancies joining, the first song will be "no thank you I'd rather not do as you tell me" inspired by the Rage Against the Machine song, but with a more polite, more British twist. The second song will be called "death to the Fairy" I think, but we'll see :D

Flower I hope that cracked heel has been sorted (ouch :(), and Rosie I really hope that DSN of yours does something useful when you see her, must really be getting you down now. Happy Thursday to all :D

Good morning 🙂 5.8 for me today 🙂

Rosie, I do hope the DSN can sort something out for your levels. It seems to me that they are pretty consistent with the fact that your medication is simply papering over the cracks - you seem to have a base level of low double figures which suggests to me a lack of insulin rather than insulin resistance, in light of the efforts you have been making. What happened regarding the C-peptide test, have you been able to do it yet?

A high for me 6.6 I fear it was the scone last night. Rosie I hope they get you sorted.

Good morning folks - 7.8 for me again today.

Rosie - hope they sort something out for you soon (((hugs)))

Flower - hope they have sorted out your heel!

Morning all.🙂 8.5 here. It's raining! Does the weather not realise I'm on holiday and require sun, sun, sun?!😎 I'm going to sulk until it comes out (hope sulking doesn't effect my BG).

Good for you, Rosie, putting in so much effort. Make sure the DSN listens and acts this time. You must be so fed up...I'm fed up for you!😱🙂

Good morning all 🙂 and may I join you khskel with 6.6 again?
Good luck today Rosie. Think we are all sharing your frustration and hoping you are soon on the right path. You're trying so hard.

Back