Group 7-day waking average?

Good afternoon all 🙂. Sleeping sickness got the better of me and I had a mad rush to get out to work! Was 7.1 when I did get up.
Sorry there's lots of battles going on today and during last night. Hope you all have a good Friday and weekend though.

Since 2010, didn't test before bed. Also forgot as usual to take my evening dose of metformin.

What is the best times to test, I decided to start testing after Trust Me I'm a doctor. Want to see what foods trigger spikes. Seems I need to do nothing to spike at the mo?
I'd suggest having a read of Jennifer's Advice and Maggie Davey's letter, and Test,Review, Adjust by Alan S - these should all help to put you in the picture about how to understand more about how your diabetes affects you, and how to test efficiently so you don't waste any of those valuable strips 🙂

*pokes head into room to check for Kooky* *whispers* 8 *runs out of room*
couch.gif

Good morning 🙂 3.3 today, how can reducing my basal insulin which is already low through the night result in more hypos? I'm slightly baffled.... :confused:o_O

6.3 for me this morning!
Happy Saturday everyone!

Good morning 🙂 3.3 today, how can reducing my basal insulin which is already low through the night result in more hypos? I'm slightly baffled.... :confused:o_O
Sorry to hear this Flower :( Hope tonight is better for you 🙂 How about NO basal resulting in hypos? 😱 🙄 A pox on you, diabetes! 😱

6.5 for me this morning. Glad you had a successful night, AJ. Have you kicked the Diabetes Fairy out and sent her over to Flower?

Morning all. A 7.3 for me today. I'm of to a Valentine's vintage fair this morning. Hoping for some bargains.

Woke up in a mild panic @ 6:45 as the alarm hadn't gone off 6.7 then realised it was Saturday. 6.5 @ a lazier 8:30.

Sorry to hear this Flower :( Hope tonight is better for you 🙂 How about NO basal resulting in hypos? 😱 🙄 A pox on you, diabetes! 😱

I am fortunate to have something to tweak even if the end result is not what I would expect! Can we try and locate that fairy as I fear her meddling powers are on the rise again!

Good morning all and I'm joining you with 6.5 today Robin 🙂
Good to be awake slightly earlier too!

*pokes head into room to check for Kooky* *whispers* 8 *runs out of room*
couch.gif

I see that tiny number Lynn Davies, even if it so small I had to squint 😉

5.4 today, which is exactly the level I went to bed in, that would be good if I didn't wake up in a hypo drench at 3am then wide awake. I never catch the actual hypo just the sweats and the adrenalin rush that wakes me up and keeps me up. Humbugs!

Flower I have weird reactions to basal levels, quite often I get more hypos when I reduce it, I've sort of worked out that when its too high my liver is compensating quite a lot then when I dial it down I drop more slowly and my liver doesn't feel the need to help....I think:confused:. Try explaining that to a consultant who already thinks you're nuts :D. Hope you get it sorted soon.

A 6.6 clickety click for me.

Hope everyone is gearing up for Valentines...my OH doesn't believe in it so they'll be no cards and flowers for me🙄 I think he's got a point to be honest.

We never do anything for Valentines either - if after 43 years we are still don't know how we feel then we have been doing something wrong for a long time - lol

We're out for dinner tonight, but we're just going to the pub we always go to. 3 course, glass of fizzy pi...... sorry prosecco and a rose for the ladies (that will be for my OH Trev then!) All for £39 per couple, bargain. Still not decided on dessert yet. We get each other a card and that's it.

Morning all. I am considerably hungover. Don't know what happened. Head like a hammer. And 5.3 by the way. Need coffee.

Back