Group 7-day waking average?

morning all, 7.5, up a bit from my recent lower readings.

A 4.6 this morning which is good considering I went to bed with a 14.4
It's a good waking level @Ayesha but it does suggest that your background insulin is possibly set too high for you to drop a whole 10 mmol/l overnight 😱 Have you ever done any basal testing to see if the doses are set correctly for you? Have a read of the following page - getting your basal insulin right is essential, otherwise it can play havoc with anything else you try to do:

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/info/?page_id=120

It's a good waking level @Ayesha but it does suggest that your background insulin is possibly set too high for you to drop a whole 10 mmol/l overnight 😱 Have you ever done any basal testing to see if the doses are set correctly for you? Have a read of the following page - getting your basal insulin right is essential, otherwise it can play havoc with anything else you try to do:

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/info/?page_id=120

Hey, Erm I don't really know my nurse told me to take 8units of lantus Max if I sugar was high before before but with me it's kinda guess work , my nurse didn't really teach me the details but tonight my BG is 4.6 so Iv taken only 6units don't know if that will have any effect on my morning BG but il defo have a read
On that link. Cheers for that

Hey, Erm I don't really know my nurse told me to take 8units of lantus Max if I sugar was high before before but with me it's kinda guess work , my nurse didn't really teach me the details but tonight my BG is 4.6 so Iv taken only 6units don't know if that will have any effect on my morning BG but il defo have a read
On that link. Cheers for that
@Ayesha I'm sorry to say that it sounds like your nurse isn't very knowledgeable :( Lantus is known for the fact that adjustments you make to the dose don't really start to take effect for two or three days, so changing it on a nightly basis according to what your levels happen to be before bed really won't work that well :( Have you ever been on a diabetes course, such as DAFNE, where you are taught to carb count, or are you just adjusting your diabetes according to what your nurse has told you? If you haven't been on a course, please ask about being put on one 🙂

Your lantus is supposed to deal with the trickle of glucose that your liver produces all the time to supply energy to your brain, heart etc. when you are not eating - adjusting it as you have been told will have an effect on your levels all through the next day and make it harder to work out how much fast-acting insulin to take when you eat - you need to take the guesswork out of things as much as possible. How do you work out how much insulin to take with your meals?

Morning campers, 5.6 today, and a lie in till 6:15 woo hoo :D. Nice HS Northerner!

My Valentines plans are a big sloppy kiss from my dog, and a romantic walk In the mud that was once a woodland trail 😉. I did get a card from Godson, and some love hearts, coupled with advice from said youngster (for the second time in 12 months) that I should find someone to marry, largely because I'm really old. He also repeated his advice that I'd be more likely to attract a husband if I wore lipstick, high heels and a dress, because that's what men like 😱. Good to know the under 10's are a more liberated bunch these days!

I've tried that, doesn't work 😱 😉

Well the last time I tried that I fell over and tore my Achilles' tendon, then some geezer suggested I looked like a bloke in drag.....so not a good strategy for me either 😉

You 2 have given me a good giggle this morning. Morning to you all. 7.9 this morning happy with that after 3 course meal last night. I was 7.5 2 hours after eating. I had the Bailey's cheesecake in the end for dessert. Was delicious. X

Good morning folks - What are you two like!!!!
rofl-3e_zpsdzoxnfl9.gif

Oh yes - 7.5 for me today :D

Hehe KookyC and Northerner :D

It's a 3.7 for me after a really low bg day, I switched my pump off for 2 hours yesterday just in case I'd been cured and hadn't been notified but my bg did start to rise so no miracles to report!

Lovely to see a Sunday HS Northerner 🙂

Happy Valentine's Day people🙂. 6.0 for me this morning. Wife got me a selection box of Green & Blacks choccy. Only average at 6g carb per bar!:D

Hang on to your hats......10.2 for me today! Got into a rare muddle last night with unexpected seconds of lemon tart, followed by overcorrection, over-treatment, etc etc. Haven't done that for ages. Note to self, stick to one helping of pud in future!

Good to wake up with a laugh Kooky and Northerner! :D Conjures up some great pictures!
6.7 for me today 🙂

Hang on to your hats......10.2 for me today! Got into a rare muddle last night with unexpected seconds of lemon tart, followed by overcorrection, over-treatment, etc etc. Haven't done that for ages. Note to self, stick to one helping of pud in future!

I was up at 10.4 this morning too Robin 😱 I had a very naughty curry last night, starting a diet tomorrow so it was my last unhealthy meal for a while! 🙄
That reason was at 5am this morning as I dragged my self up for work :(
It's inhumane on a Sunday! Roll on 7pm

Back