Group 7-day waking average?

Jamie was 8 this morning after a night of lows. He has been unwell for a few days so insulin increased and had a lovely steady within range day yesterday UNTIL bedtime when he dropped like a stone. Gave biscuit and jelly babies and monitored every 20 minutes between 11pm and 2am until he started to stabilise. Does anyone else have this problem in the night? Jelly babies in the day seem to work very quickly, at night, so slow. Was then up again at 3am and 5am and finally up at 7am so suffering from sleep deprivation. Have reduced insulin today. I hate diabetes today and with these sort of days worry about what will happen when we are not around anymore to be vigilant, sorry dark 4am thoughts!
Shirley, would a liquid hypo treatment perhaps work better at night? (eg, fruit juice, lucozade, full fat coke, whatever he'll drink) - it could just be that his circadian rhythms slow down his digestion at night, so a liquid might be absorbed better that one that needs more digestion?

Shirley, would a liquid hypo treatment perhaps work better at night? (eg, fruit juice, lucozade, full fat coke, whatever he'll drink) - it could just be that his circadian rhythms slow down his digestion at night, so a liquid might be absorbed better that one that needs more digestion?
Yes, I usually go for a liquid if I find the JBs are a bit slow to take effect, usually works much faster 🙂

Good morning, Northerner I'm disappointed in you, not angry just disappointed 😉

5.7 today and wondering what my Diaversary present will be (2 years on Monday). Aside from the eye and foot appointment which is obviously a wonderful pressie, I need to decide...

Shirley, hope Jamie is feeling better today and didn't have any overnight lows. I have the same problem, at night. Juice and oat biscuits work better for me, about double the amount of juice I'd normally take and then two oat biscuits with peanut butter. Since I float very low at night anyway any hypo incident is much harder to combat. Incidentally I've found that if I'm ill and my blood sugar is running higher increasing basal as per instructions from the consultant is not a good idea because I will hypo overnight regardless of stability during the day, so I tend to do corrections with rapid or just run a bit higher whilst unwell. I also find that when I get better I hypo more at night for a while so temporarily dial the Tresiba down a couple of notches to counteract it.

Morning all. 🙂 12.2 here...?!! 😱 I haven't made any changes yet, I've just been talking about it...Lantus is monitoring my thoughts from the fridge!o_O🙄😛

8.8 for me this morning. Down from 13.6 at 4am after going to bed with an 8.8

Good morning folks - 7.5 for me today - numbers are on their way down *thumbs up* :D

Morning everybody, 6.6 here. I was a bit high going to bed, but not enough to do a correction. Congratulations on the HS, Flower.
Bloden, I'll have a word with my Lantus and ask it to give yours a lecture, fridge to fridge.

Morning all 6.5 for me this morning. I feel rough today. I dont think im gonna be in work long, just feel like I need to sleep. :(

Morning all 6.5 for me this morning. I feel rough today. I dont think im gonna be in work long, just feel like I need to sleep. :(
Sorry to hear you're feeling rough Stitch. Have a couple of paracetamol - hope you feel better as the day progresses. You'll have a very 'bracing' walk this morning, it's fre-eee---eee---zing!!! 😱 🙂

Morning everyone. I'm 8.3 this morning! 🙂 day off today so will be having a trip to the gym shortly!! What an exciting life I lead :D 😱

7.1 this morning. Not too bad considering me and Mrs Bob went out for a slap up meal for our anniversary last night

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough Stitch. Have a couple of paracetamol - hope you feel better as the day progresses. You'll have a very 'bracing' walk this morning, it's fre-eee---eee---zing!!! 😱 🙂

Popped some paracetamol and quite enjoyed my chilly walk to the office this morning. Glad I had my wooly hat on, it was a bit nippy walking across Southwark bridge today. Just had my porridge with a bit of granola. Hope that does the trick.

A 6.2 for me this morning and thank goodness it's Friday!

A nice HS Flower 🙂 Happy Anniversary Mr. Bob, better numbers Lynne and hope you feel better as the day goes Stitch...and best wishes to everyone else. Hope that when your 'numbers come up' they're lottery not BG's! 😛

Good morning all and a slightly better 7.2 today 🙂 That's despite spending 5 hours of night in a/e with daughter She's got a flare up of trigeminal neuralgia and in so much pain. Hoping we can both get a little shut eye now
Great to see the HS Flower! And good to see you going lower Lynne 🙂

Good morning all and a slightly better 7.2 today 🙂 That's despite spending 5 hours of night in a/e with daughter She's got a flare up of trigeminal neuralgia and in so much pain. Hoping we can both get a little shut eye now
Great to see the HS Flower! And good to see you going lower Lynne 🙂
Hope your daughter is feelimg much better very soon Lindarose {{{HUGS}}}

Oh that's a dreadful condition Linda! Really feel for her.

Glad your numbers are better...stressful times x

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations about dealing with lows overnight which I will take on board. Still a bit high this morning as went to bed a little higher and I didn't correct. My hubby got up through the night to keep an eye on things so got some sleep.

Back