Group 7-day waking average?

You've done better than me this morning Linda. I'm a 6.9 but had a night of troublesome dreams and have spleen pain which I think has pushed me up.

Sorry your level is so high Rosie :(

I hope things soon settle down for you Amigo. Do you have some treatment for spleen pain? Once it calms down you'll be right back down there again with your usual low readings 🙂

Thanks Linda, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the meter this morning too as its given 3 totally unconnected readings one after another. Seems to happen if there isn't quite enough blood on the test stick. Not sure if others find higher readings when that happens?

I'm afraid there is no treatment for the spleen pain, it's part of the leukaemia. It's the organ of choice for the errant lymphocytes I'm afraid 😳 but thanks for your kind concern x

I've noticed variable readings sometimes but never considered if it's connected to amount of blood on strip. Ile definitely look out for that next time though.

Well I'm up to 22.2! I feel absolutely rotten. All I've had is scrambled egg and a low carb/low sugar granola bar.

Good job I'm finishing early today

Doesn't seem right Rosie and may be due to being unwell but I'd be ringing the surgery for advice. These levels are not doing you any good and you must be fed up with them :(

I'm SO fed up. I really thought I was getting somewhere with last week hovering around 10/11! I think I'm gonna ring on my break... My GP is fab so I'm gonna speak to her instead of the nurse!!

17 again this morning. Got some of those ketones test strip things that people mentioned this morning. Will test later. I'm at the living with diabetes day today, so will have a chat with a dsn while here too.

Well I tested my ketones and it was normal. Have a drs appointment for Friday 13th!

Morning house special 5.2 today and I've found the way to deal with porridge! 2/3 bolus and add a small slice of toast to stop me going hypo before the porridge hits my digestive system. Perfect. Plus I hit my perfect bolus routine for my favourite Pret sweet potato and cauli curry with wild rice and quinoa so no Saturday afternoon hypo. Can you guess? 2/3 bolus :D

What dyou mean by a 2/3 bolus, Kooks? Porridge, mmmmm...

Morning all.🙂 5.6 here.😛

Morning all.🙂 5.6 here.😛
Snap Bloden a 5.6 here too! The 2/3 bolus is essentially reducing the carb value of the food by a third, so I knock off 30% for bolusing purposes. I seem to have an odd relationship with porridge, quinoa and rice (so far), if I bolus for the whole carb value I go hypo before it gets into my system. I think it's less about slow release and more delayed release for me, but I've discovered if I take a unit more of the Tresiba daily and do 2/3 bolus for the suspect items that keeps it under control, bit tricky but I reduced my lunch time ratio as well to compensate. I eat mostly whole food which is much less likely to cause a spike, but more likely to make me hypo because I'm sensitive to insulin. Such fun we have. The consultant thinks I'm lucky to be sensitive, not so sure he'd think that if his diet was limited to things you can eat with no more than three units of insulin because any more and I'm done for 😱

Wishing everyone good numbers today 🙂

Good morning 🙂 4.0 for me today.

Good to hear you have got a grip on porridge for now KookyC 🙂, my maximum bolus is also 2.5 - 3 units else I end up in hypo trouble.

Morning - 15.6 here today! Gonna make a doctors appointment for Thursday or Friday hopefully today. Meant to get my GAD results next Monday but maybe they'll have them already by Friday who knows. I'd just like to know what's going on with my pancreas

17.8 for me this morning. Docs next friday to see whats going on.

Just done another ketones test, in the negative section again

Good afternoon all 🙂 And 6.8 today after an overnight Now hoping for a not too busy day.

Good morning 🙂 4.0 for me today.

Good to hear you have got a grip on porridge for now KookyC 🙂, my maximum bolus is also 2.5 - 3 units else I end up in hypo trouble.
Hi Flower due to the gastroparesis I can't do an upfront bolus for any carbs with my evening meal because of the risk of hypos that can take two hours to resolve. Instead I do a six hour extended bolus during the night. I'm not sure if something similar would help you.

Back