Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning all 🙂 and 7.0 today. Just couldn't quite make it into the 6's
Hope things soon improve for you Kooky and Amanda. It must be starting to get you both down.
Enjoy your holiday Bloden. All weeks should start with a day off!

Good morning 🙂 3.6 today, the temperature is starting to drop and so are my basal needs overnight, time for tweaking again 🙄

I hope things improve for you Amanda it sounds such a rollercoaster and I hope your nose situation get better too KookyC.

5.5 for me this lovely sunny morning.
Kooky, one cold on top of another, that's just not fair!
AJ, sorry to hear you're wrestling with numbers at the moment.(numbers just autocorrected to 'no beers' good job I spotted that! Though maybe beer is the answer!)
Hope things improve quickly for both of you.

6.2 for me this rather foggy morning.

Sending best wishes to kooky and AJ and anyone having a struggle at the moment :(

Good morning 🙂 7.8 for me today. Why? Because I woke up last night to a 1.8, grrr!! 😡 Three jelly babies, a fruit biscuit and a slice of cheese on toast was obviously a slight over-treatment 🙄 No hypos at all yesterday and went to bed on a 5.8, so no apparent reason.

Northerner I'm so sorry that you woke up to a 1.8, that's awful:(
I went to bed with a 90% basal and then reduced it to 80% at 1am and woke up at 6.8. Would be pleased except I've had a really bad stomach and still don't don't feel great so I can't go to attend my first press release as a trainee journalist. I don't think the tutor will be impressed:(

Northerner I'm so sorry that you woke up to a 1.8, that's awful:(
I went to bed with a 90% basal and then reduced it to 80% at 1am and woke up at 6.8. Would be pleased except I've had a really bad stomach and still don't don't feel great so I can't go to attend my first press release as a trainee journalist. I don't think the tutor will be impressed:(

It can't be helped Amanda, I hope you feel much better soon 🙂

Thank you Northerner🙂 I just get fed up with my stupid body. Have you any thoughts about what caused your 1.8?

Thank you Northerner🙂 I just get fed up with my stupid body. Have you any thoughts about what caused your 1.8?

None at all :confused: The only pattern I can detect is that they usually happen around 7-8 hours after my last injection, so maybe on occasions that bolus is lasting much longer than usual. Very unpredictable though, nearly a fortnight since it last happened. 🙄

It's horrible when there is no reason. I hope you have a better night tonight.

5.9 for me today. Sorry you're still having problems, AJ.
Northerner, if it was your bolus lasting longer than usual, wouldn't it have been feeding in less insulin per hour, so you'd have noticed a rise before bed? A bolus is a bolus, in terms of quantity, however long it takes to get into the system. But I can't come up with an alternative suggestion, I'm afraid, it's baffling.

Good morning 🙂 7.0 for me today.

I'm glad you are alright after that low Northerner, it really is a who knows why when you don't have basal to blame. I hope things stabilise for you Amanda, you are having a rough time at the moment :(

5.9 for me today. Sorry you're still having problems, AJ.
Northerner, if it was your bolus lasting longer than usual, wouldn't it have been feeding in less insulin per hour, so you'd have noticed a rise before bed? A bolus is a bolus, in terms of quantity, however long it takes to get into the system. But I can't come up with an alternative suggestion, I'm afraid, it's baffling.

Yes, I agree, that's why I don't really have much confidence in that theory. My readings yesterday were 5.0, 5.7, 5.8, 5.6, 5.8 and...1.8 :confused:

Good morning 🙂 7.0 for me today.

I'm glad you are alright after that low Northerner, it really is a who knows why when you don't have basal to blame. I hope things stabilise for you Amanda, you are having a rough time at the moment :(

Thanks Flower 🙂

Last edited:
Thank you Robin and Flower x

Good morning all and sorry you've had a bad night Northerner. And Amanda I really feel for you missing out on press release today Do hope you feel much better soon. 🙂
I'm 7.1 this morning. I'm still working as normal but have an insuffiency fracture of my knee caused by osteoporosis (found out after mri scan few weeks ago) and finding things more difficult with the pain. It's a concern that as I'm not so mobile I can't do as much exercise to help insulin resistance. Always something isn't there!

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, Northerner and AJ. 😱

Morning all.🙂 A lovely 7.1 here - for my 2nd attempt at fasting blood tests! Well, turns out I wasn't even on the list, but luckily I had a photocopy of the referral notes with me...it pays to be anal sometimes!

I wonder what other surprises are in store this foggy Tuesday 13th (Spanish Fri 13th)...😱🙄

Good morning all and sorry you've had a bad night Northerner. And Amanda I really feel for you missing out on press release today Do hope you feel much better soon. 🙂
I'm 7.1 this morning. I'm still working as normal but have an insuffiency fracture of my knee caused by osteoporosis (found out after mri scan few weeks ago) and finding things more difficult with the pain. It's a concern that as I'm not so mobile I can't do as much exercise to help insulin resistance. Always something isn't there!

Ooo, poor you, Lindarose. What did the doctor say about it?

I was seen in rheumatology and the dr rang me at home after the scan Suggested (not for the first time) I have biphosphonates but typical me im so afraid of potential side effects which can be nasty. Got to go back end November I'm surprised I didn't have to stop walking but thank goodness that's not the case though it's not easy.

I hate taking tablets too...hopefully they can find a solution that suits you in November. You can always exercise your upper body sitting in a chair (been reading Sheri Colberg's "7 Step Diabetes Plan" - she insists EVERYONE can do some form of exercise, bless her!). 😱🙂

Back