Group 7-day waking average?

A 6.7 for me this morning. Would prefer lower but I think my liver likes to play through the night!

Glad you're getting your 'equilibrium' back northerner.

16 for me again this morning.

Morning 6.5 today, Robin have you sent me your dawn phenomena 😉. High for me but I had a hypo drench last night, I wanted to try chicken in white wine sauce again just to see if it made me go hypo overnight, yep it did. I guess not enough of the alcohol is burned off, I make tomato sauce with red wine and that doesn't have the same effect but it's cooked for a lot longer. Ho hum white wine sauce off the menu then 🙄

Morning all.🙂 6.1 here.😛

Don't you just hate taking things off the menu? If I marinade chicken fillets in paprika, or last night's Lebanese "rub" (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, chilli, etc.) my BG goes thru the roof. Ho hum indeed!😡

Morning all.🙂 6.1 here.😛

Don't you just hate taking things off the menu? If I marinade chicken fillets in paprika, or last night's Lebanese "rub" (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, chilli, etc.) my BG goes thru the roof. Ho hum indeed!😡

Yes! Especially when on paper it shouldn't be a problem. Might try it one more time with some quinoa and see if the extended release helps. Problem is I get less keen on carb as the day goes on, but my body gets more keen in processing it. Now that's irony :D

Good morning all 🙂. And 6.7 today after a night shift

It did cross my mind after her meddling the previous night. I don't forgive 37 years of diabetes trials that easily! A lot more buttering up is required 😉

Morning all, a disappointing 18.9 for me this morning!!! Just when I thought things were improving. :confused:

Morning all, a disappointing 18.9 for me this morning!!! Just when I thought things were improving. :confused:

Sorry to hear this Stitch, that's pretty high for a waking reading :( When are you due to see the doctor again? What medication are you on currently?

A welcome 5.9 for me this rainy morning.

Sorry to hear that stitch...time to give the doc a ring I think :confused:

I saw the dr last wednesday and took along my BG readings to show her and my dosage of metformin was upped. I was on 500mg twice a day, im now on the max dose, 2000mg a day, 2 tablets after breakfast and 2 after dinner. Most mornings im around the 16 level. Not due back at dr's now until december! Which will be for my 3 month review

I saw the dr last wednesday and took along my BG readings to show her and my dosage of metformin was upped. I was on 500mg twice a day, im now on the max dose, 2000mg a day, 2 tablets after breakfast and 2 after dinner. Most mornings im around the 16 level. Not due back at dr's now until december! Which will be for my 3 month review

If you see no significant improvement after a couple of weeks, don't wait until December. Metformin alone is unlikely to bring your levels down by much more than 10-20% as far as I know, which will still leave things pretty high. Remember, it's your health so don't be led by them if you are not seeing improvement - pester them! 🙂

Morning 6.5 today, Robin have you sent me your dawn phenomena 😉. High for me but I had a hypo drench last night, I wanted to try chicken in white wine sauce again just to see if it made me go hypo overnight, yep it did. I guess not enough of the alcohol is burned off, I make tomato sauce with red wine and that doesn't have the same effect but it's cooked for a lot longer. Ho hum white wine sauce off the menu then 🙄
Not my DP, Kooky, it was back firmly residing with me this morning. 7.30 am, 5.4, 8.30 am, 7.3 and an upwards arrow on the Libre screen! Plus the low point of the night has shifted from 3am to 6am for the last week, irrespective of what happens once I wake up. Ho hum, can't wait to lecture the Diabetes Fairy when I get my hands on her.
Adding some Quinoa to your white wine sauce seems a good idea. I get my steadiest overnight pattern after my sausage and puy lentil casserole. Much steadier than when I've low carbed for evening meal.

Last edited:
Well I woke up with a 21.3 today. Been comfort eating past few days though so my own fault

Seeing the doctor today for fasting blood tests and new meds! Fingers crossed

Well I woke up with a 21.3 today. Been comfort eating past few days though so my own fault

Seeing the doctor today for fasting blood tests and new meds! Fingers crossed

Good luck with the appointment, I hope they provide you with something that will actually help this time! 🙂

Yes! Especially when on paper it shouldn't be a problem. Might try it one more time with some quinoa and see if the extended release helps. Problem is I get less keen on carb as the day goes on, but my body gets more keen in processing it. Now that's irony :D

A-ha, maybe that's the answer! - eat low-GI carb with my spicy (and nicey) meals...thanks Kooky!😛

I haven't been posting because my BG's have been all over the place - combination of starting University and birthday plus whatever else it decides to throw into the mix. I will start trying to post again tomorrow🙂

Back