Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning 🙂 It's a 7.0 today.

Morning all. 16.1 for me today.
You might not hear much from me for the next 2 weeks as I am off on my hols. I fly off to California tomorrow morning. So stay safe and healthy everyone.

Have a brilliant holiday Stitch.
Good morning everyone. 6.3 for me after a hypo which required 30g carb. According to the Libre I was between 2.9 and 3.9 continually from 10pm to 3am and that was with a 6 hour extended bolus for a carefully carb counted meal.

Morning all. 16.1 for me today.
You might not hear much from me for the next 2 weeks as I am off on my hols. I fly off to California tomorrow morning. So stay safe and healthy everyone.

You too Stitch, have a great time - watch out for those carbs! 🙂

Have a brilliant holiday Stitch.
Good morning everyone. 6.3 for me after a hypo which required 30g carb. According to the Libre I was between 2.9 and 3.9 continually from 10pm to 3am and that was with a 6 hour extended bolus for a carefully carb counted meal.

Goodness, so unpredictable - you do a terrific job though Amanda, in spite of these problems with your recalcitrant digestive system! 🙂 Are you sure you don't qualify for a CGMS that would give you an alarm? Might be worth pushing fr one again.

Thank you Alan. A great suggestion about the CGMs but I haven't got a chance. I've asked before and have been told no. When I was worried about hypos before their only suggestion was to run BGs higher. This is a clinic that won't replace the pump until it has broken down, even when the warranty has expired:(

Last edited:
Thank you Alan. A great suggestion about the CGMs but I haven't got a chance. I've asked before and have been told no. When I was worried about hypos before their only suggestion was to run BGs higher. This is a clinic that won't replace the pump until it has broken down, even when the warranty has expired:(

I wonder if INPUT can offer any further advice? Might be worth seeing what they say - they might be able to suggest another clinic or something. The advice you have been given totally ignores the effects of your gastroparesis - you can go to bed on a higher number but it can turn out to be totally irrelevant - this should be taken into account! Grr!

http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/

Owww!! 😱 Has that Fairy learned nothing?
Ouch, Flower. Though the Fairy was obviously too busy tormenting you to go on any nocturnal ramblings, I had the steadiest night for a long time, woke at 4.7 at 6.30, still 4.7 at 7.30, and only 5.3 just now, when I've been up an hour and had a cup of tea.

I wonder if INPUT can offer any further advice? Might be worth seeing what they say - they might be able to suggest another clinic or something. The advice you have been given totally ignores the effects of your gastroparesis - you can go to bed on a higher number but it can turn out to be totally irrelevant - this should be taken into account! Grr!

http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/

Thanks Northerner I will think about it but I think the NICE diabetic guidelines for gastroparesis recommend a puréed diet, which I'm not prepared to do if I can help it, but which hospitals may want me to do before exploring more expensive options.

Thanks Northerner I will think about it but I think the NICE diabetic guidelines for gastroparesis recommend a puréed diet, which I'm not prepared to do if I can help it, but which hospitals may want me to do before exploring more expensive options.

I can understand your reluctance, but I would counter their argument with the fact that that would have a real effect on your quality of life :( Grr! You'd have one today if it was down to me! 🙂

Ouch, Flower. Though the Fairy was obviously too busy tormenting you to go on any nocturnal ramblings, I had the steadiest night for a long time, woke at 4.7 at 6.30, still 4.7 at 7.30, and only 5.3 just now, when I've been up an hour and had a cup of tea.

Goodness, that really is steady as she goes! Long may it continue! 🙂

I can understand your reluctance, but I would counter their argument with the fact that that would have a real effect on your quality of life :( Grr! You'd have one today if it was down to me! 🙂
Thank you Alan🙂 I feel so rough today.

Thank you Alan. The hugs are appreciated🙂

A steady 6.4 for me 🙂

Have a lovely holiday Stich 😎

Sorry to hear of your difficulties AJ and cramp under a plaster cast sounds awful flower! It's bad enough just getting cramp under the duvet and I'm plagued with it 😡

Good morning everyone. Congratulations on your house special Northerner🙂
Had 4 units instead of 5 units of insulin for my dinner as a six hour extended bolus
9pm 9.1 - higher than I like but after yesterday didn't want to take any chances
1.30am 4.7 - had coke, stopped the remaining extended bolus which was 0.6 units and cut 2 units off my basal for the time period 2am-6am
Doing all of this I should have woken up in the teens
6am 6.3 - good result but a lot of work to achieve it

Back