Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, 5.1 today, so tantalisingly close to a House Spesh, but no cigar 😉

Morning all.🙂 5.5 here.😛

Going to paint the kitchen today, which means at least one teensy-weensy snack to boost my BG (I'm so greedy!).🙄

Have fun with the kitchen Bloden🙂
Good morning everyone 7.0 for me🙂

7.3 for me this morning; the lowest I've had since beginning. Can I ask, what's so special about 5.2?

(This question has a Douglas Adams feel to it...)

Morning 5.3 this morning, tsk just the other side of a House Spesh, pesky fairy!

Matt it is quite Douglas Adams (4.2 would have been more fitting), and a bit of a standing joke. We do occasionally have a house special run with lots of 5.2s 🙂. That said 5.2 is a nice low but not too low figure, it's an even after the decimal point which some of us prefer (noticed some of us might be a bit bonkers yet?), it's not a whole number (again with the bonkers 🙄) which some of us find spooky.

Well done on yesterday's number Matt, seems like you're getting there, a house special could be just around the corner 🙂

Morning all.🙂 10.0 here - spooky! I wish I could understand this run of high one day, in range the next, high one day, in range the next, high...you get the idea. There's no 2-3 day trend, so what do I tweak?!:confused:

Well done, Matt. Looks like you're getting there at last - woop woop.😛

Bloden it is so frustrating when you don't have trends. Are you doing testing during the night to see what is happening? Sorry if I'm saying something that you already know.
Good morning everyone, 5.4 for me🙂

Good morning 🙂 7.5 today after needing a medicinal Wagon Wheel before bed. Not had one for years and it may challenge my usual Jaffa Cake for favourite hypo averting biscuit top spot!

Good summary of House Special KookyC, not too high, not too low, not a whole number, just a happy result :D

Morning all.🙂 10.0 here - spooky! I wish I could understand this run of high one day, in range the next, high one day, in range the next, high...you get the idea. There's no 2-3 day trend, so what do I tweak?!:confused:

Well done, Matt. Looks like you're getting there at last - woop woop.😛

Do you think you might be rebounding when you're going high? If you're running higher and take more insulin to cover it could your basal then be a bit high? I had a similar issue when on Lantus and I had to dial down two units, resist the urge to correct for about a week and it settled into a mid range. Then I adjusted my ratios and that seemed to do the trick. I do have a very keen liver though!

Good morning everyone. Some great numbers today 🙂
7.2 for me.

Good morning 🙂 7.5 today after needing a medicinal Wagon Wheel before bed. Not had one for years and it may challenge my usual Jaffa Cake for favourite hypo averting biscuit top spot!

Good summary of House Special KookyC, not too high, not too low, not a whole number, just a happy result :D
5.8 for me this morning, I love the concept of a 'medicinal' wagon wheel. I had a couple of 'medicinal' ginger biscuits last night when I found myself 4.2 at bedtime after a flurry of DIY.

Oh I love wagon wheels. Remember how big they seemed to be when I was young!

Do you think you might be rebounding when you're going high? If you're running higher and take more insulin to cover it could your basal then be a bit high? I had a similar issue when on Lantus and I had to dial down two units, resist the urge to correct for about a week and it settled into a mid range. Then I adjusted my ratios and that seemed to do the trick. I do have a very keen liver though!

Thanks, Kooky, for reminding me - I'd completely forgotten about that possibility! 🙄 It was up at 15.3 at 1a.m. (8.2 at bedtime) so that must have been one hell of a dip!😛 I don't want to use my last Libre sensor just yet, but it's very tempting.

Last edited:
Morning folks 5.4 today and a husky Phyllis Pearce voice, that'll be fun for the students today when I'm trying to tell them how to complete whichever nonsensical form we're pushing today :D

Morning folks.🙂 7.1 here, after a hypo - you were right Kookycat. How could I forget about the Symogyi Effect?😛

Look after that voice. Do lots of pointing.

Back