Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning 🙂 An 8.4 from me today, after one of 'those' hypos last night - woke at around 2am and was sweating. Couldn't quite decide whether that was due to the heat, and if the wooziness was due to being half-asleep, but thought I'd better test - 2.4! Had last injected 9 hours earlier! Obviously overtreated a bit, going on my waking results...🙄

5.2, my turn for a house special. oh dear, Northerner, one of 'those' hypos, no rhyme nor reason. We had a massive thunderstorm at 1am which had me rushing downstairs to unplug the TV aerial and kept me awake for about an hour, but according to the libre, didn't disrupt my nighttime pattern at all.

5.2, my turn for a house special. oh dear, Northerner, one of 'those' hypos, no rhyme nor reason. We had a massive thunderstorm at 1am which had me rushing downstairs to unplug the TV aerial and kept me awake for about an hour, but according to the libre, didn't disrupt my nighttime pattern at all.

Well done on the HS Robin! 🙂 We had a lightning storm - plenty of sheet lightning, but strangely no thunder and no rain - I suspect it was all happening a long way off and the thunder was absorbed into the general background hum.

I think I may have spotted a vague pattern with 'those' hypos. I had had a few minor lows (upper 3s) in the afternoon, and in the evening, despite dialling down my evening meal dose. I've come to the conclusion that what may be happening is that my pancreas is becoming more active on occasions and that continues into the night, possibly gaining in intensity once I am at rest - or maybe my liver slows right back on its glucose production. If this is what's happening I'll have to look out for evenings of unexpected lows over a period of hours and maybe set the alarm to do a night test just in case a hypo doesn't wake me - probably try to go to bed on a higher level than normal as well. 🙂

Good morning everyone Very pleased with 6.1 today 🙂. Not working must suit me!
And I hope you can sort things out Northerner Sounds like you have a plan!

Good morning everyone Very pleased with 6.1 today 🙂. Not working must suit me!
And I hope you can sort things out Northerner Sounds like you have a plan!

That's excellent Lindarose! Have a word with your GP and see if he'll prescribe a permanent holiday for you! 🙂

I'm back overnight Thursday so still a few more days of sunshine 🙂

Good morning unexpected 11.3 at 1am when I corrected and despite further corrections it is 11.2 at 9.30am😱

Sorry to hear about the hypo problems Northerner.

Morning all.🙂 7.2 here after 3am hypo.😛 Tried almond butter on my toast this morning - luush. Meeting old school friends for lunch today - haven't seen some of them for 30 years! 😱

Good luck with your plan, Northie.🙂

Well done on the HS Robin! 🙂 We had a lightning storm - plenty of sheet lightning, but strangely no thunder and no rain - I suspect it was all happening a long way off and the thunder was absorbed into the general background hum.

I think I may have spotted a vague pattern with 'those' hypos. I had had a few minor lows (upper 3s) in the afternoon, and in the evening, despite dialling down my evening meal dose. I've come to the conclusion that what may be happening is that my pancreas is becoming more active on occasions and that continues into the night, possibly gaining in intensity once I am at rest - or maybe my liver slows right back on its glucose production. If this is what's happening I'll have to look out for evenings of unexpected lows over a period of hours and maybe set the alarm to do a night test just in case a hypo doesn't wake me - probably try to go to bed on a higher level than normal as well. 🙂
I think I'm right in saying, if the liver has pumped out extra glycogen during the day, whether to provide extra energy during exercise, or to bring Bg levels up after a hypo, it needs to replenish itself afterwards. it probably does this at night. I know I'm prone to hypos in the night if I've had extra exertions during the day.
There was a TV programme on weight loss a couple of years ago, that measured calorie usage, and it found that extra calories were still being burned 12 hours after exercise, and it attributed this to the body taking Glucose out of the blood stream during the night to replenish stores in the liver. in non diabetics, this wouldn't result in night time hypos, because insulin production would be reduced, but for those of us on long acting, the insulin is still churning out.
I know you're not on long acting. but could your general insulin response be impaired, so your pancreas doesn't get the correct signals to shut off production? ( I think this is where the c peptides and the other thing whose name escapes me that diabetics don't produce, may come into this process somewhere.)

I think I'm right in saying, if the liver has pumped out extra glycogen during the day, whether to provide extra energy during exercise, or to bring Bg levels up after a hypo, it needs to replenish itself afterwards. it probably does this at night. I know I'm prone to hypos in the night if I've had extra exertions during the day.
There was a TV programme on weight loss a couple of years ago, that measured calorie usage, and it found that extra calories were still being burned 12 hours after exercise, and it attributed this to the body taking Glucose out of the blood stream during the night to replenish stores in the liver. in non diabetics, this wouldn't result in night time hypos, because insulin production would be reduced, but for those of us on long acting, the insulin is still churning out.
I know you're not on long acting. but could your general insulin response be impaired, so your pancreas doesn't get the correct signals to shut off production? ( I think this is where the c peptides and the other thing whose name escapes me that diabetics don't produce, may come into this process somewhere.)

I don't think it is related to activity as I've been far less active lately, due to this monstrous hayfever I've developed. As a rule, exercise exhibits and effect fr up to 40 hours for me, and I think I've learned to adjust for that generally. As it's a rare occurence I don't think I can put it down to my normal physiology (if that's the right term), more just an infrequent wonkiness (I'm sure that's the medical term 😉). Something's impaired, but difficult to say whether it's a glucose deficiency or an insulin surfeit 🙄 I'm pretty sure the practice 'diabetic' nurse won't be able to tell me, now that I've been moved from seeing the consultant, but I'm highly tempted to ask! 😱

Morning🙂 I'm glad that you had better levels last night Northerner🙂 7.3 for me this morning.

Morning 5.9 today and I slept till 7:20am. This never happens! Off to take the dog in a minute, Mr and Mrs Pepperpot will be waiting for their second breakfast and the 5 master Pepperpots are not know for their patience :D

Morning all.🙂 6.6 here.😛

Sorry to hear you're really suffering with hay fever, Northener. Are you taking anything for it? I read somewhere years ago that you have to 'look after' the symptoms, otherwise I wouldn't bother taking anything for mine.

Good morning all 🙂
6.7 today Had a bit of ear trouble in night It's not really stopped weeping despite anti biotics Will see how it is tomor then decide if I need advice No improvement in hearing either but trying to stay positive

Good morning all 🙂
6.7 today Had a bit of ear trouble in night It's not really stopped weeping despite anti biotics Will see how it is tomor then decide if I need advice No improvement in hearing either but trying to stay positive

Hope you can get something sorted soon Lindarose, very frustrating! 🙂

A 6.7 for me this cooler morn.

Sorry to hear about the hayfever misery Northerner and the nasty ear problems Linda.

You sound like me at the moment, 'more panes than a window cleaner!' ::(

Back