Group 7-day waking average?

Got another call last night from Dad to say that Mum had fallen again and an ambulance was several hours away at least. So we drove over again and got there by about 11pm, got Mum back up with again thankfully no damage done, other than she was a bit shaken. Decided to cancel the ambulance and stayed whilst we got them both to bed. I think we need to see if we can get something in place to help them more, maybe just doing their own food and washing is now too much and when they are tired it’s easier to fall. We already change and wash their bedding but they do their clothes washing still which I think is starting to be too much for them. Neither of them want to go into a care home and would both hate it, so we need to get some more help. We’re an hour away so can’t do much more so I think we now need to get something more in place for them.
I hope your mum is ok today. It is a worry for your dad and yourselves. We were in a similar position earlier this year, with mum constantly falling and having to go in and out of hospital. We sorted her out with a pendant in the end with neighbours contact numbers as well as our own. Thats been really helpful. The company also call an ambulance if no one can get to her and stay on the "line" talking to her until help gets there. We also had a 24/7 number for the community nurses who can send a team out to help her up, though if they are with others, mum had to wait, as long as she wasn't hurt.

I hope your mum is ok today. It is a worry for your dad and yourselves. We were in a similar position earlier this year, with mum constantly falling and having to go in and out of hospital. We sorted her out with a pendant in the end with neighbours contact numbers as well as our own. Thats been really helpful. The company also call an ambulance if no one can get to her and stay on the "line" talking to her until help gets there. We also had a 24/7 number for the community nurses who can send a team out to help her up, though if they are with others, mum had to wait, as long as she wasn't hurt.
We already have the pendants/wrist watch buttons and fall detectors with Careline who do the same service you mention. We are a bit reluctant to enlist neighbours but have ourselves and my daughter and son in law on the list of numbers. Trouble is all of us are an hour away, still often faster than an ambulance, especially if the fall hasn’t resulted in injury. Neither Mum nor Dad can get themselves or each other up if one of them falls which is what the problem is. It’s hard to see them getting frailer and less and less able to care for themselves.

Was a 9.3 for me this morning after treating a low alarm going off at 4 30 . Sitting outside with dog in sun having a coffee in tea room garden..Back for lunch then out for a good walk .Silly time appointment at glaucoma clinic tomorrow.Congratulations to @ Bobble hat and @ Jodee on your Hs.. Keep the faith folks

is. It’s hard to see them getting frailer and less and less able to care for themselves
It is, its horrible. Could they access community nurses/falls teams who may be able to get there quicker than yourselves? Or have a cleaner once a week/fortnight to keep on top of things?

I don't know/need to know re finances but i know that my mum has someone come in once a fortnight for an hour or so to give the house a clean through, any washing thats not been doneshe puts on and hangs up before she goes. She's pretty good. Mum also has her name down for local residential accommodation (they do one and two bed apartments) where they have people on hand 24/7 for falls, care etc and where she wants to go has community rooms and activities so there is different company for her too and also a cafe if she doesn't want to cook.

I know these are subject to finances but it might be worth thinking about. My view is, the more people mum can call on, the more likely she will get help quickly if she needs it.

I really hope your mum and dad are ok. To see your parents getting old and frail is upsetting.

We have 2 regular avian visitors to our garden, too @freesia and they always wait by the back door until we toss some bird food their way. One's a pigeon, who we call Walter, and the other's a robin, who we call Christopher.

Back