Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone

BG 4.9

A super tea last evening. My friend came over and a good time was had.

It was a lovely day weather wise yesterday, my wife had to drop something off at the hospital, I suggested that we go for a walk, but she just couldn't do it, her fear of intruders getting into the house overwhelmed her (or it could be her determined bullying to get significantly better house security (it is already very good). We went through this scenario a long while back and I refused then on the grounds that it would not change how she felt (and it was therefore a waste of money). But eventually I relented, we got some pretty good security... guess what the result was ... yes, she still believes we have intruders getting in, so she cannot leave the house 'empty'. So we have no life together outside of the house. Worst thing is that she hates this and desperately wants to go out with me to enjoy our life together. But this 'thing' is wrecking our life together. Sad. So sad. And let's be honest, I am so fed up, annoyed, upset, frustrated, tired... and so is she!!!

Sorry for the rant.

Today lots of keyboard practice.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Good morning 6.9 today
I knew it wasn’t going to be a HS for me today, following a bit of a binge out last night which spiked my levels up to 14 (just as I went to sleep) think I need to speak to my GP regarding Mounjaro which for me (and most) is a once a week jab, currently I'm finding after 6 days I’m ready for my next dose, maybe thats my body telling me need to increase to a slightly bigger dose.

Podiatrist appointment this morning, it’s just a routine appointment.
I’ve been under that foot tickler (at my surgery) since I had the ulcers on my toes a few years ago, quite scary thinking back when my toes matched the colour of my shoes.
the last time I saw her she fitted some temporary adjustments to my orthotic inner soles so that in addition to their original purpose now they would help to correct my stance, she did say that following my ankle surgery I might have fractionally unequal leg length, so it’s good I’m under her I think.

Congrats on the HS @BobbleHat hope the new job is going OK

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone 😎

Good morning! So near, so far at 5.3 that became 4.6 FOTF! Please as in double figures last night despite eating very little as stomach still not right after latest round of anti-biotics! :( Get latest swab results tomorrow. (fingers crossed emoji)

Physio/OT type visit in a bit. As it has been re-scheduled multiple times will believe it when it happens.

Cooler still and mainly overcast.

Morning all. 4.1 after a 4JB treated hypo. I'm struggling with levels since being off work. Basal may be a bit too high but if i reduce it by half a unit, i end up having spikes overnight. Yesterday i struggled to keep levels up but then by 5pm, they suddenly shot to 12 and stayed 12-14 before bed, despite corrections, then i had the hypo early hours. I think i just need to get into more of a daily routine and hopefully things will level out.

Today i need to go to Aldi for mum then get the ironing done and make a cake for hubby, Spiced Apple Loaf, as he came home yesterday with a load of apples. Its a tasty cake but too carby/sugary for me so its his treat.

Congrats on the HS @BobbleHat. Have a good day everyone.

Ps. Yesterday in the garden the robin came again. He sits on the same branch and watches me. He's been every day i've been out there so far.

@eggyg Been to GC three or four times before but not in the last 20 years I think. They were all very much gay holidays, staying in gay hotels, going out in the Yumbo every night etc.
This time will be a bit of both I think. I want to get up into the mountains and go out and have some fun in the evenings.
And I’m staying in an adults only (but not gay) hotel that’s about 5 mins walk away from the Yumbo so that’s that bit covered 🙂

Morning

4.8 today, off to have a blood test in a few minutes. Like @eggyg we have a granddaughter with a 12th birthday today. Would also have been my late mum in laws 90th today, hubby will go to the crematorium later with flowers.

@BobbleHat - congratulations on your HS.

@ColinUK - I used to go to Grand Canaria a lot, but haven’t been for about 20 years now.

@eggyg Been to GC three or four times before but not in the last 20 years I think. They were all very much gay holidays, staying in gay hotels, going out in the Yumbo every night etc.
This time will be a bit of both I think. I want to get up into the mountains and go out and have some fun in the evenings.
And I’m staying in an adults only (but not gay) hotel that’s about 5 mins walk away from the Yumbo so that’s that bit covered 🙂
What is the Yumbo?

A 5.8 for me this morning. And well done to @BobbleHat on your HS. 🙂

I got my flu and COVID (Moderna) jabs yesterday AM. No ill effects, just a slight twinge when I raised my right (Moderna) arm too quickly. But I only did that once. 😉

May the Gods bless all our wonderful NHS staff for the incredible work they do, despite being underfunded and under resourced. After dinner last night, I did a silent hand clap and a silent saucepan lid bashing in remembrance of how things were in those bad old days.

Stay safe everyone.

Dez

What is the Yumbo?
It’s a shopping centre by day and a concentration of restaurants and bars by night.
It’s also a concrete eyesore with all of the architectural delights of 1970s Romford.
Some of the restaurants are great (or certainly were) and it’s basically the gay village as far as nightlife goes.

Today started bright and sunny but it's already clouded over, although it's mild and there's no rain in our forecast. 5.8 again, so a hat-trick of 5.8s.

Had my Covid jab at our surgery yesterday. Had barely sat down when I was called so I was in and out in about 3 minutes. Remarkable - last year there was a long queue. Arm's a little sore and I went to bed feeling slightly achy last night, but that might be nothing to do with the jab. Still the same this morning so had some Lemsip and not planning to scrub my regular Tuesday swim.

Congrats on the HS @BobbleHat

Still not caught up with the laundry, having been away for 3 days, so will get on top of that today. Might be mild enough to get the towels out on the line. Even if they don't dry completely it'll save some tumble dryer time.

Whatever your plans, have a good day.

Back