Group 7-day waking average?

It’s Yom Kippur today, that’s the Day of Atonement and it’s a 26ish hour fast. No food, no water etc. The religious types interpret this as not even cleaning your teeth in case you accidentally swallow some water.
As with all Jewish holiday instructions though, if there’s a medical need to take prescribed medication then it’s a sin not to eat/drink as required.

Yesterday afternoon I went to Purfleet and the Royal Opera costume warehouse for their prop and costume sale. There were 27,000 items up for grabs and some were truly stunning.

I did try a few bits on including some stunning classic opera coats that weighed a tonne. They were both a deep magenta with a white trim and had massive flared trains almost. So heavy though. One was for a more superior character and one a lesser one. The superior one was hand embroidered from head to toe in gold thread almost filigree and the lesser one had hints of a military jacket about it but neither were really what I was looking for.

I was tempted by a pair of wings I found though and I kept going back to them and trying them on again. And again.

They were the ideal colour for Scarlet Night but not exactly practical for getting about easily on the boat, drinking, eating, dancing etc. And I would have had to put them in oversized baggage on the flight to Barcelona.

IMG_1783.jpeg
IMG_1786.jpeg

Reader I have to inform you that I did not end up buying them. Also they were £300 I discovered after being told initially they were £75.

Handmade (obviously), titanium frame, latex sort of base (shoulders all the down to flight feathers) overlaid with leather at the shoulder cap (inside and out) and then bedecked with real feathers on top of the shoulders and half way down the wings themselves. Spoke to the designer and he said it took him just over a week to make each pair of these.

I was very tempted until they confirmed the price.

And it’s the weekend again, blimey, it’s nearly Christmas
Oh, no, please don't! I have already seen an open pack of mince pies at work. Whyyy??😱

(I'm exaggerating. I'm not a Grinch, it just feels early!)

Morning all, 4.9 here.
Got home yesterday evening, having spent the morning sunning ourselves in a cafe on an Italian piazza in Udine, goodness the house felt cold! And we’d left the heating on low. I hasten to add, before you all get too jealous, that yesterday morning was the first time we’d seen the sun all week, cloud and rain most of the time, but at least it was warm rain, around 20 degrees.

It’s Yom Kippur today, that’s the Day of Atonement and it’s a 26ish hour fast. No food, no water etc. The religious types interpret this as not even cleaning your teeth in case you accidentally swallow some water.
As with all Jewish holiday instructions though, if there’s a medical need to take prescribed medication then it’s a sin not to eat/drink as required.

Yesterday afternoon I went to Purfleet and the Royal Opera costume warehouse for their prop and costume sale. There were 27,000 items up for grabs and some were truly stunning.

I did try a few bits on including some stunning classic opera coats that weighed a tonne. They were both a deep magenta with a white trim and had massive flared trains almost. So heavy though. One was for a more superior character and one a lesser one. The superior one was hand embroidered from head to toe in gold thread almost filigree and the lesser one had hints of a military jacket about it but neither were really what I was looking for.

I was tempted by a pair of wings I found though and I kept going back to them and trying them on again. And again.

They were the ideal colour for Scarlet Night but not exactly practical for getting about easily on the boat, drinking, eating, dancing etc. And I would have had to put them in oversized baggage on the flight to Barcelona.

View attachment 31939
View attachment 31940

Reader I have to inform you that I did not end up buying them. Also they were £300 I discovered after being told initially they were £75.

Handmade (obviously), titanium frame, latex sort of base (shoulders all the down to flight feathers) overlaid with leather at the shoulder cap (inside and out) and then bedecked with real feathers on top of the shoulders and half way down the wings themselves. Spoke to the designer and he said it took him just over a week to make each pair of these.

I was going to give you a gold star for the HS but had to go with the 'wow' for the wings! They are stunning, shame about the price.

There's a Jewish girl in my book club, she was telling us about Yom Kippur (and joking about eating all the things before having to fast). Also, last week she got us cards and honey cake for Rosh Hashanah (sp?), it was very sweet...the gesture and the cake 😉

Morning

@eggyg @Gwynn @ColinUK - congratulations to our HS triplets today,

@Pam123 - so sorry to read your news and the way it was told to you.

5.4 for me today, lost 3 1/2lb this week, I am going to be honest I was disappointed, which I know I shouldn’t be, but most importantly since having the first jab of Mounjaro last Sat, the highest my waking BG has been is 5.8, not felt the need to snack between much smaller meals, in fact, struggling to eat 3 meals a day, no cravings at all, so the jab is doing what is most important helping my D, so I must see any weight I lose as a bonus, not as the main reason.

Off today the the Knit and Stitch show at Ally Pally, already taken a precautionary dose of Imodium and taking extras with me. Did have a good night’s sleep with no nausea or stomach cramps, so hoping things have settled down. Second Mounjaro jab done. All I need to do is keep a tight rein on my spending today and just enjoy being on a day out with the knit and natter ladies.

View attachment 31939
View attachment 31940

Pleased you enjoyed it, but Purfleet is now called Purfleet on Thames, in an attempt to make it sound a lot better than the reality of what the area is really like, which I know well as my son use to live there.

I do like the wings but agree, £300 is a lot especially after initially being told £75.

Good morning everyone! 7'8 today. I didn't change my sensor and I really should, as I find I'm not consistent at all with checking with finger pricks at the moment. Maybe I got too complacent after last hospital review. No news yet on wether I can try Metformin.

I'm getting more decent patterns of time off this weeks, which I'm grateful for. Two days ago I went with my closest colleagues to Dartmouth, it was my first visit and I found it quite charming. The rest of my time I've been trying to recover emotionally from the end of Good Omens season 2. I'm not over it yet :(

Well done to today's HSs. :star: :star: :star:
A 4.7 for me this morning.

Dez

Good morning 6.0 on the nose today
Congrats on the HS today @eggyg @Gwynn @ColinUK

@Grannylorraine well done on loosing weight your first week on MJ
I would say don’t feel disappointed when you say you lost over 3 1/2 lb the first week
most weeks I’ve been loosing about the same, plus first month you are on the 2.5 mg dose

<3 cute puppy pic from @Bloden
not sure how to comment on those wings @ColinUK apart from “WOW wings”

so glad it’s the weekend, been quite stressful at work last week (despite only working 4 days)
TC everyone 😎

View attachment 31939
View attachment 31940

Sounds like you were in your element Colin.
One question is how many occasions do you attend when you can wear those type of outfits as I must confess even if I had Lord Ali to pay for my clothing budget those items would remain in the wardrobe for the kind of places I visit lol

Would like to have joined the HS gang today but I've overshot with 5.6, same as yesterday. Congrats @eggyg @Gwynn @ColinUK on yours, though.

Quiet day in store. Our eldest is at his girlfriend's in London, although he'll be back late tonight, and my wife is off to Bedford shortly for her niece's Baby Shower, back tomorrow. Just me and our youngest for tea so will decide what we're having once he's up, which I expect will be somewhere around midday.

Someone's scraped my car while it was parked so will be having a look later to see whether it was enough to wake up my dashcam and capture anything. I've had no accidents in it but it's been been hit 4 times whilst parked - once right outside the house by a neighbour's daughter, once while I was sat in it waiting to pick up our boys from school, once in Sainsbury's car park and now again.

As @goodybags might say, have a Super Saturday.

Morning all. 5.8 after a massive rise just before dinner yesterday, which several corrections were failing to bring down. I'm hoping it was because the cold was still in my system as everything i ate was carb counted. Fingers crossed it stays better today as my TIR for this week is shocking.

Congrats to all HSers @eggyg, @Gwynn and @ColinUK.

@ColinUK fabulous wings!

@Grannylorraine congrats on the weight loss. Enjoy the Knit and Stitch show. I know what you mean about the spending, i have tickets to go to the Christmas Craft Show. I shall have to watch my spending this year.

@Martin.A how frustrating about your car. I hope theres not too much damage.

Cleaning and dusting to do today, not much else. Its raining so i can't get in the garden. Have a lovely day whatever you do.

5.7 for me today.
Well done to everyone with a HS :star::star::star:.

I have an appointment for The Our Future Health research project in an hour. So, I'm off to an NHS portacabin in the big Tesco carpark so I can have my blood taken and hopefully, in some tiny way (they're aiming to recruit 5 million participants so a *very* tiny way) contribute to finding cures for things are currently incurable (like, oh I don't know, diabetes!)

Then tonight I have a wedding celebration for one of my colleagues from my old job. She and husband nipped off to Vegas to tie the knot so we're celebrating with them on their return.

Hope everyone else enjoys their weekend.

Back