Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.8

Monet exhibition at the Courtauld yesterday was beyond breathtaking. I’m not a huge Monet fan but having 21 of his Thames Views paintings hanging in the same intimate space was amazing. That man sure could paint.

Opera in the evening was also a win. Puccini wrote it as one of a triple bill that would be presented as a tryptic in a single performance but here it’s just Suor Angelica that’s being staged. It’s gut wrenching intense and it was only 55 minutes from start to finish. Cast were resting for an hour and then they were doing a second performance!
————————————

Monet basically lived at the Savoy and passed the view from his balcony and other places around the river. None of the paintings were completed in situ but he’d take the unfinished canvases home and finish them there, sometimes ten years after starting.
He said that he could only paint for about 5 minutes a time in London as it would always rain but the thing he loved most was the fog as it would make the buildings into mysterious shrouded shapes.
View attachment 31640View attachment 31641View attachment 31642View attachment 31643View attachment 31644View attachment 31645

This one is the one I’d have gladly tagged home with me. It stopped me in my tracks and I just stood there in front of it for easily twenty minutes. I even had a tear running down my cheek at one point. It’s just so so beautiful even if not “pretty”.
View attachment 31646

No problems seeing or hearing anything from this seat!
View attachment 31647
WNO's new production of Il Trittico is terrific!

Morning all - bright and sunny with scattered clouds and though there's a yellow warning of wind there is no wind at present.

7.1 this morning which seems to be par for the course on the Omnipod 5/Libre 2+ combo. A much more comfy night though now we have the Autumn/Spring duvet on the bed, rather than the extremely thin summer one.

Chicken last night was delicious - very moist thanks to the garlic and basil butters. Now we have a choice of chicken or venison stew for tonight. Good because we are out for the afternoon meeting friends.

Talking of toilets I have been guilty of going into the gents by accident. Particularly one in Lanzarote many years ago. I had taken the picture of a Caballero with a frock coat and a pony tail, to be a woman with a swishy skirt, but I walked into a space with 2 chaps using urinals and backed out with a very red face! In France these days there seem to be a lot of unisex loos, usually in smaller establishments.

Now I want to go to Giverny!

Congratulations to @42istheanswer on your HS and hope your cough clears up for the wedding. Photos of the wedding please!

Happy Saturday all.

Morning all. Not taking a reading as up around 3ish as usual and gave up and ate cold leftover sossies and sprouts. Weight shot up so I'm too cowardly to do a reading. Tomorrow is another day. Have a good one all. 🙂

@Wirrallass A bit of pruning these days and I go sickly with exhaustion. Getting old bites. :(

Morning

8.5 today, still coughing, been grocery shopping, have knit and natter later.

@42istheanswer - congratulations on your HS,

@ColinUK - love the paintings you posted pics of, I also like Monet despite note knowing much about art.

Morning all. 5.8

Monet exhibition at the Courtauld yesterday was beyond breathtaking. I’m not a huge Monet fan but having 21 of his Thames Views paintings hanging in the same intimate space was amazing. That man sure could paint.

Opera in the evening was also a win. Puccini wrote it as one of a triple bill that would be presented as a tryptic in a single performance but here it’s just Suor Angelica that’s being staged. It’s gut wrenching intense and it was only 55 minutes from start to finish. Cast were resting for an hour and then they were doing a second performance!
————————————

Monet basically lived at the Savoy and passed the view from his balcony and other places around the river. None of the paintings were completed in situ but he’d take the unfinished canvases home and finish them there, sometimes ten years after starting.
He said that he could only paint for about 5 minutes a time in London as it would always rain but the thing he loved most was the fog as it would make the buildings into mysterious shrouded shapes.
View attachment 31640View attachment 31641View attachment 31642View attachment 31643View attachment 31644View attachment 31645

This one is the one I’d have gladly tagged home with me. It stopped me in my tracks and I just stood there in front of it for easily twenty minutes. I even had a tear running down my cheek at one point. It’s just so so beautiful even if not “pretty”.
View attachment 31646

No problems seeing or hearing anything from this seat!
View attachment 31647
I can imagine that any police officers reading this will want to double-check that you haven't somehow replaced one of the Monets with a copy and taken the original home with you :confused:.

A nice 5.5 this morning for me.

Congratulations @42istheanswer on your HS today.

@ColinUK - lovely paintings, I bet they were amazing in real life!

Had a good day yesterday, although didn’t get to where we originally planned, but nevertheless saw some beautiful coastline of County Donegal.

IMG_0241.jpeg

But didn’t quite find the pot of gold here :
IMG_0246.jpeg

Family reunion and my wife’s uncle’s 80th birthday party today where no doubt I’ll not have a clue who is who!

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning 6.9 today

congrats on the HS @42istheanswer and for yours yesterday @MikeyBikey

It’s a lovely morning here today, I’ve just had my breakfast here in the garden, now relaxing sat in the sun, it is maybe just a tad chilly but wearing a hoodie, a big relief it’s finally not raining here today.

think I will phone Abbott to report a potentially dodgy sensor, which last night as I was about to remove it, it did eventually re connect but for nearly three hours it kept asking me to rescan it in ten minuets
or it wouldn’t scan (was getting 2 different error messages) obviously the app was making a tone as it knew something was wrong, it however finally reconnect itself at about midnight, so much for my early night, but finally did get a good nights sleep, and this morning it’s behaving itself.

Thanks for sharing the tour of that Monet collection @ColinUK in CCC :star:
those paintings look stunning although I’m looking on my iPad in the garden, I’m sure seeing them at the venue you did would be a far more moving experience <3

Football to listen to on the Radio this afternoon, and I think we’re off grocery shopping, but apart from that nothing to stressful planned for me

I’ve my next appointment at DMO clinic on Monday afternoon, so fingers crossed and will see what the scan shows and they see, regarding my on going eye health, I’m sure the swelling has reduced in that eye and now my glasses prescription might again be not optimal for me, anyway I understand without speaking to them at the hospital whilst I’ve still got retinopathy it’s a waste of money to think about new glasses.

HAGW everyone 😎

Which is which though? Mr Eggy has form for going in the wrong loo. Many the time he’s come out and says they were posh men’s loos, they had flowery wallpaper/fresh flowers/scented candles! I despair!
Don't worry @eggyg . Nearly all loos has th English transaltion as well as the Welsh. And all of them have pictures of a man in trousers and a woman in a skirt...just tell Mr E to put his glases on and look at the nice pictures before enterng. Welcome to a rather damp Wales after heavy overnigh rain - which has cleared for the moment.

Good morning 7.4 No excuses - wrong foods yesterday and almost no sleep last night with worrying.

Yesterday's house NBG - most of the 2 acres was shale and concrete - only half an acre of grass on a steep slope. At the price one would have expected Wimbledon quality turf throughout...

Looks as if I need to go to Yorkshire next week to sort out the house in Cousin John's estate. Qute tempted to take my railer and visit the local tip - the professionals want to charge £400 for each skip load and say no sale available for furniture (the latter may be true if they are all rolling in money in the west riding.) Charities gladly come and collect he stuff here for resale or donation to those having nothing on moving into a new home.

Back to rightmove...have a good day everyone.

5.1 this morning missed posting yesterday I was 5.4 shopping trip looms once hubby has finished putting the washing out taking advantage of the nice weather its expected to lat just today, hubby spent 3 hours on the phone to the DWP who eventually paid him he PIP award after winning his appeal, only problem was the back pay was over £1000 short there sorting it out but we have to wait until Monday until they tell him how it will be paid its there mistake but there trying to get the system to pay the back pay if not there going to have to do it another wy waiting with baited breathe with that one anyway have a good day everyone

Back