Group 7-day waking average?

A 5.8 this morning. 🙂
It's rather chilly outside at the moment - but no rain (it all fell yesterday).

Dez

Good morning! Happy with a HS after a restless night with a Triple P (Phantom Pain Peak - not toilet visits :rofl:).

After Wednesday's extra physio non-event yesterday was another disaster as Patient Transport failed to turn up! I spoke with my physiotherapist later and in fact only one person from the whole group got to the group session. She was also not happy about Wednesday's outcome.

Overcast and raining. A friend in North Herts is trying to stop the flood waters coming into the house. They had minor flooding about ten years ago. It is not really a flood risk area but ongoing neglect of the drains by the council. Yet they have money for highly paid non-jobs!

Screenshot_20240927-074040.png

Morning

9.4 today, last day day of long lates days. I have a very tight congested chest. Miserable day here as well, grey, wet, and windy, felt like staying in bed all day.

@eggyg - enjoy your holiday.

@MikeyBikey - congratulations on your HS

Morning everyone from a very wet Bedfordshire, it’s been raining most of the night, still on the bright side I won’t need to water the garden.

Anyway, I had to get up and go downstairs to get some test strips so today’s reading of 6.1 is higher than usual.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

You joke but cousins of mine once had burglars break in whilst they were away. The house was always such a mess that all the burglars did was tidy up a bit, so the washing up and make a sandwich before leaving!
True story. Many years ago a couple in the village went away for six months. They asked my neighbour/friend to keep a check on their bungalow . One day their burglar alarm was ringing so she went over. Peeked in the windows and was shocked to see the place was in an uproar, clothes hanging out of drawers, stuff lying all over the place. but no sign of a break in. She called them and explained. They then had to admit they’d left it like that! And ever since then I’ve always left my house immaculate! We still laugh about it now. :rofl:

We have the same start to the day as @Grannylorraine - grey, wet and windy. Had two thunderstorms yesterday and the rain was monsoon-like, absolutely torrential. I'd just come out of the leisure centre before the first one and was planning on having lunch in town, but the sky looked ominous so I headed back to the car in the multistorey next door. By the time I got to it the heavens had opened. Smart move.

@BobbleHat - the eye screening is just a photo. No puffs in the eye but probably eye drops beforehand.

Congrats @MikeyBikey on the HS

Friday, so Big Shop later. Groceries costing a bit more these days now that our youngest is no longer at Sainsbury's. Still get Nectar prices, though, and Morrisons have now started the same thing with their More card. Every Little Helps, though we rarely shop at that one.

Still the wrong side of the border with a 6.2 this morning.

Have a good day, weather permitting.

Morning all. Bit nippy, not sure what the weather's like as I haven't opened the verticals because it's Friday and I'm off to my son's later to meet up with my brother. Friday is set in stone. Downsizing Mum's garden which is a huge job and will take years. Why did I put so much in? 😱 One point up from yesterday @ 7.6 not bad. I'd eaten too much pickled beetroot and an entire family size tub of coleslaw. I wish I wasn't so greedy. :( Have a great day all. Lovely to see you on here @Wirrallass 🙂

I've never had a consultant and i don't have a DSN now either. I was diagnosed T1 by the DSN who works for the Community Trust and was transferred back to GP care during Covid when the HbA1c was a better level.

Should all T1s be under a Consultant/hospital DSN?
I guess this will vary across the country. My GP Health Centre have told me that they don’t look after T1s and prefer to have them under hospital care. However, if you are stable and not asking for any help for adjustments, etc. then my GP are ok with having me just in their care. The hospital however are more than happy to keep me under their care as they said it is always useful as they are up to date with any developments, technology or smart insulins, etc. and therefore if anything comes along it would be easy for me to get onto it.

Back