Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.6 but i think the DF is in residence here. Spikes after things i've eaten before, hypos despite JBs early morning. I think some of it might still be stress.

@Bloden good luck with this pup. How sad that you've been rejected the other pup because you have your rules. It doesn't make you love it less, just shows you are responsible training a dog. You would think a rescue centre would want that. Fingers crossed with the other pup.

We have a weather warning for the next two days....more heavy rain. Depressing, though matching my mood atm.

Low alarm has just gone off so i'm off to sort it. Have a good day everyone. Stay dry.

7.5 this morning...that's seriously good...especially for me...and Barcelona is looking great.My fiencees sister and Spanish husband have given us the opinion of staying an extra two weeks...which basically means we'll be staying here for a whole month!...We might just taken up on that offer.

Last edited:
Morning

9 exactly, coughing loads this morning as cold has gone into my chest, can’t take time off sick to recover as colleague is on leave and only the 2 of us doing the job. Never mind only today and tomorrow to cover.

Good morning 6.3

Lovely clear blue sky in defiance of meteorologists.

Still house hunting as village bungalow too problematic. Getting a bit bored with people who want one to pay through the nose for dirt, mess, and problems. Waiting to hear what price the Towy Valley place owner wants for not keeping his fences and grassland in good order, or cutting down weeds round house or creating a garden....oh and claiming a heap of sheets by the river is a shed....Bungalow is OK though, doesn't need a rebuild, just a bit of an eye - provided not blinded by bright red and orange walls...

Hope nobody suffering from the deluges.

A nice (?) round 6.0 on a bright and sunny Berkshire morning but, wouldn't you know it, we have a weather warning in place for thunderstorms after lunch.

Collected my car yesterday afternoon and paid for the service and replacement rear suspension spring, so just need to get the brakes sorted before the MoT next month, unless I decide its days are up. I'm in two minds at the moment .

Usual Thursday swim later and the ironing basket is screaming for attention, so that's a big chunk of the day sorted. In the meantime it's time to settle down with a coffee and the newspapers (Thursday's the day for our local).

Whatever your plans, have a good day - weather permitting.

Ok what do I not understand?

Looking up magnesium (I often recheck things) on the internet.

RDA 420mg
Safe Upper limit 350mg

That can't be right. I must be mistaken. Anyone able to shed some light on this (and yes, the sites I visited are all stating values in mg)

Today my food, supplement and adjustment for PPI reduction, my magnesium is 415mg

Am I doomed (or just confused for life).

The internet is a wonderful, confusing place.

I can't help, I'm thick @Gwynn thank goodness I'm not Type 1, I'd never cope. I can't cope with Type 2.

Morning all. Up again today 7.5 @ 6.32 because of big bowl pesto pasta yesterday with cheese and crackers for lunch. Never mind, my weight only went up a matter of ounces, I'm still going down and bit by bit getting to grips with health and all. I'm having a 'take it easy' day. I overdid it yesterday, could hardly move my Sholley on and off the buses so that's the end of an era. Online weekly grocery shop in future. I likes Iceland. At least they can find me which is more than Royal Mail can. 🙂 Have a good day all.

Around 4.5 first thing looking at the graph but 6.6 by the time my bleary eyes worked to look at the app, Dawn definitely kicking in!

We are now in Northern Ireland staying at my wife’s aunt ready for a big family reunion on Saturday and an uncle’s 80th party. It is raining, of course!

The day before flying here I got a message from the hospital with an appointment to see the diabetes consultant, so I had to rearrange, but very luckily I managed to get one for the week we are back from Ireland. This was all from my hospital DSN who said that it would be good to be under a consultant (apparently I was just in the care of the DSNs at the hospital) and to get the consultant to officially record that I am T1. I had thought this was sorted, the DSN had said that I was and they were assuming T1, but the last DSN appointment she said it wasn’t on my notes from a consultant and that I wasn’t actually under a consultant. She thought it would be good to get on the consultant’s list and get an official T1 diagnosis so that there wouldn’t be any barrier for future inclusion in pumps, HCL or whatever comes along.

Not sure what the consultant can say or do now though, I’m definitely not producing any insulin as evidenced by how my BG goes up with carbs and I have an insulin sensitivity of 1U to 1mmol/l. Not sure if this would be enough to conclude T1. Sadly it is way too late since initial presentation of symptoms for things like GAD tests. Interestingly I looked back over my medical records and saw that my HbA1c was steadily rising whilst on metformin (the first GP back in 2002 assumed I was T2) to 144 when I was started on insulin. It took a couple of years to bring the HbA1c down to 44 by gradually increasing the insulin.

Oh well, let’s see what this consultant has to say this time around. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get this off my chest!

Take care everyone!

Good morning! Another 7'2 today.

I was good and went to bed at a reasonable time and felt refreshed when I woke up early for my Bournemouth trip. By the way, I see a lot of laughter but no one is giving me recommendations. Is it really that bad?? 😛

Good morning! Another 7'2 today.

I was good and went to bed at a reasonable time and felt refreshed when I woke up early for my Bournemouth trip. By the way, I see a lot of laughter but no one is giving me recommendations. Is it really that bad?? 😛
I haven't been to Bournemouth since I was 18 - when myself and a couple of friends used to hitch hike over there from Southampton. I remember it being a lovely town with some great beaches and there are some really nice gardens in the centre. The shopping was good back then too. If the worst comes to the worst there is an Odeon cinema with 10 screens. If it's not raining there's a pier too. A quick google tells me there's also an Oceanarium.

Morning all - undecided weather here in West Cornwall, one minute it's raining, the next it's sunny. More rain predicted for later.

7.1 first thing. Not sure what to make of the "auto events" but the HCL doesn't seem to want to get me to 6.1. It seems happy to bumble along in the low 7s.

Not much on today so perhaps I'll join @Martin.A and finally attack the pile of post-holiday ironing. Maybe I'll make a Venison stew if I can get my hands on some more carrots and mushrooms. I made all those veggies into soups the other day.

@Eternal422 I wish you lots of luck with the Consultant and hope you can get a definitive diagnosis of T1.

@MikeyBikey I feel your frustration with the physio. I was hugely disappointed with the NHS one I saw who's only suggestions were to give me a walking stick that looked like it was made out of scaffolding, or strap my knee up with a hideous looking nude corset! Throughout my 2 appointments he looked bored.

So... have a good day all

12.9 this morning. Slowly coming down following seriously high numbers whilst I was taking strong antibiotics x 4 daily for Cellulitis. My stomach had a bad reaction to them so I started on a course of Probiotics. Amazingly they settled my tum. I take them every day now. I also find my IBS isn't anywhere near as bad as it was I'm pleased to say. I will let my GP know this coz the meds I've been taking for yonks don't do the trick anymore.

Miserable cold damp morning here so will stay in and crack on with batch cooking for the freezer. My ready meals come in handy on days when I'm not up to cooking.

Incidentally I started using herbal pain relief patches ten days ago, for my right knee which has been giving me jip particularly during the night. Ouch! I can honestly say they're certainly working for me. So I've slapped one on my painful shoulder today.
@everydayupsanddowns Do you know if herbal patches will affect bgls in any way plz?

Hope y'all have a good day whatever you have planned.
Take care.
WL

Last edited:
Ok what do I not understand?

Looking up magnesium (I often recheck things) on the internet.

RDA 420mg
Safe Upper limit 350mg

That can't be right. I must be mistaken. Anyone able to shed some light on this (and yes, the sites I visited are all stating values in mg)

Today my food, supplement and adjustment for PPI reduction, my magnesium is 415mg

Am I doomed (or just confused for life).

The internet is a wonderful, confusing place.
The information on the box of my wife's Menopace tablets says that each tablet contains 100mg of Magnesium, 27% of NRV, which ties in with what you're seeing.

I haven't been to Bournemouth since I was 18 - when myself and a couple of friends used to hitch hike over there from Southampton. I remember it being a lovely town with some great beaches and there are some really nice gardens in the centre. The shopping was good back then too. If the worst comes to the worst there is an Odeon cinema with 10 screens. If it's not raining there's a pier too. A quick google tells me there's also an Oceanarium.
My wife graduated from Bournemouth University back in the 1980s and fell in love with the place during her years there. When we first became an item the first awayday we had was to Bournemouth, which she knew like the back of her hand. It was like having my own personal tourist guide. We haven't visited for a while as last time we went we spent more time stuck in traffic than we spent in Bournemouth itself.

Last edited:
Oh well...at least a change from my own town, which I like but can get boring at times, too. I was invited by a couple of friends, she has a work event there and he is driving her. They said I could join the trip, so I get to see a new place and he doesn´t have to wait for her alone. I didn´t have anything better to do :D
Yes, as you say, it's a change! I hope you have a good trip 🙂. I remember that Bournemouth has a good pier.

Afternoon everyone, I woke to another 5.6 today after a very long night, I must have woken about 100 times - well it felt like it.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

4.9 for me hours ago but forgot to post in my haste to get to work.

Wishing everyone a rain free day.
That reminds me of a line in the Paul Simon song 'Slip Sliding Away': "A good day ain't got no rain". Or, a more cynical take on things from (of course) John Lennon: "When the rain comes, they run and hide their head; they might as well be dead!".

Back