Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.8

Monet exhibition at the Courtauld yesterday was beyond breathtaking. I’m not a huge Monet fan but having 21 of his Thames Views paintings hanging in the same intimate space was amazing. That man sure could paint.

Opera in the evening was also a win. Puccini wrote it as one of a triple bill that would be presented as a tryptic in a single performance but here it’s just Suor Angelica that’s being staged. It’s gut wrenching intense and it was only 55 minutes from start to finish. Cast were resting for an hour and then they were doing a second performance!
————————————

Monet basically lived at the Savoy and passed the view from his balcony and other places around the river. None of the paintings were completed in situ but he’d take the unfinished canvases home and finish them there, sometimes ten years after starting.
He said that he could only paint for about 5 minutes a time in London as it would always rain but the thing he loved most was the fog as it would make the buildings into mysterious shrouded shapes.
IMG_1732.jpegIMG_1735.jpegIMG_1737.jpegIMG_1743.jpegIMG_1742.jpegIMG_1741.jpeg

This one is the one I’d have gladly tagged home with me. It stopped me in my tracks and I just stood there in front of it for easily twenty minutes. I even had a tear running down my cheek at one point. It’s just so so beautiful even if not “pretty”.
IMG_1739.jpeg

No problems seeing or hearing anything from this seat!
IMG_1745.jpeg

Morning all. 5.8

Monet exhibition at the Courtauld yesterday was beyond breathtaking. I’m not a huge Monet fan but having 21 of his Thames Views paintings hanging in the same intimate space was amazing. That man sure could paint.

Opera in the evening was also a win. Puccini wrote it as one of a triple bill that would be presented as a tryptic in a single performance but here it’s just Suor Angelica that’s being staged. It’s gut wrenching intense and it was only 55 minutes from start to finish. Cast were resting for an hour and then they were doing a second performance!
————————————

Monet basically lived at the Savoy and passed the view from his balcony and other places around the river. None of the paintings were completed in situ but he’d take the unfinished canvases home and finish them there, sometimes ten years after starting.
He said that he could only paint for about 5 minutes a time in London as it would always rain but the thing he loved most was the fog as it would make the buildings into mysterious shrouded shapes.
View attachment 31640View attachment 31641View attachment 31642View attachment 31643View attachment 31644View attachment 31645

This one is the one I’d have gladly tagged home with me. It stopped me in my tracks and I just stood there in front of it for easily twenty minutes. I even had a tear running down my cheek at one point. It’s just so so beautiful even if not “pretty”.
View attachment 31646

No problems seeing or hearing anything from this seat!
View attachment 31647
We visited Monet’s Gardens five years ago whilst on our five week European tour in Camille. We stayed in a gîte in Giverny next door to the graveyard where he’s buried. It was literally a short walk to his home and garden, we spent all day there. What a beautiful place, although his house didn’t appear to have a bathroom/loo! Don’t think any of the above paintings of his were painted whilst he was in residence in Giverny! I agree though, your favourite is amazing.

6.9 for me today. A little higher but we were out last night for eldest's birthday but I made fairly sensible choices. He chose the venue but it was a good one for me, as its a fusion place of multiple cuisines. Made it easier to choose foods that kept me stable overnight.

I studied the French Impressionists many years ago, for my French A-level. It's left me with an enduring love of their work. I love a trip to the Musee d'Orsay when I'm in Paris. Renoir is my particular favourite but I agree that your favourite Monet from yesterday is very evocative.

Enjoy your time in Wales @eggyg

Work for me, just 6 shifts left in my current job so lots of tying up loose ends this week.

Last edited:
Morning 6.3 today.
I do like Monet for both style and substance.
We did two of his works as jigsaws recently, tricky dicky!
Working on the Bluebell Railway today, hot teas and hot chocolate kinda day I think although we have two fish n chip train runs today. A lovely smell wafting through the carriages all the way to my buffet car!
I will leave you with that... 🙂

We visited Monet’s Gardens five years ago whilst on our five week European tour in Camille. We stayed in a gîte in Giverny next door to the graveyard where he’s buried. It was literally a short walk to his home and garden, we spent all day there. What a beautiful place, although his house didn’t appear to have a bathroom/loo! Don’t think any of the above paintings of his were painted whilst he was in residence in Giverny! I agree though, your favourite is amazing.
They were all painted whilst he was resident there!

Morning 6.3 today.
I do like Monet for both style and substance.
We did two of his works as jigsaws recently, tricky dicky!
Working on the Bluebell Railway today, hot teas and hot chocolate kinda day I think although we have two fish n chip train runs today. A lovely smell wafting through the carriages all the way to my buffet car!
I will leave you with that... 🙂
Morning all another Monet lover here but my big “ cultural phase “ was a long time ago but visited most of art galleries over Europe during that life stage and it was inspiring.
Enjoy Wales Eggy and I would say most important words are Dynion and Merched at least while you are out and about and need a loo stop as we don't want you or Mr Eggy going in the wrong one one.
Much better BG control last night with a nice flat line and a 6.7 and a long sleep.
Really feeling happy ATM and as I have said before I never get really unhappy but just less content than usual.
So have a great w/ end all

Good morning everyone

BG 5.3 (may be the original decision on an HS being 5.2 was wrong!!! Surely 5.3 is far better after all I get more of those! )

Wife had a good day yesterday thankfully.

We have not one, not two squirrels, in our small garden, but a whole family!!! My wife loves them, it's good therapy for her.

Today, a practice at the church this evening, maybe a walk this afternoon if it is not raining. Got to get 2 new mic stands and 2 new music stands there somehow (I don't drive).

step-up-to-mic-23616278.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

GM

4.7 for me...

Book club today, great book chosen The Bee Sting.Looking forward to hearing what the others thought

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Morning all. 5.3.
I like Monet too though i don't know much about art. I just like a nice picture. @ColinUK those paintings are stunning, must be even more so in real life.

5.2 when I first checked this morning!

Really bad night's sleep though, between fiancé struggling to get to sleep last night and accidentally waking me up (when I had not long got to sleep) when he got up to go to the toilet and downstairs for a snack, and then I was coughing a lot and waking myself too and then struggling to drop back off. Pretty sure it's just a cold as I did a covid test earlier in the week which was negative, but I hope it is all cleared by wedding day which is coming up soon... coughs sometimes linger....

Bore da, bawb / Morning, everyone - a bit of Welsh for you @eggyg - good for you, taking an interest in Welsh! When you say Iechyd da (yaki da), that ‘ch’ is pronounced like the guttural ‘ch’ in the word loch. Pob lwc / Good luck!

7.7 for me - my FOTF is very random. Any basal tweaks leave me low the next day, so then I have to un-tweak. What a kerfuffle.

Have a great weekend, peeps.

Morning all another Monet lover here but my big “ cultural phase “ was a long time ago but visited most of art galleries over Europe during that life stage and it was inspiring.
Enjoy Wales Eggy and I would say most important words are Dynion and Merched at least while you are out and about and need a loo stop as we don't want you or Mr Eggy going in the wrong one one.
Much better BG control last night with a nice flat line and a 6.7 and a long sleep.
Really feeling happy ATM and as I have said before I never get really unhappy but just less content than usual.
So have a great w/ end all
Which is which though? Mr Eggy has form for going in the wrong loo. Many the time he’s come out and says they were posh men’s loos, they had flowery wallpaper/fresh flowers/scented candles! I despair!

It's a lovely calm and sunny morning here in Berkshire with a forecast of sunny intervals and a gentle breeze and, mercifully, no rain. Not warm, though - it's not going to get far into double figures today. I'll settle for it being dry.

Overdid the carbs yesterday - almost 180g - but still got a fairly routine 5.9 postprandial, and a 5.6 this morning, so seems no harm done. Weekly BP check 124/68, so fine with that.

Good advice from @Wendal about the signs for the loos @eggyg but please don't be a vandal and spray 'pickle' next to the sign for the gents (Dynion, pronounced dunyon) - I saw a lot of that while growing up in Wales back in the 1960s.

My wife and I are home alone for most of the day. Our youngest had arranged a round of golf with his mates for this morning, teeing off just before 8 o'clock over in Maidenhead, so he was up and away early, and our eldest is at his girlfriend's in London until this evening. No sure what we'll be doing but I suspect it'll be a trip into town and maybe lunch there.

Congrats @42istheanswer on the HS

Whatever your plans, enjoy your Saturday.

Back